Pre- activated SIMs in vending machines.
I love the pre-activated SIM idea, as well as the vending machines (especially if these are placed at Walmart entrances).
But if we're going this route, we may as well have pre-activated SIMs delivered to the customer by drones!
@Luddite how would preactivated sim work? With so many various plan options, and when would the 30/90 days start? Etc.
My guess, a mobile friendly self serve?
Merely announcing yet another retail partner would not be "special." They never billed their partnerships with Walmart, Wow, K-Mobile, London Drugs, or Mobile Shop as special, so it needs to be something different this time, if it's to deserve this pre-announcement hype, which to my memory hasn't happened before with other announcements. Vending machines would definitely be different, though they do require some overhead. Public Mobile stores would need even more overhead and they eliminated those long ago so they could have a less for less model, so it wouldn't make much sense to do a 180 on that. Maybe SIMs at Canada Post offices/outlets? Who knows...
I would guess, one of the 3 recently posted
We are passionately working on:
- Faster Moderator response times
- An improved ticket submission process
- Additional goodness from SIMon The Bot
- They are bringing promotions back to 90 day plans?
- They are coming out with a $15 plan?
- They are now going to have a sms-add on?
- Self serve will have a network reconfigure button so we don't have to click "lost/stolen" (which takes away your referrers $1 credit, and doesn't always put it back)?
- Public mobile calling center efforts will be transfered to public labs, and public labs will be re-opened?
- Public mobile calling center efforts will be put to the community / mod team?
- Simon chatbot is gaining actual powers?
- Silver star oracle program?
Vending machine they tried already, maybe they are putting it back? Or getting more? Doesn't sound like a very "special" announcment to me.
People, people, people ... Based on how they were stoking their ... ego about national and independent retailers, it has to be retailer related. Not about pricing, deals, moderator response time, 90 day plan changes or anything like that. This announcement will not even be about more free ice cream. It is going to be retailer related. Due to the hype that nobody wants, they think it going to be a “big” or “major” announcement. And No @denis2 it is not going to be Canadian Tire related. My original guess was going to involve PC Mobile. PC Mobile was originally backed in terms of network by Telus and Bell. But Telus discontinued the postpaid service backing of PC Mobile back in October 2018 and moved customers to Koodo. With the move with Koodo and Bell now somewhat taking over or at least having more control over PC Mobile I doubt it will be PC Mobile network related. It might be that PC Mobile offers Public Mobile SIMs like they offer other networks plans in store. Come on @Alan_K just spit it out and tell us.