cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Special Announcement Revealed!

Thanks for letting us know, Alan.

One thing I'd definitely expect from these kiosks:  Unlike at Walmart, customers should definitely be able to get SIMS without being forced to activate in-store.

Oracle

I thought I would see price increasing coming hidden in the spoiler.  I suppose with the competing prepaid brands having stores, it is hard to compete effectively with online only.  Being able to work effectively with the current service model, I can't say that I am excited by this announcement.  On the less selfish side, I am happy to see Public Mobile expanding as this is testimony that the market likes the brand. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Camelia_M I don't understand...why the staff would not help the customers with problems??? They will not be trained in public mobile site and problems?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Intresting business decision. I hope they expand in Ontario in the future.

Also sadface that it's not an annouancement for current customers but still good for the overall brand of Public Mobile.

Own kiosk meaning under Public name but all corporate or franchised out?

Oracle

That's awesome. Hard to believe we now have this when we had nothing about 2 years ago. PM have done a great job to expand and create awareness of this brand. I can only hope for better things to come....

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

@FBR wrote:

Does this mean a staff at the kiosk can resolve a problem for a customer faster? Compared to using the moderator team here?

No support is still done via community.  Maybe they will offer a computer for customers to interact in the community when at the kiosk, or allow staff to teach customers on the community. 

If the kiosk staff is being paid wages from public mobile, I think it would make sense to give them power or admin rights to fix problems on the spot, rather than direct them to the community forums.

This is just my opinion.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So now there will be people who are not very tech literate seeing Public Mobile kiosks outside, thinking it’s something good, signing up for it. And then when they have a problem, they’ll be on their own, and they’ll have to waste a lot of time trying to figure out how all of this community thing works. You’re trying to “compete” with Chatr and Lucky, but you’re forgetting that they provide customer service over the phone for the same price. Public Mobile should just stay underground where only the people who know how things work would know about it.

They will not be on their own, the community is there, only on line instead og on hold, oups i mean on phone

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope the Kiosk staff will know the difference between activating in store or online. Or maybe the promos can read "Activate online OR at one of our NEW kiosks"

This is a good move - but if all they are doing is selling SIMS, I can see a lot of downtime.

I'm not sure this announcement required a 2 week teaser thread.