cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Special Announcement Revealed!

Yeah, a senior who rarely, if ever, uses a computer will love getting help from the community.

Mayor / Maire

Paying a mall spot rental at least 3 locations, having to hire a store manager, full time employee and part time employee (I can see this from the job postings), wsib, cpp, ei, holiday pay, etc just to be able to activate when we can already do it ourselves. As usual, a way to promote or increase business, good walk through traffic yes, but nothing to help the existing customers or solve any of the issues we can not already solve ourselves.

These kiosks will not provide any help outside of the initial activation which means they will take your money and at the first sign of trouble say "too bad, cant help you", tell you to go to the community forum then turn their back on you and start activating the next person in line, just like all the other retailers meanwhile the ones who are getting paid pennies per hour are getting hyped up about nothing while dealing with these angry customers watching the same problems not get fixed since launch.

TL;DR

Disappointed as finding coal in my stocking after mom said I was getting a special present this year.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you cant make everyone happy

If you’re happy just because there’ll now be another place where the only thing they do is basically sell you a SIM Card $10, I have no words. This Special Announcement is an abomination, especially after all that hype.

Oracle

@NDesai wrote:

That's awesome. Hard to believe we now have this when we had nothing about 2 years ago. PM have done a great job to expand and create awareness of this brand. I can only hope for better things to come....

Your dreams of promoting full speed LTE data plans won't be met with this expansion, not unless the competition goes that way. 

Oracle

@dararara wrote:

So now there will be people who are not very tech literate seeing Public Mobile kiosks outside, thinking it’s something good, signing up for it. And then when they have a problem, they’ll be on their own, and they’ll have to waste a lot of time trying to figure out how all of this community thing works. You’re trying to “compete” with Chatr and Lucky, but you’re forgetting that they provide customer service over the phone for the same price. Public Mobile should just stay underground where only the people who know how things work would know about it.

We have those people signing up now.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

Hi @Lieux,

While our store representatives will assist customers activating on Public Mobile, we will continue to offer customer support online. 

Why? Because we stand by our online support model as we believe it’s easier, faster and more convenient than traditional support models.

Having an online support model is one of the many ways we are able to pass savings on to our customers in the form of Rewards and dollars off their plan.

Also, we’ve been working tirelessly to improve and enhance our support model with many exciting changes rolling out this year, which we will start sharing very soon.

FBR

@RobertQc wrote:

Paying a mall spot rental at least 3 locations, having to hire a store manager, full time employee and part time employee (I can see this from the job postings), wsib, cpp, ei, holiday pay, etc just to be able to activate when we can already do it ourselves. As usual, a way to promote or increase business, good walk through traffic yes, but nothing to help the existing customers or solve any of the issues we can not already solve ourselves.

These kiosks will not provide any help outside of the initial activation which means they will take your money and at the first sign of trouble say "too bad, cant help you", tell you to go to the community forum then turn their back on you and start activating the next person in line, just like all the other retailers meanwhile the ones who are getting paid pennies per hour are getting hyped up about nothing while dealing with these angry customers watching the same problems not get fixed since launch.

TL;DR

Disappointed as finding coal in my stocking after mom said I was getting a special present this year.

My thoughts exactly as well. If PM is paying wages and leasing kiosk locations, might as well train and give staff the ability to fix problems.

Otherwise, I don't see any huge benefit of this move. -- imho

Why is everybody beeing so negative about this announcement, when we joined we knew that this was an online help platform, for one i am happy i dont have to deal with phone reps in who knows what country to solve my problems. This is what i chose to switch to and so far i am satisfied with the help i have gotten from all of you on line. So you did not get your pizza, get over it.Man Tongue

@Camelia_M Just wondering if this will increase the cost of our monthly plans because before it was LESS FOR LESS but now it will be different !!