cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

cgrebeld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks 

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

dernbiebs

This is what I thought too, however as I mentioned, just yesterday it said I had over 900 MB of data remaining on my add-on. When I check my usage for yesterday, it was only 80 MB. So I should have a little over 800 MB remaining on my account, something doesnt add up.

If the bonus data is not appearing then it means it has been used up.  Check you usage history.

dernbiebs

I have run out of data on my base plan, so I starting to use my free 1GB that I was given in August. Yesterday I checked my usage and it said I had used ~900 MB of my 1GB add-on. However today when I logged to my selfserve, it shows no record of my 1GB free add-on, and my data no longer works on my phone. My accounts appears as if the 1GB free add-on was never there to begin with. I checked to make sure my phone wasn't accidentally leaking data on a rogue download or something, thereby using up my 900MB, but I can confirm that I only used ~80MB yesterday. How do I get my data add-on back?

Darren187

Should just let the loyal customers keep the one group that you have given out on bonus js

The bonus data will remain in your account until it is depeleted.  Once your regular plan data is used up then the bonus data will be used.

@christinand no, the bonus is tied to the account, not the plan!  Just remember to click on change plan at next renewal so you don't lose the remaining money of the rest of this month 

christinand
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will i lose the 1gb bonus if i change my plan?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kaden did you mean to post something?  Your reply came up blank.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kaden

Stay Safe!

Thanks for the bonus. 

Kingo

Sounds good Smiley Happy

jennatruong2

WOW thank you so much!

alberniwife60
Re: Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Anybody else after sending a request to the Mods about not receiving the 1gb, then getting the the 1gb which I thank you, now get a message asking for all your personal information which I find strange

Yes I did find it odd, I just provided 3 pieces of the generic info they ask for.  Certainly not credit card numbers or other personal data.  

Willaug56

Anybody else after sending a request to the Mods about not receiving the 1gb, then getting the the 1gb which I thank you, now get a message asking for all your personal information which I find strange

Anonymous
Not applicable

@klwjones wrote:

00The 1 gig is nice I have no data onn my plan. Trouble is, how do I access it. I had a flip phone that could not use it so I switched my sim to a Samsung gallexy S3 but can't find out how to use or find the free data. can anyone help me find my data. keith

Of course turn on data mode.

You should see mention of it on your overview page under my data & add-ons. Then...

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Edit: ninja'd

@klwjones wrote:

00The 1 gig is nice I have no data onn my plan. Trouble is, how do I access it. I had a flip phone that could not use it so I switched my sim to a Samsung gallexy S3 but can't find out how to use or find the free data. can anyone help me find my data. keith

First Log into your self serve account and look under the add-on section. Make sure it shows the 1gig data.

Now on your phone you have to turn on mobile data.

Then try browsing the internet. It should work.

If it does not it may be your APN settings.

Check your APN settings on your phone 

It should be this.

APN Settings:

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

To see APN settings on your phone should be 

1. Tap Settings .
  2. Tap More settings .
  3. Tap Mobile networks .
  4. Tap Access Point Names .

klwjones

@Jonny5ive wrote:

I never got the add on. 

If you checked your self serve account and do not see anything under my addons.

And also confirmed eligibility as per below 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On

Then you will have to contact moderators to investigate.

Simon.JPG

Jonny5ive
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I never got the add on. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mac wrote:

I already did before posting this message I already filed complain to moderators but no reply yet.

Have you heard back since?

c70nut

You would have to contact the moderators, errors do happen.  William Shakespeare
“The course of true love never did run smooth.”

LOL

@mac wrote:

I appreciate this offer but I was charged 10 dollars extra after this promotion. I think it might be error in your system for this add on. It should be corrected otherwise how can we beleive you are "showing some love" to your customers

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mac wrote:

I already did before posting this message I already filed complain to moderators but no reply yet.

There has been many system issues last few days. Moderators are probably trying to catch up on backlog. Give it sometime , they will get back to you. When? I have no idea, a few been waiting 50+ hours for resolution of their issues.

If you like..you could take a screenshot of your transactions history... IMPORTANT black out your personal info....and post it here.. community members can take a look and try to figure out the charge.

mac

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mac wrote:

I appreciate this offer but I was charged 10 dollars extra after this promotion. I think it might be error in your system for this add on. It should be corrected otherwise how can we beleive you are "showing some love" to your customers

Log into your self serve account and underneath "Make a Payment" you will see "View payment history"

Review all your transactions and charges doubt the charge you're talking about had anything to do with 1gig. gift

mac

BrentKilboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got mine today fyi. Had no idea it was coming, just came to check the site to see why 🙂

@Jmac221990 wrote:

I’m just wondering why I haven’t received my 1 gb of data yet? 

If you qualified as per below and checked your self serve account and it's not under add on section. Then open a ticket for Moderators to investigate.

Eligibility criteria:

• If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.