cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 23 - 28 FLASH SALE [Extended to Oct 1]: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 23 to October 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by October 1 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by October 1 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

77 REPLIES 77

Ac56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sales are great but I cant get new activation going. Landline still works after 20 hours. I put in ticket but 48 hours is a long time to wait 

@jojopf99 

There's nothing stopping you from upgrading to a higher plan or activating a new account to get this promotion. Unless you activated with this promotion but you need a larger data plan but will lose the 2gb of promotional data by doing so then yea you can't upgrade.

jojopf99

How about letting existing customers to upgrade ? i want to but am not allowed 😞

pd154

Google translate works great. There are others but I think Google works best.

@mikemikhbor 

What does your transaction history show? Are carrying a balance in your account. Can you give us a screenshot of your transaction history. But don't show us any personal info just the transactions.

Is there nothing in your " my promotions" section on the right side of your overview page like the ones a couple of posts before yours?

Edit:

As customers we can't actually see in your account unless you show us.

mikemikhbor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not received any 2GB free data although I switched to public mobile and did everything needed as it was said and on top I was charged twice for this month to be able keep my phone activated . 
could anyone look into my account see what is going on please???

thanks 

@Vaun 

Well done. The CSA and you just set precedence. So no point in the rest of my advice. Just remember if you change plans you lose the bonus plan data. Happy saving!

Vaun

It says "Unlimited" now!

Screenshot_20210926-214433_(1).png

@Vaun 

Did you get the unlimited or 6 months?

@Vaun 

Wow mobile will often give you a free sim card if you ask and you activate in store. If you didn't get one I would complain to the manager that you got burned on your promo because the salesperson didnt mention that it was limited to 6 months only when activating in store and to top it off you didnt even get that but just a one time 2gb bonus data add on. (CSA can change that.) I would ask for a refund on your sim card.

Decide what you prefer monthly bonus data or the add on that will almost always stay on your account even if you change plans monthly bonus data is almost always lost when you change plans. The $40/5gb plan if you really need it but I have a better suggestion.... but I will read your latest post first.

Vaun

Man, y'know what? I think that's EXACTLY what happened and I fell for it...

1. No, but it's why I signed up at all, to be honest

2. Again, 3 is fine but I originally wanted the 5 total

3. See above

4. WOW! mobile boutique

5. A new number

• Edit: @darlicious Just got it fixed, thanks PM Customer Service! Rocky first impression (though not at all their fault, of course) but you have another satisfied customer!

@Vaun 

Ok you have two issues but here's the lowdown....

To get the unlimited 2gb of bonus monthly recurring plan data you had to activate your account yourself online. There's no getting around that.

Often a customer will get persuaded to activate "in-store" with the lure of a free sim card. But then they say you will still get the bonus but either you won't or as what is the case here (or was) in-store activations get the bonus for six months only. (1/6) would then be showing in your account.

But to further complicate matters it looks like you have been given a one time 2gb bonus data add on. This remains on your account supplementing your plan data (when it runs out before 30 days is up)rolling over each month until completely consumed.

1. Do you need 5gb of data?
  2. What's the least amount of data you can live with?
  3. What's the amount you would prefer to have without wasting any?
  4. What is the retailer kiosk that you used?
  5. Did you pick a new number or port one in?

Vaun

I actually signed up at a kiosk where I bought my SIM, and they did it online for me. We had some trouble getting the promo code to work, so she had to call someone to get the bonus on my account.

Yikes, did they give me the wrong promo by accident?

@darlicious yeah, it definitely looks like the second one...

@Vaun 

No it should say unlimited. Did you sign up online and enter 2GBBONUS as the promo code?:Or does the promo say it's a bonus data add on. Let me dig up a couple of examples for you. It should appear like the first pic not the second pic.

Screenshot_20210926-171535~2.pngScreenshot_20210926-171307~2.png

Vaun

Just signed up today because of this promo! Quick question though: The bonus data is recurring for as long as your plan is active, right? Under promotions, is it *supposed* to say "Current Plan Cycle: 1/1"?

Just because a Promo is not directly available to add to your existing plan doesn’t mean you don't have friends or relatives that may be waiting for the right deal. Those who work at getting referrals and other rewards here look forward to the better promos to recruit new referrals with. Nothing says “this is the one” better than telling your potential referral that it is a better deal than you yourself have!

AE_Collector 

@Anonymous 

So it seems.

@pd154 

Where else would pm announce things if not on their own website and community forum?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I think they were ranting about promos not for loyal customers so why mention it here where loyal customers are.

@pd154 

I don't understand your comment.

pd154

Why post in the Community folder if it's specifically NOT for loyal customers who would be the only ones in this forum?  I guess though if you want a friend to get a way better deal than you get ...

@darlicious wrote:

Well I don't know if Sara @LeePublic  is going to be the one or @Quigley to send us down under but all we need now is a pic of a donut shaped phone from @AE_Collector to complete a trip to the lounge. Any wagers on whether he can dig up that pic n post before we enter the abyss?

I can quite easily but since we are all still in the same place we started out at…. I won’t.

@CalvinW 

My wife and I are both existing customers and we get something every month with our rewards.

AE_Collector

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CalvinW Only about 3 months away, and we'll see what goodies PM offers! 😁

@CalvinW 

Just us regulars having a little fun and grammie's cinnamon sugar donuts and t-balls. Now I want a coffee......cappuccino anyone?

CalvinW

Still nothing for existing customers? 

@Anonymous 

Wait what? Are you answering that other thread with the guy wanting to upgrade to the $25 plan but worried about losing the 2gb?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote Xmas gift add-on..not recurring. It's why I don't like calling the gifts promos so as not to confuse with promos.

LeePublic

Anyway, let's get back to the 2 GB bonus deal!

LeePublic

@darlicious My grandma used to make "t-balls" in the deep fryer. Oh, I loved them rolled in cinnamon sugar. Yum! 😋

Well I don't know if Sara @LeePublic  is going to be the one or @Quigley to send us down under but all we need now is a pic of a donut shaped phone from @AE_Collector to complete a trip to the lounge. Any wagers on whether he can dig up that pic n post before we enter the abyss?

My grammie made the best donuts ever! That was always our mission on every trip to visit was to convince her to make donuts. Never made them myself but one of these days......

@Quigley wrote:

@darlicious  Does everything revolve around food for you? Or are you using those

We all need food as source of energy, correct? 😋 Nothing wrong talking about it but I still prefer dark chocolate vs doughnuts. And if you really need sugar in your body take natural one: honey, dates, etc. You cannot overeat those while processed food is like a drug,,, the more you eat it the more you want it...

Need Help? Let's chat.