Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rvalela2001 wrote:

My service is still disabled and nobody is helping me fix the issue. I am very stressed out cause this is my only line. Can someone please fix my phone? xxx-xxx-xxx my email xxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com 

If you haven't contacted the moderators, please click here .  Response time is between 1 to 48 hours.  For your privacy, please remove  personal details (phone and email address) from your post; click the three dots at the top right of your post, then click Edit Reply.

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (eastern time)

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

rvalela2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service is still disabled and nobody is helping me fix the issue. I am very stressed out cause this is my only line. Can someone please fix my phone? 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Marzipan wrote:
As for the request to bring back the call centre, no thanks. That will mean the rates go up for the rest of us. Preferably, those who want to talk to CSRs should migrate to another provider. This on-line management of accounts is what makes PM unique and keeps the bills lower for those of us who are internet savvy.

And, the call centre might have only made people feel better that the problem was being worked on, it wouldn’t have sped up the resolution at all.

I agree with you on this.  The call centre would have provided someone to listen to customer and for the customer to vent to, but it would not have sped up resolution any.  Also, when something like this happens, it could have quite possibly taken hours to get through to any such call centre.

lauriegoyeche
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in NL. My service wnet out yesterday and came back after I overpaid my PAD account but then my service went off again today. Tried turning my iphone4s off and on several times. took SIM in and out of pnone. consulted Community and tried Loosing my Phone waiting a few minutes and then Finding it Again. Nothing is working and it is now 6 hours without service. Seriously pissed. Laurie

@Marzipan wrote:
As for the request to bring back the call centre, no thanks. That will mean the rates go up for the rest of us. Preferably, those who want to talk to CSRs should migrate to another provider. This on-line management of accounts is what makes PM unique and keeps the bills lower for those of us who are internet savvy.

And, the call centre might have only made people feel better that the problem was being worked on, it wouldn’t have sped up the resolution at all.

Marzipan

@carolmorrison13 wrote:

dear  public mobile 

i understand that others have gotten credit for the glitch which shut down our phones as i have been with you for over 4 yrs i do i hope i get a credit of some kind for the issue that happened yesterday seeing as i have been with you a very long time i believe you should bring back your call center just because it would have been much easier then trying to locate info on the web site 

yours truly 

carol morrison 

Any credit you get should be the value of the days you were without service. I wish I got that when my internet is down but I understand that in life glitches are normal.

carolmorrison13

dear  public mobile 

i understand that others have gotten credit for the glitch which shut down our phones as i have been with you for over 4 yrs i do i hope i get a credit of some kind for the issue that happened yesterday seeing as i have been with you a very long time i believe you should bring back your call center just because it would have been much easier then trying to locate info on the web site 

yours truly 

carol morrison 

@Anonymous wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

Curious

What is crieria for effected accounts?

Specific plans or renew dates or?

@kav2001c 

I've been curious too. My conspiracy theory is that it's moving old legacy customers off the old legacy stuff by blocks of them. Another week...another block. Just a theory of course. 🙂

I doubt we will be told exactly what happened and which customer profiles were affected.  We have had widespread account impacts in the past and the information surrounding the event were similarly sparse.  That said, I can say this much based on personal experience.  I renewed my 2016 fall promo plan yesterday.  The renewal went through as expected.  I did not experience any service interruptions. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

Curious

@kav2001c 

I've been curious too. My conspiracy theory is that it's moving old legacy customers off the old legacy stuff by blocks of them. Another week...another block. Just a theory of course. 🙂

@kav2001c, @Anonymous
I too want to know. I am hoping there won't be any more new outages. I'd hate to lose service unexpectedly. Smiley Sad

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Judging by the posts here, it looks like the issue is still on-going.

For those without service, you need to notify @Moderator_Team (if you haven't done so already).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gilles2 wrote:

How do I contact a Moderator ?

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

Curious

@kav2001c 

Mrhahn1223

I still dont have service, I need my phone for work, please fix this asap

Gilles2

How do I contact a Moderator ?

@Denis3 wrote:

Hello, this message I sent today to moderator team , it is really unclear what was the real problem of Public mobile.

Following my previous messages I write you again , I am a public mobile customer since 2012, my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May  7,2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , unlimited Canada wide call, unlimited international text messages , on May 7,  2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Now the service is back but when I enter my account space it only appears that plan will switch for plan for 40$ per 30 days without any description, before the problem I could see the description  for 4.5 GB data , talk and texts ,etc.. , on May  7, 2019 plan should come into force, and situation is unacceptible, and it seems even more strange . According to customer protection I don't receive full and complete description for services for which I am going to pay, so I want to get full description in my account space and e-mail from Telus&Public Mobile management CEO confirming all the details and change of plan for 40$ for 4.5 GB, etc.  which should come into force on May 7 , 2019 

Besides that I would like to get information about source of the problem , also I am going to request from any related provincial and govermental offices to ask and represent  full detailed information about activities of your company , data protocols and system / software activities which I will be able to receive according to law as customer. 

Best regards

Hi @Denis3 

I don't believe it's an issue at this time, i have the same thing just like you and i expect to have 5g of data allowance once the change kicks in, in May weather or not it says in the decryption. It is not saying 2.5g so it's good enough. On the renewal day I will log in and if there is a problem i will come back to forum and read what other people did in this situation and proceed accordingly ( I'm assuming it will be contacting the mods) but to be honest i doubt there will be a problem at all. 

It looks like they are really busy now with some technical issue that is affecting lots of customers so i wouldn't try contacting them about anything since it doesn't seem to be an issue as of yet. 

And if there is a problem after all I'm sure they will resolve it

francine75011

30-day plans

Curious

francine75011

Have you tried writing to a Moderator?  They seem to be answering their messages now.  My service is back and I received a credit for this month.

Sriyani

My service still doesn’t work, and it’s more than 12 hours after 9PM. 

Gilles2

When will this problem be fixed ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gilles2 wrote:

My account is still suspended even though I am on auto-pay. Unable to make any calls and this is my only phone, this is not acceptable.  In case of emergency I would be stuck.  Fix this **bleep** problem now or I will switch to another carrier !!!

I sympathize and there are several threads here that have some suggestions but...

any cell phone regardless of plan or active or SIM inserted can dial and get connected to 911.

Gilles2

My account is still suspended even though I am on auto-pay. Unable to make any calls and this is my only phone, this is not acceptable.  In case of emergency I would be stuck.  Fix this **bleep** problem now or I will switch to another carrier !!!

@Marzipan wrote:

Go easy Denis3 (and others). Unless you think Public Mobile programmers are sitting around chuckling at customers' issues these threats and demands are not helpful. I bet they are working overtime to solve difficult issues.

Think of the situation staff are in as well as your own inconvenience.

I agree, they have had what 10 times, 25 or 50 times the normal traffic due to this glitch? Then some have said how many multiple ,essages they have sent. Then once they are back in service others have encouraged everyone else to message demanding compensation even though others might not even be back in service yet. 

For anyone who had worked in situations like this you know that the last thing anyone is going to do is give guesses as to when service will be Restored. Doing so just ensures that it won’t happen by the time quoted. Yet everyone on here demanding to know the impossible, when will service be restored?

Marzipan

@Denis3 wrote:

Hello, this message I sent today to moderator team , it is really unclear what was the real problem of Public mobile.

Following my previous messages I write you again , I am a public mobile customer since 2012, my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May  7,2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , unlimited Canada wide call, unlimited international text messages , on May 7,  2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Now the service is back but when I enter my account space it only appears that plan will switch for plan for 40$ per 30 days without any description, before the problem I could see the description  for 4.5 GB data , talk and texts ,etc.. , on May  7, 2019 plan should come into force, and situation is unacceptible, and it seems even more strange . According to customer protection I don't receive full and complete description for services for which I am going to pay, so I want to get full description in my account space and e-mail from Telus&Public Mobile management CEO confirming all the details and change of plan for 40$ for 4.5 GB, etc.  which should come into force on May 7 , 2019 

Besides that I would like to get information about source of the problem , also I am going to request from any related provincial and govermental offices to ask and represent  full detailed information about activities of your company , data protocols and system / software activities which I will be able to receive according to law as customer. 

Best regards

Go easy Denis3 (and others). Unless you think Public Mobile programmers are sitting around chuckling at customers' issues these threats and demands are not helpful. I bet they are working overtime to solve difficult issues.

Think of the situation staff are in as well as your own inconvenience.

@Denis3 wrote:

Best regards

I don’t really think you have a problem. I am future dated for a change to the $40/5GB on May 1. It just shows the change to $40 coming up, no other details.

alyssamochi

@Johnmichael2u wrote:

I hope so. Public Mobile is my only contact phone and I am disabled. 

Thank you

I am having a problem with Public Mobile. 

Its been 3 days since i message the Moderators but they never seemed to reply. How many messages do we need to send them privately for them to response?

Denis3

Best regards

carolmorrison13

thanks for fixing the issue with the service disconnect yesterday got mine back up around 11 pm last night 

thanks carol

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shalaprime wrote:

Good Morning,

I was one of the affected customers and the system forced me to pay a week early. my renewal date is for may 1st, and I was forced to make a payment yesteday to continue my service. how do we go about rectifying this, now that I am losing a week of service because I have paid a week early and my next renewal date is showing as May 22nd.

The only ones that can assist are the moderators

Contact them here - https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem they will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Shalaprime

Good Morning,

I was one of the affected customers and the system forced me to pay a week early. my renewal date is for may 1st, and I was forced to make a payment yesteday to continue my service. how do we go about rectifying this, now that I am losing a week of service because I have paid a week early and my next renewal date is showing as May 22nd.

Need Help? Let's chat.