Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Service Impacts

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Update: March 8 | 11:00AM

Everything has been resolved and service has been restored for everyone impacted. As mentioned, we will be reaching out to those who were impacted as soon as we've identified everyone. 

Thank you for your patience.

------

Please be advised we are dealing with an isolated technical issue that is impacting calling for a select group of customers. Please note: emergency services are not impacted. We are actively working to resolve this issue and will have service restored as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will reach out directly to impacted customers, as well as continue to keep you updated through this thread.

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team 
130 REPLIES 130

lucasyvas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Somebody must have fixed it for me or it finally figured itself out. Had the same problem as some of you where I could text and use data but it said I needed to pay up and my account wasn't active (even though it always said active online). I've always been on autopay so I'm not sure where it took a dump.

4blade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went and put a 1 in front of all the numbers in my contacts,not fun!

aander006

Thank you.  Hopefully this can be resolved soon!  I have opened a ticket as well.

A

@aander006 Thanks for confirming! I passed on this context to our agent team to take a closer look. We’re in off hours, 6:19am ET. We’ll have more assistance closer to 9am ET

aander006

Yes, tried that multiple times.  Reinserted my SIM card and even put it in another phone and had the same issue.  My wife is on Public Mobile as well with exactly the same phone (iPhone SE 2nd Gen) and is not having any issues.

A

@aander006 @Gracie64 

Sorry you are still experiencing issues. We’ll look into what’s going on. In the meantime, have you tried powering off and on? You can also try reinserting your SIM. 

Thanks,

J

aander006

Experiencing the same condition as Gracie 64.  Was unable to make calls yesterday and experiencing issues for several days.  Now getting a message that I don't have an "active" plan on my account.  Checked my account page and it shows as active with the regular payment made (am on autopay).

Gracie64

It is NOT resolved - it is almost 1 a.m. on March 4 and I am still not able to make or receive calls and the message I get AND the message that people who are trying to call me get is that a payment must be made to "activate" my account so I logged into my credit card account and there IS a charge on my card from PM for the usual monthly amount, so what gives?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not resolved. My wife’s calling still isn’t working

bucka

My number is out saying there is no active plan and no payment made. It’s on autopay and says the payment isn’t due until tomorrow!?  I have no service and need this fixed. 

MCJ

I have learned a valuable lesson today. Even if you have a ticket opened, always go back to the main community board. The agent was quick to reply to my messages, but I now see there was an announcement made which would have saved me some frustration. Over 24 hrs later, my voice service is back. 

Tundra21

Can we you send txts? 

lucasyvas

Still out - opened a ticket

Tundra21

Screenshot_20230304-003207.png

 can send txts, calls it's telling me I do not have an active plan 

@Tundra21   can you try couple things:

1. Click Reset all network

2. put the PM sim card in another phone.  This would force a sim/account reprovision and it could resolve the issue

If they both didn't help, open ticket with PM support and they will refresh your account account on the system:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Tundra21

So as of two minutes ago I can send a text , try and make a call and it's telling I do not have an active plan. I have auto pay, my wifi is off so it's not wifi text. Very confusing 

@PublicMgr_Alex- Just absolutely wonderful updates and play by play on this. It would be awesome if we could always get these kinds of updates and feedback over all the issues that come up around here.

I'll certainly be tagging you in if I believe a trend of a problem seems to be rising. Not every little customer glitch (of which there are many)...repeating trends. Although one could also say that all the usual glitches around here are continuing trends. 🙂

Like re-purchasing the same roaming add-on when the first one has expired and no longer functions and the counter has reached 0/15...for starters.

Or the payment system.

Or the awful data caching the system does leading customers astray with false information.

Thank you.

@PublicMgr_Alex wrote:

Update: those with VoLTE compatible devices are impacted. A fix is in progress and should be completed by 12 AM EST. I will provide an update if not. We will be contacting impacted customers as soon as service is restored. 

Interesting... so if it was VoLTE related, I wonder if I wasn't impacted because i had this setting disabled on my Android phone, so the issue never had a chance of affecting my calls? I wonder if I would have been impacted if this was on... This is android 8.1, and I understand newer phones/Android versions and iPhones no longer let you select enabling/disabling of VoLTE:

Screenshot_20230303-223039.png

I have data no service 

@Tundra21   

you meant you have data but no VOICE service?

Do you have another phone you can test your PM sim?  By putting your sim in another phone, it will force the sim to reprovision and it could resolve the issue

Tundra21

I've done already as well, I have data no service 

@Tundra21   

While you are waiting for PM's reply, Try to click "Reset all networks" and see if it works after

Tundra21

I've done it all, restart, submitted a ticket still no service 

@Tundra21   reboot your phone once

if it still does not work, please open a ticket with PM support:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Tundra21

My service is still down, sault Ste Marie Ontario.

Thanks for all the updates, Alex! Good job!

Hey there,

Perhaps try a reboot (the old turn it off and on again :)) 

If that doesn't work, you may be facing another issue, in which case, it may be beneficial to search our help content - usually this helps resolve things.

HTrang

nice

@PublicMgr_Alex   Perfect and thanks!!!

Thank you!! Everything is fixed, however, we will be in contact with those who were impacted (past tense). I've corrected my message. Appreciate it.

thanks @PublicMgr_Alex 

you said

Everything has been resolved and service has been restored for everyone impacted.

but you also said

we will be reaching out to those impacted tomorrow.

Do you meant there are still people impacted and not fixed?

Need Help? Let's chat.