Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Service Impacts

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Update: March 8 | 11:00AM

Everything has been resolved and service has been restored for everyone impacted. As mentioned, we will be reaching out to those who were impacted as soon as we've identified everyone. 

Thank you for your patience.

------

Please be advised we are dealing with an isolated technical issue that is impacting calling for a select group of customers. Please note: emergency services are not impacted. We are actively working to resolve this issue and will have service restored as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will reach out directly to impacted customers, as well as continue to keep you updated through this thread.

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team 
130 REPLIES 130

Hello,

We are reaching out to the impacted customers directly.

Thank you

ZestyCheese
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I trust that a credit will be made available once the issue is resolved?  Not happy paying for phone service I can't use.

@J_PM wrote:

@dust2dust We do our best to ensure we've investigated the open issue thoroughly, to ensure our updates are verified by our service teams, and resolution is underway.

I've just scrolled back in the post list, and the earliest posts I could find that mention symptoms that point to this issue are from Wednesday afternoon. That's 40+ hours (depending where you are). We have reports from yesterday afternoon from people that got helped by some technician (escalated by a CSA, I assume) 24+ hours ago.

This announcement is 24 - 40ish hours late. 

People are understanding that a resolution has not been found yet. Just the acknowledgement that there seems to be something going on and that you working on it to get affected customers back on the line asap and that you'll update this thread with new findings... It would have gone a long way.

Edited to add: I get hit by the survey pop-up here quite often, some days several times a day, and there are websites that routinely flash pop-ups to entice you to sign up for their newsletter... If the forum software allows you to do so, a pop-up would be the most efficient way to let people know about issues? (I'm not an IP pro, it's only a question.)

Edit to the edit: Sorry @dust2dust I overlooked that you had already suggested the same thing!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have to agree in general with you, the way things are handled here doesn't look great for the Telus group of brands when that happens to customers, there's a long way to go to improve.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to make or receive calls, and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause and resolve this issue as quickly as possible to restore full service.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated through this thread.

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team 

@J_PM , are you pinning this post for everyone to see to help avoid many more posts from customers about their phone services not working? This way they will know it’s being worked on. Many of us have complained about it repeatedly asking for help in the community forum & in turn some have blamed other customers saying it’s their device not a Public Mobile issue! Some CA_Agents have done the same. I know myself its been an ongoing issue which I wasn’t always aware of missing many important calls from Physicians!
Personally I hate contacting CS_Agents due to so many have refused to help/won’t even try or don't know what they’re doing! The constant fight for help is not worth it for me especially when I’m not being heard! It’s very stressful & severely affects my poor health. When I express that I am told Public Mobile is not for me then! How is that an answer to give paying Customers? Wanting/pushing Customers to leave?

Sorry, had to vent!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree that there needs to be a notification banner at the top of forums when outages like this have been confirmed so the forums aren't flooded with the same issue, other communities issue such a notice alert when there are issues, it would go a long way.

@dust2dust We do our best to ensure we've investigated the open issue thoroughly, to ensure our updates are verified by our service teams, and resolution is underway.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

A little slow on the acknowledgment. Is there any reason why you cant flash a pop-up when coming into any part of the site from anywhere? That way the community doesn't continue to get flooded with a million threads asking the same thing.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for posting and updating the Community @J_PM .

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  Thanks for the update 

Need Help? Let's chat.