cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] System issue expired select customers' services

Bryan_N
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

Yesterday we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and enabled service to resume for those affected. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS if any additional action is required.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

- Public Mobile Community team

155 REPLIES 155

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Melcam wrote:

I paid my bill again today so I would have service. I also had to pay in April 11. I am on a 30 day plan. Will my account be credited?

Private message the moderators to request the adjustment on your account. Obviously they are slammed with work, so please be patient on them getting back to you.

Message to the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd contact the moderstie team regarding your issue.

Melcam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid my bill again today so I would have service. I also had to pay in April 11. I am on a 30 day plan. Will my account be credited?

Benns

Send a message right away and explain your situation perhaps they can get the problem resolved more quickly 

Lzakrajsek

I am disabled and live on my own and this is only way I can talk to my elderly parents.  

Holy crap.  I'm freakin out.  

Benns

Hi that's exactly what happened to my boys you need to send a private message to the moderator and include the 4 digit pin number you got when you signed up- they will fix the problem but in my case it took a week so be patient 

Lzakrajsek

@CS_Agent 

I just went to use my phone and I have no service.  It says my plan has expired and yet it is up to date with my phone plan not expiring til May 15, 2019.  Please let me know what is happening.  I phone my Mom everyday at this time to make sure she is okay.  

Thank you  

Lisa

Matthewb123

Thanks.

@Matthewb123 wrote:

what is the 4 digit # they keep asking me for?  

It’s your PIN. You choose it during your activation. You received it again by mail or text after the activation.

Matthewb123

having the same issue very frusterating.

Matthewb123

what is the 4 digit # they keep asking me for?  

Benns

Just keep sending private messages I sent 4 and it took over a week to get them all the information they needed but once they got working on it , it only took a day 

Matthewb123

I was charged $13 dollars on my credit card and my son's phone is still not working. Why is this taking so long to correct. It's been a week and I have gotten no answer. 

Nellie

Benns

Just wanted to let you know that Oana at public mobile resolved the issue with both my sons' phones- they are working great again 

Thanks Oana 

D_T

I got the usual text saying my $2.00 credit was applied for being set up for auto pay they always send before they take the payment. But no payment taken. That was the only SMS message.

D_T

My service was discontinued because Public Mobile didn't even attempt to take the payment. Credit card comes right out of my account. Both credit card and bank confirm. What happened there? My plan wasn't being '''renewed".  Missed very important texts, etc. not knowing I had no service.

Benns

Unfortunately I am still trying to resolve it. My 2 son's have not had service for a week .The moderators have contacted me but I can't keep talking to the same one. So they ask for information and I just got reply but im not sure if they get my response, as then I hear nothing so i sent another message just now to them.my kids have loved public mobile but now that there is a problem , all this going back and fourth , i might be too old for this -i think they might have to go back on a plan with a person i can call

If it gets resolved I will post it

Benns

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the update on this, was definitely seeing a bunch of posts in the forum about this.  We all assumed it was some form of glitch, but I'm sure a lot of people were panicking.  I think for future, maybe get ahead of this and post something earlier on advising everyone there is an active glitch and that the issue is being looked at.  An early message can at least get those affected a little bit of relief or guidance as to what is happening, as opposed to going crazy on the forum.  Sending the message while the issues are happening is helpful, and then this aftermath message to close things out.  Just my thoughts on this.

Dylan3

Thanks for telling us about this

momof4

My account still isn't working.. autopay came out of bank on the 12th (wasn't supposed to autopay until the 13th), which is fine, but the phone /account still not working

@Rick_Frenette wrote:

Account says expired, I have $28 in my account, I'm signed up to autopay, my account was paid April 12, I did not get an SMS message that my account was affected and my phone is still not working. How do I get it fixed?

Message to the moderator...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rick_Frenette

Account says expired, I have $28 in my account, I'm signed up to autopay, my account was paid April 12, I did not get an SMS message that my account was affected and my phone is still not working. How do I get it fixed?

Benns

Thanks for the information , I will just wait then and hopefully the problem gets resolved 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Benns wrote:

Hi I have sent 3 messages to the moderators and the phones still arent working, do they work on the weekends?

Thanks 

@Benns 

Yes, they work on weekends.

Moderator working hours:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Benns

Hi I have sent 3 messages to the moderators and the phones still arent working, do they work on the weekends?

Thanks 

Pizzaeh

@TTDD wrote:

hello,

i just came back to Canada this afternoon and fund my PM is not working. I have setup Auto-pay. Can somebody help?

thanks,

Grace

Hi @TTDD , when you log into your self-serve account, what is the Account Status?

When you click View Payment History, do you see the plan charges?

You can try the lost/stolen 'trick':

Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab.
Click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab.
Click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your account and wait several minutes.
Log back into your account and report that your phone has been found.

If that doesn't work, you contact the moderators by clicking here.  In the private message to the moderator, include your Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, email address, and an explanation of your problem.  Response time is between 1 hour to 48 hours.

TTDD

hello,

i just came back to Canada this afternoon and fund my PM is not working. I have setup Auto-pay. Can somebody help?

thanks,

Grace

Pizzaeh

@Matthewb123 wrote:

my son's can't call or text. Has this issue been corrected?

According to the first post, the issue has been fixed.  However, if it is still not working for your son's phones, you should contact the moderators here and explain the situation.  In the private message to the moderators, include their PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email addresses, and a detailed explanation of the problem.

Matthewb123

Still effected.

Need Help? Let's chat.