cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] System issue expired select customers' services

Bryan_N
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

Yesterday we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and enabled service to resume for those affected. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS if any additional action is required.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

- Public Mobile Community team

155 REPLIES 155

No

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. Manual payments from a credit card on file or using vouchers. These kinds of system problems are not a common occurrence.

Problems of this nature maybe uncommon but the standard should be once is one too many. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@No wrote:

Totally unacceptable level of service to cut off connection without just cause. Hope PM takes this failure seriously and not just rely on customers to take a hit.

Does keeping a top up balance equal to next payment due provide insurance that my service will not be cut off?

Yes. Manual payments from a credit card on file or using vouchers. These kinds of system problems are not a common occurrence.

No

Totally unacceptable level of service to cut off connection without just cause. Hope PM takes this failure seriously and not just rely on customers to take a hit.

Does keeping a top up balance equal to next payment due provide insurance that my service will not be cut off?

neskovski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

Glad to hear you found the problem. Unfortunately,  my phone still has no service after 2 days. I cannot send or recieve text messages or send or recieve calls. I get the message "you do not have a call plan" I log into my account and everything looks perfectly fine. I am still registered for auto pay, the amount was suppose to come out of my account this morning at 2 am and still no charge yet. 

I look forward to hearing from you in response to my continued issue.

circle

I think they solved most of problem in system, if anyone still has issues should send private message to MOD. They will look into it and help

rutledh

Help, system not resolved for everyone

My message;

Your service is currently suspended due to insufficient funds.
Available Funds: $10.00
Estimated amount due: $0.00
The amount due is based on your current Rate Plan

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats good that its fixed

circle

I got same problem. MOD help me to fix it and add referred back to my friend.  Sent private message to MOD they will help

bruce_pm

I'm not sure the plan for sending affected customers a text is a good idea if their problem is they can't receive texts.

@miniQ wrote:

My service is still down and has been for over 24 hours.

I'm on Autopay and had changed to a new plan last week, and it hasn't gotten through.

Plus my friend who referred me has been notified that I have not paid and therefore they won't get the rewards!!

Don't worry.. but write a message to the moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and let them know.

miniQ

My service is still down and has been for over 24 hours.

I'm on Autopay and had changed to a new plan last week, and it hasn't gotten through.

Plus my friend who referred me has been notified that I have not paid and therefore they won't get the rewards!!

coreenaroger

thx

@coreenaroger wrote:

Hello,

i was a customer impacted by yesterday's issue. I paid my account via CC and now it seems I do not have data for which I have paid for.

Is there someone that can look into this 

Thanks

You could reach out to the moderator team via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

coreenaroger

Hello,

i was a customer impacted by yesterday's issue. I paid my account via CC and now it seems I do not have data for which I have paid for.

Is there someone that can look into this 

Thanks

rutledh

Phone was not working this morning, auto pay didnt go through still not working problem not fixed.

adil2

rien n est resolu

rutledh

Still have no service, not fixed yet

bruce_pm

My account was affected...it is now active...but service has not been restored. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Our technical team has investigated the issue and enabled service to resume for those affected"....because my service hasn't resumed, and 3 moderators haven't solved it in 24 hours.

adil2

moi mon service est toujours interrompu. quesque je devrai faire?

circle

Mine still showed plan expired and autopay didn't go through. I already contact mod but no reply

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wonderful to see that this issue has been resolved. However, as @Anonymous noted, based on the flood of messages over the past 24 hours, it would have been helpful to post a short announcement that moderators are aware of the issue and it is being investigated.

Can we assume that the other issue regarding text messages sent that payment will be deducted on April 11th was also done in error and has been resolved? @Bryan_N ?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Glad to hear this has been fixed.

marinier

Mine is still not working and I dm but no reply since yesterday

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Osrwu wrote:

No, it says my plan has expired. I will contact a mod though and see what I can do. Thanks

Do you have autopay set up?

Do you have enough in your Available Funds to cover your plan cost?

Do you have a credit card registered on file?

You can do manual payments from that credit card. You can enter vouchers in to make payments as well. Lots of options to re-enable the service.

Osrwu

No, it says my plan has expired. I will contact a mod though and see what I can do. Thanks

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Osrwu wrote:

Hi there, my account was active yesterday but is not active today. What should I do to get my account looked at?

In your account is it still showing as active?

If it is and it looks good, perhaps contact a moderator at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Osrwu

Hi there, my account was active yesterday but is not active today. What should I do to get my account looked at?

VMAX

As before, it took way too long to detect and to resolve this issue. Even longer to communicate clearly. Public Mobile customers were without service for many hours. Another failure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bryan_N 

Thanks for the after-the-fact concluding update.

It would be more useful to put some kind of pop-up overlay or something on site entry (publicmobile.ca) to let people know that you know there's a problem. Then maybe after that an estimated time of resolution. Then after that, what, if anything, people would need to do. Then, finally, this post.

That way there isn't this flood of posts asking and reporting the same thing from everybody affected.

peetee1974

Still not resolved here. Autopay didn't go through. Sent PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.