Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

AngH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't worry, they won't force you to switch, it's your decision

AngH

They aren't auto switching anyone, the email was sent by mistake and changing to the points system is optional

RJR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just got such an email.  Glad you intend to correct the error.  Why is this still happening after over 7 hours?  I did not apply for the change.

@pepsi2u wrote:

I do not want to sign up for the new points program. I want to stay with my plan as before... but I just received an email stating I AM signed up for the new program. How did this happen and how do I undo it?

The new points program has not started yet and nobody has been signed up to it. This e-mail was sent out by mistake.  Based on the details that I've seen, some may not want to swtich to it.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pepsi2u 

the email was sent in error and you can ignore it. You will not be in the new program unless you specifically ask to be.

pepsi2u
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not want to sign up for the new points program. I want to stay with my plan as before... but I just received an email stating I AM signed up for the new program. How did this happen and how do I undo it?

Vimalkumar

Thanks. 

0PX9O4

@Gilnockie 

The email was sent in error and a correction has already been sent out. The rewards points will be opt-in in the future.

HI @Gilnockie   NO worry, it was just sent out by mistake.  You are still on the old reward system

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Gilnockie

Hi, I received an email that all of my discounts will be eliminated??? If this is the case, I will be canceling my Public Mobile and trying something new. Cannot believe they would just spring this on people!!!!!!

timchoy711

Thanks for confirming as I don’t want to switch. It gets me worried for a while. Thanks.

Tim

LeePublic

Vimalkumar

Hi, I have got email about public points?

I did login in my account  I can't see anywhere public  point details  in my account 

Raysydney

Got the email too, before I finished reading, it had disappeared. 

Found a lot in community which I just joined

raysydney

elak

was it even legit? I was prompted to log in and the weblink did not work. 

I clicked on the Rewards tab on the regular/ usual Public Mobile site and there was no info. 

HI @KamWest   Yes, there is still no details with the plan yet.  But it looks like it will be live this week.  So, we will know if it is better or worse very very soon

sunflowergarden

Haha lol, as I said in my posts about the Christmas bonus screw up.

I have many years of senior marketing executive experience. Hire me, these mistakes and poorly executed promos/marketing communications are just amateurish. mistakes. 

Oh well...PM ...shrugges shoulders

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just got the email too and was on my way here to complain

If they take away my auto pay a years worth of loyalty then I leave for fido.

I will bet bottom dollars moving forward that in the future if we change plans we lose and will be switched automatically anyways. New loyalty programs are never for the better, in the end they always cost the consumer more.

Every credit card company is now using a complex point system so we dont know what we are actually getting. Under the old program a dollar is a dollar. You get the discount for auto pay and loyalty, you know where you stand. I have 5 lines and do not care one bit about a new point system, nor do I want any part of it.

@Lulupynn wrote:

I am an existing customer and the email I was sent said I'd have the option of switching but I was automatically switched and I dont want too 

How can I change back?

@Lulupynn  - see the annoucement made about the error, for your reference: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

HI @Lulupynn   No worry, you are still with us on the old reward system.  It was sent out by mistake 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

0PX9O4

You're very welcome @sunflowergarden !

Yes, I too hope that they would stop screwing up. But they haven't in the last 7 or so years at least, so I'm not holding my breath...

sunflowergarden

Thanks so much for the super quick reply...Yeh another PM marketing screw up. These guys just can't seem to do the simplest things...

0PX9O4

@Lulupynn 

The email was sent in error, and you should be getting a correction email soon if you haven't already.

Lulupynn

I am an existing customer and the email I was sent said I'd have the option of switching but I was automatically switched and I dont want too 

How can I change back?

sunflowergarden

Thanks for the update, I have not got the follow up email yet. Wish they would stop screwing up. It's getting frustrating..

Really appreciate the quick reply 😁👍

0PX9O4

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunflowergarden : Many people have. Yes, it's just a tech screw-up. Seems the IT team around here are a little green.

Yes and methinks their slips need to be a little pink.

pkaraa

Yes, This program for points instead of rewards. There is another thread for that with little more info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunflowergarden : Many people have. Yes, it's just a tech screw-up. Seems the IT team around here are a little green.

0PX9O4

@sunflowergarden 

It is indeed a tech screw-up, and another email already went out saying so. Here's a post to the same effect: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

sunflowergarden

Hey everyone a question and a heads up.

I just got a marketing e-mail from PM saying thank you for joining the new PM rewards program.

Now I have not signed up or clicked on any links to trigger this change.

I am hoping it's just a tech screw up. My account still shows the old rewards program.

Has anyone else got this weird welcome email?

I have opened a ticket to ask what the hell is going on. 

I'll update you all when I have an answer or update from PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.