cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PARTIAL RESOLUTION - FULL FIX IN PROGRESS] Dropped Calls

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 3:00PM ET 19/06/2024]: A solution for this issue was successfully implemented earlier this morning that should have resolved this issue for most customers. We understand some customers are still experiencing issues, and the team is working diligently to diagnose and resolve.

Hello Community,

We are aware that some of our subscribers are experiencing intermittent wireless service. We want you to know that our team is actively investigating this issue and is working around the clock to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of staying connected and we will make every effort to keep you, the Community, informed of our progress. We thank you for your patience and we appreciate your understanding during this time. Please continue to check this Community post for the latest updates.

- The Public Mobile Team

183 REPLIES 183

rs97ap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just had a drop call at exactly 11 minutes. I guess it's better than before - where it used to drop exactly at 3 mins 😄

rs97ap

No - this is clearly their backend issue that they need to identify and fix. 
I came to PM from Telus and Telus also had call-drop issues (though it wasn't as bad as PM now). It is likely their implementation of full 5G and how the call gets handled on VoLTE

acinyyc

I would say no, I manually set my phone to LTE and have the dropped calls and line is not in service message

kjames2001

Is it possible that the issue is related to the ongoing switch to 5G and availability of towers / traffic through the towers / age of towers in smaller communities? Like overloading of a server?  

Colbydog

Well, there is a bit of progress. However I am still getting dropped calls, except now they drop at exactly 51 minutes and not at 29 minutes like before. Hopefully they can beaver away at it over the next day or so and fully resolve.

mixxim10

Well it didn't i had a dropped call at 5:40pm

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not Fixed! I just had my call drop at exactly 33min again. Then again at 21min55s. That's the first time it hasn't been an exact factor of 3. Also, the person calling said they got a message saying my number is "not in service". Called back and it went through on second try. Looking forward to the actual fix!

Steve5439

Calls still dropping as of an hour ago.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mixxim10 

PM has the ability to give you compensation for service issues. I received a $10 credit a few weeks back for dropped calls and slow mobile data. It is all up to the agent or tech support's discretion. 

If they refuse, submit a complaint to CCTS.  You have an official PM announcement admitting there is something wrong with network. Take a couple of screenshots of your dropped calls and let CCTS and PM hash it out. You should not be paying full price if you are not getting full service.

$10 is not a not a lot, but it is better than nothing.

1000005520.png

PJNadler

Still dropping calls here.

3 months now.

mixxim10

I'm so tired of dropped calls - i have asked for compensation or goodwill credit to my account - which they can not do???  because I am not continuously complaining to CS_Agents - they told me they reset my account, however, my account was good for about a week.   It's amazing drop calls happen on the most important calls!

EdN

"wifi calling might have been affected as well". 

As you don't know the exact cause of the problem or whether Wi-Fi would be affected why don't you just work with us here? 

You're an Oracle, whisper in some ears.

Have Public Mobile provide Wi-Fi calling and then the customers can find out for themselves whether Wi-Fi calling does or doesn't work in the dropped call issue.

Thanks 👍🏻 

maurelle

@fixin1 wrote:

@Nick271 - Probably Not, like it wasn't a full blown outage like rogers in 2022.

And that is what you are getting into, no hotline. Go to TELUS or Koodo or other carriers to get the premium features. It is a basic provider - usually made for the more tech savvy people or kids.

And plus, TELUS just increased their profit.

This is not about people not being tech savvy - this is a persistent technical problem on PM's side. The original post was finally acknowledging as much. But marking it as solved this morning was premature, also acknowledged now.

This also not a "bad connection" issue - as mentioned above, we've done everything on the phone side, are 400 yards in sight line of a main tower with full bars. Calls are dropping left, right and center.

It should not take four months to acknowlege, let alone fix, a widespread problem that can potetially pose a safety / health risk if someone is in distress and their PM line is what they rely on for getting help.

congtubot

I am in Regina, Saskatchewan and have experienced dropped call issues almost every day. I have outstanding ticket opened with technical support but so far the problem still persists. My location is very close to a SaskTel/Bell/Telus tower and I always get 5-bar signal so it's not a matter of weak signal. Previously I also got dropped calls but usually only for long calls (more than 30 mins) but only intermittently but now it's almost every call which is very frustrating especially when I am in a business call and the other party thought I hung up on them.

Amped

Would that actually fix anything though if the call still has to route through Public Mobile?

@EdN wrote:

Public Mobile should provide us with WiFi calling so that this sort of thing has less impact on its customers

Depending on the causes of tehse isseus, Wi-Fi calling might have been affected as well.

EdN

Public Mobile should provide us with WiFi calling so that this sort of thing has less impact on its customers

Nick271

Hey buddy, I'm not talking about features. Simple calls were dropped every day. You have no foot to respond to me. Let Telus provide me an answer. I paid for service and I didn't receive service or even an answer. So please keep your comments to your self as you provided an opinion that was not needed. So much for customer service. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nick271 - Probably Not, like it wasn't a full blown outage like rogers in 2022.

And that is what you are getting into, no hotline. Go to TELUS or Koodo or other carriers to get the premium features. It is a basic provider - usually made for the more tech savvy people or kids.

And plus, TELUS just increased their profit.

Nick271

what about a credit voucher for all the inconvenience caused by our carrier.  It should be automatically issued to everyone as this dropped calls happened to everyone.  It's just most don't use our app and forums to complain as it's too much work. If you had customer service number your lines would be full trying to deal with the problem.  Please think about this carefully as this usually leads to loss of customers.

Amped

So not only did they fail to fix it, they actually made it worse?  🤦

Amped

Saying it's fixed tells me that they don't have a clue what is going on!  In other words, they don't know what the problem is yet...

PBForMe1

How is this solved if calls are still dropping? Was this just a PR exercise? I just saw my girlfriend on her phone drop twice in 20 minutes while talking to her family. 

acinyyc

@Ck_PM 

This is not solved, please adjust the title and continue to treat this as priority. I’m kicking myself for joining PM right now

rs97ap

Not sure what exactly was fixed but I am still experiencing dropped calls. On top of dropped calls - looks like now I am getting calls that are getting missed without any ring!

Great job! 👍

maurelle

Yeah, sorry, not solved at all.

Did all the device trouble shooting again (ie restart phone, remove and reinsert the SIM etc), have full bars, and technically stay on VoLTE, on an up-to-date Pixel 6a (which works perfectly on Freedom, Lucky and Fido). Calls still drop.

Now that we're paying full plan cost there is zero excuse for having to put up with inferior service. Will port out the last lines at the earliest convenience.

Amped

My call dropped at 6 minutes 39 seconds.

acinyyc

tried calling my number and got a line is not in service message, called back again and it went through

Then did a test call and it dropped at exactly 6:01 on the call timer

issues are still present 

TheFizz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately my calls are still dropping.

Need Help? Let's chat.