Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ongoing Issue (for SIMS purchased prior to 5/17/2023)] Delayed SIM Card Orders

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you are experiencing delays with your SIM Card orders. Our teams are actively investigating and working diligently to ship all delayed orders as quickly as possible.

New SIM orders are unaffected and will be shipped within the usual timeframe.

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

55 REPLIES 55

Korangi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased $5 SIM card in second of May and received recently by Canada Post 

Pippi1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Were they handing out free Sim cards?

Korangi

I ordered May 2nd and haven’t received it yet. I created a ticket and after submitting the documents, they refunded what I paid in store.  
The agent was very cooperative. 

Arand

@CS_Agent  I tried to submit an online ticket but wasn't able to. I ordered on May 3. My order # is 342703. I haven't received my SIM card.

S_Govenlock

Just when I thought this couldn't get any more ridiculous! I had created a Community Account under the username StevenGovenlock did file a ticket.  I go to log in tonight to follow up and I can no longer login into that account! I had to create a whole new account just to create another ticket about SIM Cards that have still never shown. And I was told by a CS Agent to go buy some, take a photo and I would get credit - well guess what - can't buy them at Telus store, and even if I did I can't reply to that trouble ticket! Just insane - what a dog's breakfast.

Mcole

Hi! I am trying to order a new plan as a new customer and after i pick the plan it said error (xxxx) ? I have cleared cokkies etc

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

If you require a SIM Card immediately, you can repurchase one through PM.ca, pick up at select locations or purchase eSIM instantly (if compatible) through the app. Please save a picture of your replacement SIM receipt to submit a ticket to our team. 

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

@Rmaclise   again, sim card can take as many as 3 weeks to deliver

But since it has been open 10 business days, please message support with your order number and ask for status update:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Rmaclise

I ordered my SIM card on May 6 and still haven’t received. Also can’t log into my account to chat with someone to help. What a nightmare. 

justintonylewis

I don't have access to my account for some reason also. 

@justintonylewis 

Sim card delivery from PM online could be as many as 3 weeks.  So, you should receive it this week 

However, since it has been over 10 business days, you can open ticket with PM support to confirm if they got the order and if the sim card is on the way

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Sim card order", then click "Contact Us",  then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

justintonylewis

Hello, I ordered my SIM card on May 11th and I still haven't received it. 

@GroovyEye Amazon can ship it in 2 days with tracking.  Check to see if PM will reimburse the extra cost ordering from there

GroovyEye

That is not an option for me. I am at home on sick leave without a car. Sometimes people order online for a reason.

@paba wrote:

My Order 340892 same thing 21 April 2023 and no SIM card received. I still waiting, and it was 2 SIM for two new friend that want to switch to Public Mobile.

@paba , have you submitted a support ticket to inquire about the missing SIM Cards?

@softech wrote:

@GroovyEye you can also ask them to allow you to purchase in person from local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik and have them to reimburse you the cost

@softech , I made the same suggestion on Friday!

paba

My Order 340892 same thing 21 April 2023 and no SIM card received. I still waiting, and it was 2 SIM for two new friend that want to switch to Public Mobile.

@GroovyEye you can also ask them to allow you to purchase in person from local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik and have them to reimburse you the cost

GroovyEye

So I submitted a ticket and they told.me they can resend the SIM cards and that they will arrive this time. I asked them how they can guarantee that and they had no answer. If this is a widespread issue, they should be resending these out as trackable orders. Otherwise it looks cheap and is very poor customer service.

Ceburke

Order a SIM on April 21.  Still waiting for it to arrive... 

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Actually ordered a SIM card in March and still waiting for it.  Kind of laughable and amateur to be honest. 

Keatrix25

Not only did a SIM card I ordered not arrive yet (Order 341952), but I can't even submit a ticket because no matter how many times I try to login it says "error logging on" - even changed my password and confirmed my username but it doesn't matter, still can't create a ticket for the life of me. I'm trying to help a senior get the internet and this is becoming literally impossible to use public mobile because I haven't received the SIM and there's no way for me to get help.

hi @dillon420 please submit ticket with PM support , provide them your order number for tracking 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

dillon420

so when do i get my sim card? i ordered over 3 weeks ago 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@J_PM 

while you're at it...please look for other shipping options. Some customers report delays of 2 or even 3 weeks for sim to arrive.

@hairbag1 , wouldn’t that be nice when it takes over 3 weeks to receive a SIM card from Public Mobile through Canada Post with no way of knowing if it was sent, lost or coming at all! Very discouraging when new Customers are thinking of signing up & end up signing up with a different company instead! Not everyone thinks to check a Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store (if there is one in their area) for a Public Mobile SIM card to get one the same day! Which is also an option listed when purchasing a SIM card on here!

@GroovyEye wrote:

Order confirmation email says 5-10 business days, not 3 weeks.

@GroovyEye , I know how frustrating it is, it took over 3 weeks to get my SIM card from Public Mobile which was delivered through Canada Post! If I had of known it was going to take any where near that long I would have went to a local Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store to purchase one! Sometimes a CSA will credit your account for the missing SIM card when asked & you can go purchase one at one of those locations & activate online here at home!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/store-locator

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, was the free sim card promotion given out all the sim card and no more stock?

GroovyEye

Order confirmation email says 5-10 business days, not 3 weeks.

GroovyEye

Agreed. Amazon Prime always delivers. Apparently PM doesn't even do that.

GroovyEye

Well when a company has a widespread issue like this, they have to swallow those extra costs and get their customers what they paid for.

Need Help? Let's chat.