cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

Oops.jpeg

Dave 420

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

Can you clarify when you say first that there is no impact on all existing customers?  What about those who were on the $15 plan?  Are you cutting off their Canada Wide Minutes?  I seriously hope that they get to keep their Canada Wide calling as they were on that plan before your announcement on Feb 16 2021 Please clarify!!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Rosguru : Go back to the first post at the top of this thread and look for the FAQ. Existing customers on existing plans and those new customers choosing one of the current plans will keep their plans. That's what grandfathering means in this context.

kaytus
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the update. Always great communication! 

a4chiu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile, you are making things more difficult in this uncertain time. People are being laid off and on EI/CERB, and you are raising prices by 20%. 

corryk2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up today and made it in under the wire for the Canada wide plan. Thank you.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I hope they grandfather the Canada Wide $15 plan as some have indicated they will. I have 4 lines on that plan. If not Public Mobile has given us a alot of free minutes over the past few years so we have a ton of Canada wide long distance in the bank. I guess we will see what happens but I am still saving a ton overall compared to old TELUS plans we were on. 

Asher2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gpixel4 With more and more “High speed 5G” coverage coming out, I think that Public Mobile should maybe start lessening the limited speeds of 4G LTE slowly, maybe start with a limit of 10mbps instead of 3mbps . But to be fair, Public Mobile is a third tier company, and phone companies basically don’t care about their customers, so I don’t see better speeds. But I do hope for it.

Note: I do not see the point of 5G since I have been trying out 5G for a just a month, I do not plan on keeping it (different company/Telus and different phone) and 5G really doesn’t have a big difference compared to LTE. Sometimes even slower. It’s overated to be honest.

will13am
Oracle

At least we have clarification on how legacy plans will be unaffected. We still don't know how much longer will the Canada wide calling plans will be maintained at the current price.  Will it be until the end of the month, end of the week?  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Can some at PM make this clearer?

@Catherine_T 

FAQ’s:

What happens to existing customers’ plans?

There is no impact to existing customers' plans. All customers’ plans will be grandfathered, including those who had scheduled rate plan changes before this update. Note, if you change your plan you may not be able to go back to your previous plan if it is no longer available on our website. 

What is happening to the $15 plan All plans in the Canada-wide suite have unlimited Canada-wide minutes. The $15 limited talk plan will remain in the Province-wide suite and will have 100 Province-wide minutes with 250MB of AutoPay data bonus.

What does .... “All plans in the Canada-wide suite have unlimited Canada-wide minutes”....mean in reference to the old $15 plan.....is a  confusing statement. 

Need Help? Let's chat.