cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asher2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

I do know that Changes will happen with Plans. But with the future coming upon us we are needed to be more connected with eachother as we go on.

I feel that this is a big step back and is disappointed with the plan changes that Public Mobile has made. I expect that we should be starting to get more for less or ATLEAST getting more at the same price. 

@Catherine_T Really disappointed with the changes that Public Mobile has made, if price increases with no other upgrades keep happening, I’ll be moving my business elsewhere.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@computergeek541 wrote:

Who really believes that this is really a "price reduction" or that this helps Public Mobile remain competitive?

Certainly not I.   Whomever does believe such nonsense has drank the Public Mobile Kool-Aid and there's no goin back...

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T Thanks for editing your post and clearing up some information 👍

Spudster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No matter how one slices or dices this, it's bad for the Public Mobile customer.

For BOTH current and prospective customers. 

Shame on you, Public Mobile (or TELUS) if behind this.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Is this better for "us" existing customers?  NO.

Is this better for new customers thinking of joining?  NO.

Was it likely a change to benefit the "Mother-Ship"? Probably. 

I thought Provincial Wide plans were becoming a thing of the past; but I guess PM thinks this move is...beneficial? 

Sounds like a move to have customers drop off like flies to me. Maybe that is the master plan.

😡

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm. Now I wonder what's up with Lucky Mobile. They still show their original plans. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 

Be careful what you ask for.....how you like that for new plans? 

Thats ok there's lots of room in the bummer tent for everyone....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Bummer-tent/m-p/422680#M2231

will13am
Oracle

@BearFBI wrote:

Hmm. Now I wonder what's up with Lucky Mobile. They still show their original plans. 

You are being too impatient.  Chatr has already matched the offer.  Lucky will soon follow.  I am sure the FOMO is getting to the decision makers.  

coolcatz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are a retailer and I was so happy to be able to sell plans that were Canada wide, no confusion.  This is a terrible decision and will add to the confusion regarding plans.  It adds to retailers time to have to explain differences on sign up and then customers' usage questions that take time to look into.  Just an all round mean thing to do to those of us championing the brand.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Existing plans for existing customers aren't impacted. Although (as always) if you change away from a legacy plan which is no longer being offered then you won't be able to change back.

But this is going to make it a little harder to score referrals. Public Mobile's biggest appeal was an immediate price advantage which no longer exists, along with a long-term price advantage which isn't so advantageous anymore. New customers were uncertain and apprehensive before but could still be hooked by the savings ... but now the plans offered by Lucky and Chatr and Koodo Tabs (and that Shaw/Freedom upstart) look like more appealing value in comparison.

Unless Public Mobile's strategy is to run an endless string of conditional "new customer only" promos which basically negate this price bump?

Need Help? Let's chat.