cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@LurganIeUk 

The $15 Canada-wide plan will be no more.   If you've got it, and it works for you, keep it.  The understanding is that it will be grandfathered.

If you move out of it for whatever reason, you won't be able to get back to the version which includes Canada-wide calling.  

What remains UNCLEAR is how long the current Limited Time Offer is granting existing customers to make plan changes and when that capability will be permanently disabled.

Would be really nice if PM would just put a dang date on that.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

Although I don't call that much, some clients may have greater impact.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 when 5g is fully rolled out, maybe they will... pm should consider increasing the throttle limit to 6mb for the Canada wide plans to make them more enticing and add 'volte' hopefully they take my suggestion and add it in after this LTO is over 👍

golfball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Really frustrating that instead of improving things they purposely downgrade them instead because PM is "too good" for us. The Canadian mobile telecom market is lots of fun... 🙃

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry if this has already been addressed.  I'm currently on the $15 plan.  Since it's changing to Province wide calling, does that mean I can only make calls to people in Ontario since I have an Ontario number.  Sometimes I make calls to Quebec.  Would this plan still allow for that?  And what about receiving calls?  Can people outside of my province still call me?  Thanks for the assistance.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mobileguy Your current $15 plan doesn't change.  You have Canada-wide calling.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy wrote:

Sorry if this has already been addressed.  I'm currently on the $15 plan.  Since it's changing to Province wide calling, does that mean I can only make calls to people in Ontario since I have an Ontario number.  Sometimes I make calls to Quebec.  Would this plan still allow for that?  And what about receiving calls?  Can people outside of my province still call me?  Thanks for the assistance.

I think there's now two $15 plans. The Province-wide current plan. The Canada-wide legacy plan. (And, technically, another legacy version of the $15 plan - the original circa-2018 Canada-wide plan which had limited outgoing and limited incoming Talk minutes, if anyone who had it never bothered to upgrade it for free.)

Existing customers who have the $15 Canada-wide plan (like you and me) will still have that plan "grandfathered" until we change plans or we let the account expire. Or until Public Mobile decides to discontinue/change their traditional policy with legacy plans.

While new customers will only be able to choose the $15 Province-wide plan. Or choose to pay an extra five bucks for the Canada-wide version. Unless they can catch some kind of promo or special deal.

Province-wide calling lets you receive incoming calls from anywhere in Canada (or the world) to anywhere in your number's "home" province. You could receive calls from QC while in ON. You could dial from ON to ON. But you'd need a Canada-wide or Long Distance add-on to dial from ON to QC (or to any other out-of-province destination). Not that it matters if your Canada-wide version of the plan is grandfathered.

The conclusive answer will be whatever items are described in Self-Serve after our current billing cycles renew.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Man oh man. We've went from a 10$ plan with Canadian wide minuites to a 15$ plan with Canada wide minuites now a 15$ with province wide minuites. 

Also I remember PM offering a 3GB 35$ plan that was a while back, it had canada wide calling. Now PM makes you pay 40$ for 2.5GB. The more I think of that plan the more I wish I claimed it.

Downgrades people ! Downgrades !

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI $40 for 2.5GB would be Canada-wide after the $5 increase.

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth @mm80 , thanks for your help.  Glad to hear that my current $15 plan will continue for now.  This plan is perfect for my needs so hope it doesn't stop.

Need Help? Let's chat.