cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlambro
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@darlicious wrote: @z10user4  Nope wasn't me.....I know that as a fact as @CannonFodder  is currently on that plan.  

@darlicious  Yup...sorry...it was @dlambro in one of the other threads. ... 

Yes you are both correct, they do have a $15/m plan, sure now, when I was with Chatr last year, the plan was $20/m for talk and text, 100 minutes Canada wide, no data, so I switched to PM to get data and unlimited Canada Wide minutes for a few dollars more.  Now they offer a cheaper plan, I guess they are all competing with each other. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@ShawnC13 

My point is with the $15 plan. As of 9pm pt it was no longer in self serve but it was on offer on the publicmobile.ca/plans page until about 2:30 am pt. Is this not breaking their terms of service?

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

My point is with the $15 plan. As of 9pm pt it was no longer in self serve but it was on offer on the publicmobile.ca/plans page until about 2:30 am pt. Is this not breaking their terms of service?

D'oh hit post before replying

Would have to find someone that was trying to activate (and be able to prove they were) that "old" $15.  They can remove it from our Self Serve options at any time without notice as it isn't a price change it was removing a plan no longer offered.  Without going through the activation process we can't tell for sure if you were not able to select that plan while ACTIVATING vs the option not being there in self serve for a PLAN CHANGE.  Two different things

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

villellamcmeans
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Booooooo👎

@will13am wrote:

The discussion of a day ago turns out to be true.  This is definitely a turn for the worse.  It is unfortunate.  How long is the "price reduction" for the Canada wide calling plans?  I feel like I am shopping at the Bay; increase the price on the weekdays to set up for a big sale on the weekend.  

Who really believes that this is really a "price reduction" or that this helps Public Mobile remain competitive?

@BearFBI wrote:

@Catherine_T You also mantioned NOTHING about existing users and wether or not our plans will be grandfathered. Makes me worried as our plan prices may be subject to increase in the future...... Mabey thats why it wasn't mentioned. 

With any price plan, Public Mobile could always increase the price for existing customers by giving 30 days notice. So, even if Public Mobile says no pirce increases, that doesn't mean forever.

@benfatto wrote:

@BearFBI  Disappointing for getting referrals unless competitors also increase prices. Nothing may have been said but PM has good history of grandfathering current customers. 

Referral prospects have all but dried up. About a year ago, it got pretty bad, but over the last couple of months, I believe them to be almost non-existent.  As happy as a customer as I am because of what I pay after rewards, not even I would join today as a new member for plans that I do not consider to be even close to competitive.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12 wrote:

@Catherine_T, thank you for making a proper announcement with the changes coming to the plans. Will any customers who are on existing plans need to "switch" to the new "promotional" Canada-Wide plans? The general consensus seems to be that the existing plans will be Grandfathered, however, do any existing customers that are happy with their existing plans need to take any action? Below is a screenshot of the self-help.

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

mitchnet12_0-1613490117089.png

@mitchnet12   Not sure if anyone already answered you, but if you're an existing customer and are happy with your current plan then you don't need to do anything further as your current plan will be grandfathered in.   Just remember if you opt to change it in the future then you will not get the option to go back to it as it has been/will be discontinued.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BearFBI wrote:

@Catherine_T You also mantioned NOTHING about existing users and wether or not our plans will be grandfathered. Makes me worried as our plan prices may be subject to increase in the future...... Mabey thats why it wasn't mentioned. 

With any price plan, Public Mobile could always increase the price for existing customers by giving 30 days notice. So, even if Public Mobile says no pirce increases, that doesn't mean forever.

Of course, but it'd be good to know for sure what the impact is (if any) on existing customers, in light of this specific announcement. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Just double checked today's date and nope, unfortunately, it's not April 1st!!

A couple of phrases come to mind "sooner or later, everything old is new again" or maybe it's "back to the future".

Disappointing direction...

Need Help? Let's chat.