cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@z10user4 

Nope wasn't me.....I know that as a fact as @CannonFodder  is currently on that plan.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@hstraf wrote:

I'm confused.   

Are our *existing* subscriptions changing?   Will we (existing customers with a current plan) lose the "Canada-wide" calling ability unless we re-signup?   Are our existing/current plans grand-fathered and will not change?  (Will we keep Canada-wide calling at the "old" price?)

Do we need to change our plans to the "new" Canada-wide plans today to get the discount (same pricing) if we want to keep canada-wide calling?

Thanks.

In our home, we have four children with the $15/month plan and four adults with the $40/month plan.  All currently have Canada-wide calling, and we want to keep that.

@Catherine_T  Should be the one to answer this. 

While the change was well thought out...the questions and concerns from existing customers.....their base......was a total MISS and a bad decision to omit. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hstraf 

Just don't change your plans and you should be fine. Unless announced at publicmobile.ca/plans your plans are grandfathered in.....

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

I think you are missing my point....we as is pm are bound by the terms of service. When pm does not follow their own terms of service that are most advantageous to the provider who sets their own terms according to the WCC regulations that creates a problem. Public Mobile has very simple terms.....why did they not follow them? 

Can the terms of service change?
Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being
posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current
terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

Public mobile changed the plans in our self serve about six hours before they changed on the "publicmobile,ca/plans" page. This broke their own terms of service by preventing customers from making a plan change to the current (at the time) plans being offered by public mobile. This is a legitimate complaint to be taken to the CCTS. But nobody seems to get this?!!

@ShawnC13  Do you see my point? Care to cobble together a bandwagon?

@darlicious, both plans are in our self serve and are listed at the same price.  Someone can future date their own plan change without the price going up.  As of right now with the LTO their hasn't been a price change for the Canada Wide calling plans.  You can still get any Canada wide calling plan today for what it was yesterday, except maybe the $15 plan I haven't looked but that is now a new plan if it has changed.  When it comes down to it the Province wide calling Plans are "new" plans for at the price of the old Canada wide calling and after the LTO (my thinking is 30 days) the "new" Canada wide plans will have  a $5 price increase.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Nope wasn't me.....I know that as a fact as @CannonFodder  is currently on that plan.

@darlicious 

Yup...sorry...it was @dlambro in one of the other threads. Sorry to bother you. Apparently I skimmed. It was also a long post a la your style.

@dlambro : Chatr does have a $15 plan.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

This drama could have been avoided by doing things just a bit differently.

"Hey, PM here. Unfortunately in 30 days time we will be raising the price of all Canada wide calling plans by $5. We don't do this lightly and in an effort to mitigate the effect on people that only call within their own province we are introducing Province wide plans for the current prices. We apologize to those that will be affected but please note that any plan you are on now, or that you switch to before the 30 days are up, will be honored going forward."

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kb_mv wrote:

This drama could have been avoided by doing things just a bit differently.

"Hey, PM here. Unfortunately in 30 days time we will be raising the price of all Canada wide calling plans by $5. We don't do this lightly and in an effort to mitigate the effect on people that only call within their own province we are introducing Province wide plans for the current prices. We apologize to those that will be affected but please note that any plan you are on now, or that you switch to before the 30 days are up, will be honored going forward."

That would've been much more well received. Of course there'll always be detractors but this feels like "leveling" with us instead of talking around or fluffing up a change as if it's of benefit to us and not Telus.

JK8
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

E8D7A9BB-0E2F-4408-9DF3-48BABAC7A901.jpeg

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Oh....what a huge step backwards for PM 😐 Provider should improve plan offers instead of making them more unattractive, especially to new customers.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is how I read today's announcement.

Has anything changed for the existing users? No, not really, as everything remains as-is for the existing users.

The people affected will be newcomers or the existing users only if they change their plan: and if the latter, the existing users still have the time to switch using the old rates.

PS. I remain a happy camper 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.