cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@bilibili wrote:

RIP to $15 canada-wide plan.

Exactly it looks like the end of any one wanting to buy the $15 plan. Anything province wide plan needs a clear explanation of how to use if you are out of province. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

What terrible move. You wont be seeing any new activations from me as its almost impossible to convince anyone to join now because of these terrible changes. Public Mobile is heading in the wrong direction. 

Its a joke how province wide plans are the same price as the old Canada wide talk plans. At least discount the province wide plans. 

@Catherine_T You also mentioned NOTHING about existing users and whether or not our plans will be grandfathered. Makes me worried as our plan prices may be subject to increase in the future...... Mabey thats why it wasn't mentioned. 

benfatto
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI  Disappointing for getting referrals unless competitors also increase prices. Nothing may have been said but PM has good history of grandfathering current customers. 

BearFBI

@benfatto They have a good history of grandfathering but dont kid yourself. PM has changed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

I think you are missing my point....we as is pm are bound by the terms of service. When pm does not follow their own terms of service that are most advantageous to the provider who sets their own terms according to the WCC regulations that creates a problem. Public Mobile has very simple terms.....why did they not follow them? 

Can the terms of service change?
Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being
posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current
terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

Public mobile changed the plans in our self serve about six hours before they changed on the "publicmobile,ca/plans" page. This broke their own terms of service by preventing customers from making a plan change to the current (at the time) plans being offered by public mobile. This is a legitimate complaint to be taken to the CCTS. But nobody seems to get this?!!

@ShawnC13  Do you see my point? Care to cobble together a bandwagon?

benfatto
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

mh1983

@computergeek541 wrote:

There hasn't been any announcement about changes to plans that existing customers already have.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Your plan stays the same. 

Thank you, but how are you deducing this if there hasn't been any announcement? Would be nice if they said "existing customers who don't want to change their existing plans aren't impacted" or something along those lines.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@benfatto wrote:

@BearFBI  Disappointing for getting referrals unless competitors also increase prices. Nothing may have been said but PM has good history of grandfathering current customers. 

The whole referral program is kind of like a pyramid method of gaining customers. It will now likely slow down as there will be better plans offered by the competition. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Maybe it was one of your posts in one of the other similar threads...you had said Chatr does not have a $15 plan. They do. I was just using my little post to also add that bit. So as not to be too obviously padding my post count 🙂 .

hstraf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm confused.   

Are our *existing* subscriptions changing?   Will we (existing customers with a current plan) lose the "Canada-wide" calling ability unless we re-signup?   Are our existing/current plans grand-fathered and will not change?  (Will we keep Canada-wide calling at the "old" price?)

Do we need to change our plans to the "new" Canada-wide plans today to get the discount (same pricing) if we want to keep canada-wide calling?

Thanks.

In our home, we have four children with the $15/month plan and four adults with the $40/month plan.  All currently have Canada-wide calling, and we want to keep that.

Need Help? Let's chat.