cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaytus
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

So basically it upgrades from Canada Wide to Province Wide without any change, right?

Also, that $5 discount is it forever stays in the plan unless I change my plan again.

It is so confusing.

hTideGnow
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@HALIMACS wrote:

I especially found the following phrase to be a load of ________ (fill in the blank):  "The introduction of a Province-wide calling plan comes as a result of our commitment to give you more options on features and provide savings to help you create and customize the plan that’s right for you."  

Totally agree!!  I also found this line a big Joke from a Fat Liar!!!

ShawnC13
Oracle

UUUGH totally disappointed. While I do appreciate the heads-up it is very disheartening to see PM get further and further away from the PM I joined. It was something I could proudly promote and encourage people to join. It was innovative and different and save people a lot of money. Now it just tows the company line. So what good is any of the services to those in the affected areas of Manitoba? Is VoLTE coming or is Telus just hoping that current PM customers will move up the chain to the same family rather than switching providers?

So any new customer will be paying the same amount for less service (Provincial plan) or $5 more for same service (Canada Wide Calling) well isn't that a plan for business growth.

I know you are only relaying the message and none of this is directed at you but to a customer this looks like Telus putting more pressure on the lower tier (usually customers who can't afford more $$ for service) to move up the food chain.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I run away from Koodo $5 increase, but it followed me here! 😢

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This is definitely downgrade.

Hold on to your old plans folks.

I thought we would set now affordable talk and text only plan for folks with flip phones.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@LEGO 

Your plan will stay the same

It only affects new accounts

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus 

Unless grandfathering plans have changed your plan stays exactly the same as long as you don't change it. As should anyone who scheduled a plan change by 11:59:59 pm et on February 15th 2021. The only issue I see are those attempting a change between midnight and about 2 - 3am pt this morning before the pm plans page changed to show the new plans but encountered only the new plans in self serve...more specifically the "old" $15 Canada wide calling plan.

According to the terms and conditions the pm plans page takes precedence and takes effect 30 days hence once posted. Customers accept these changes once posted. That approximate 2 hour window causes a problem for pm.

Edit: Getting my time/zones messed up...about a 6 hour window between midnight eastern and 5 - 6am eastern.

mitchnet12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Catherine_T, thank you for making a proper announcement with the changes coming to the plans. Will any customers who are on existing plans need to "switch" to the new "promotional" Canada-Wide plans? The general consensus seems to be that the existing plans will be Grandfathered, however, do any existing customers that are happy with their existing plans need to take any action? Below is a screenshot of the self-help.

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

mitchnet12_0-1613490117089.png

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Ok i was not aware of the network wide price increase 

Actually Publicmobile did a great job of giving the option of the same price and only decreasing the call-out range. And for limited time no plan except 15 is affected.

@Catherine_T taking a minute to think about it, you and your team actually did great. It's never easy to announce price increase (except for bell, they treat it as gravity) and you really try to make it the least painful. Thanks

mimmo
Oracle

@Just a clarification existing accounts  keep their current plans untill

• they decide to manuslly change their plan to a current in market plan
  • They are giving notification of their plan getting price change 30 days notice is rewuired

There has been no notification thus all existing customers keep their current plan price and features untill they decide to manuslly change it .

Edit tagged wrong person

Need Help? Let's chat.