cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

I think that you have to pick a $35 or higher plan to get the data bonus and then stay with that plan until the data is used up before switching plans. Otherwise you may lose the test of the data plan. I think you were looking for the $15 plan @Ed404 ?

AE_Collector

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Niw this the type of deal I was looking for let's go!

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @samcat 

These are i believe standard lines and you will probably see it in similar offers by other companies

About the subject to change, yes they can change this promo at any point, any moment they can stop it and everybody up to that point who got it, got it, if you planned but didn't act - sorry. They can change it to 2 gigs or 10 gigs at any point, up to the announced time if you got it you have 5 if you activated after the announced time you get the other amount.

If you start going through the past posts you will notice that most of those offers actually ended up with extensions.

@samcat one-time means it only happens once. You won't receive that same bonus for this offer ever again.

Subject to change means they can stop offering this promo early.

samcat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

The advertisement on home page reads:

"5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed."

I find the "one-time data bonus" and the following sentence contradictory.

One-time data bonus might mean it only applies to one month, but it can also mean it is offered once with activation of $35/month or more, until the account becomes inactive or rate plan is changed.

Could you clarify?

On another note, all public mobile promo conditions seems to contain a sentence "This offer is subject to change without notice." Exactly what does this mean and is this reasonable? For example, a really great promo attracts many new customers to activate. Following week, public mobile decides to change the plan to get rid of the promo offered previous week. Whether this happens with or without notice, is this similar to what's implied? I just want to understand the meaning behind the conditions and the likelihood of this happening.

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice deal.

hinamirza

Where it is written?

hinamirza

Hi , I guess yeah since public mobile is too good for people who are money saver and I am the one too

hinamirza

Hi , it will be in your account as a add on . When ever ur own data finished u are able to use from this free five gb data . Hope it help 

@MoreYummy wrote:

good to have it,  how about a better plan for promotion as well.  

Customers are always going to hope for better, but the main things that they're likely looking for are lower prices, LTE data, and unlimited data.

good to have it,  how about a better plan for promotion as well.  

@ashisfree wrote:

I am just wondering if I need to pay up front for the first month upon signing up? I am interested in signing up an account today to get this deal but I dont have the money to pay for a full month until I get paid on December 6th. Also, if I do this online, will I be able to keep my number from bell mobility?

You always pay up front when activating. There's never a promo that you don't have to pay up front, not even when there's a free month.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No one is clear. We're still waiting (if ever) for an official reply from @Alan_K or @Tiana_V. Past promos have shown that changing plans doesn't lose the add-on and they had similar wording too. Or the $10 credit promo changing plans up also said no changing of plan.

It would be nice if either could chime in and clear up either the wording or state that the add-on stays.

@Anonymous Thanks for the question; changing your plan (any kind of change) will cause the one-time 5 GB Add-On to be removed this time around due to the way the promotion was coded. 

@Alan_K 

This coding can't easily be changed? No problem the restriction to a $35 minimum n but do you really want to make customers think twice about upgrading?

AE_Collector

Wow @AE_Collector didn't even occur to me, you are right who would want to upgrade and lose it, unless again the 1.5 gigs ends up not being enough and they consume it quickly. But most of people understand their needs and can plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:
@Anonymous Thanks for the question; changing your plan (any kind of change) will cause the one-time 5 GB Add-On to be removed this time around due to the way the promotion was coded. 

@Alan_K 

Thanks for the confirmation. Interesting that an add-on would behave differently from the others and the other promos in the past.

Oh well.

Maybe somebody will test it for their next renewal. 🙂

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No one is clear. We're still waiting (if ever) for an official reply from @Alan_K or @Tiana_V. Past promos have shown that changing plans doesn't lose the add-on and they had similar wording too. Or the $10 credit promo changing plans up also said no changing of plan.

It would be nice if either could chime in and clear up either the wording or state that the add-on stays.

@Alan_K 

This coding can't easily be changed? No problem with the restriction to a $35 minimum plan but do you really want to make customers think twice about upgrading plans?

AE_Collector

Thanks for clarification, I better make couple of calls I hope I'm not too late. 

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for the confirmation @Alan_K.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@maheshboloor wrote:

I read through the comments but i am still not clear about the below question:

We get the 5 gb add on with activation of the 35$ (or greater) plan. But if we change the 35$ plan to a 25$ or the 15$ plan then next bill cycle, we forfiet the 5 gb add on and it goes away? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ashisfree wrote:

I am just wondering if I need to pay up front for the first month upon signing up? I am interested in signing up an account today to get this deal but I dont have the money to pay for a full month until I get paid on December 6th. Also, if I do this online, will I be able to keep my number from bell mobility?

This is a pre-paid service so yes you need to pay up front.

You will be able to transfer your Bell number. That account has to be active to do so.

ashisfree
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

AJ9

The fine print says "Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.". That's telling me that even if I upgrade to let's say a $40/month plan, I'll still lose my 5GB bonus add-on.

So regardless of whether you upgrade or downgrade, you will lose it as per the current terms and conditions, unless we get a formal clarification from @Tiana_V or any other moderator.

@AE_Collector wrote:

That is correct per the wording. The discrepancy is that in the past these type of promo add-ons have NOT worked that way so we are hoping for a clarification / confirmation from someone in the know. For now we gave to assume that a change to lower than $35 plan will terminate the add-on permanently.

AE_Collector

That is correct per the wording. The discrepancy is that in the past these type of promo add-ons have NOT worked that way so we are hoping for a clarification / confirmation from someone in the know. For now we gave to assume that a change to lower than $35 plan will terminate the add-on permanently.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maheshboloor wrote:

We get the 5 gb add on with activation of the 35$ (or greater) plan. But if we change the 35$ plan to a 25$ or the 15$ plan then next bill cycle, we forfiet the 5 gb add on and it goes away? 

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KonaT wrote:

Hi guys, if I'm switiching over to Public, I will need to order a sim card.  Can I still get the Black Friday deal knowing my Sim Card does will not arrive in time.  

Also the if extra 5 GB bonus as a add, is that for a month or for as long as I keep the plan?

Thanks

Cheers KonaT

There might still be enough time for a sim card to arrive, but the sim card must be activated while the promotion is still active.  Simply ordering is not enough to secure the promotion unless you buy it from a third party who is willing to give you sim card details to let you activate it before you receive it in the mail.

@NanaD 

Of course you can get a little bit of data by bumping to the $15 plan, no need to go to $35!

AE_Collector

NanaD

Thanks for the prompt reply! I don't really want to lose the $10 plan but I was thinking a little bit of data could be useful too... thanks for your inp!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@NanaD its just for new activations. Since you can no longer get the 10$ plan you're lucky to have one! 

NanaD

This might be a dumb question so forgive me if so but if I'm currently on a $10/month plan and change to the $35/month plan do I get the bonus? Or is it really just for newbies that haven't yet had an account?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@KonaT yes but you'll probably have to get them to activate the Sim card too because some Walmarts will not sell just the card with the activation.  Having said that you can still get the bonus data in the 35$ or more plan and you can also use a refferal code to get the 10$credit on your new activation! 

Need Help? Let's chat.