cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

KonaT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Walmart in any Canadian town?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would have been great if it were offered on all plans. That would have attracted many new members, likely.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@KonaT if you have a Walmart or mobile shop or London drugs you could go there an d get a Sim card and activate there instead of waiting for the Sim card!  The 5gb bonus is an add on so it will only get used if you use up your monthly plan data and the bonus will roll over every month until its all used up! Don't forget a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new activation also

KonaT

Hi guys, if I'm switiching over to Public, I will need to order a sim card.  Can I still get the Black Friday deal knowing my Sim Card does will not arrive in time.  

Also the if extra 5 GB bonus as a add, is that for a month or for as long as I keep the plan?

Thanks

Cheers KonaT

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ckaufman wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes and it rolls over until completely used up. Thus it could last for years as an insurance policy against running out of data. Especially useful if you have a relatively low data plan such as the $15 or $25 plan. Just like the $5/500 minute Canada calling is a great insurance policy if you have the $15 plan that only has 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days.

AE_Collector

Except you can't get this deal with $15 or $25 plans

@ckaufman 

It is so easy to switch to one of those plans, so you can consider it as 5gigs for $10 or $20 depending on the plan you are after. Still a great deal in my books:)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am going to throw a few harsh words at this so called black Friday deal.  Frankly I would be embarrased to call this a worthy promo for such an important once in a year sales day.  I am not saying that Freedom is a competitor here, but at least they lowered prices on their plans so that customers can enjoy a real discount.  

ckaufman

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes and it rolls over until completely used up. Thus it could last for years as an insurance policy against running out of data. Especially useful if you have a relatively low data plan such as the $15 or $25 plan. Just like the $5/500 minute Canada calling is a great insurance policy if you have the $15 plan that only has 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days.

AE_Collector

Except you can't get this deal with $15 or $25 plans

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Quite good that comes with referral of $20 to referrer. 

ckaufman

@AJ9 wrote:

@Tiana_V- It would be an awesome BF deal if it can be revised as:

Activate any $35+/mo plan - get bonus 5GB

Activate any $25+/mo plan - get bonus 3GB

Activate any $15+/mo plan - get bonus 1GB

Any chance if the above request can be reviewed?

My hope would have been an extension until December 2 of the 6 months of $10 discount and allow new customers to combine it with this 5GB one-time bonus data offer. I think that would attract a wider range of new customers.

@Davery 

And is only tapped into if you use up all of your plans included data before your renewal date. It stops being used on your renewal date as your regular plan data will again be used.

AE_Collector

@Davery wrote:

I'd just like to clarify this extra 5gb is only for the first month when you sign up? 

Hi @Davery 

It is one time only, but it is not only for the first month, the first cycle data amount will be the usual for thru plan selected (1.5/5.5/8.5) It is treated as an add-on, not data from the plan, so it will appear on the account within a week and it will stay on your account until completely used up, in other words it doesn't expirem

@Tiana_V 

I would be surprised if the data plans are forfeited if the plan is changed so hopefully we can get a definitive answer to that. I know it says that in the fine print but let's face it, PM has a bad history of getting the wording wrong or at least not being exactly what they intended it to say.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

I would prefer clarification that a plan change would not affect the add-on as has been the case with past promos like this.

I was surprised to see that too. 

For the $10 promo, PM system will check the compliance before adding the credit.  But how PM is going to enforce the removal of the add-on since there is no expiry date for add-on.

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

I would prefer clarification that a plan change would not affect the add-on as has been the case with past promos like this.

This is the fine print wording from the plan...  

Effective November 25 2019 until December 2 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store.

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice. This offer is not stackable.

J-L

@AE_Collector wrote:

I still say this is a GREAT deal for anyone looking at the $15 plan and the $25 plan as well. These are people who don't need a ton of data but worry about possibly running out when needed on the lower end plans. Instead of paying more than needed monthly to ensure you don't run out stay low with these free add-ons to fill the gap if and when needed. I am surprising myself getting by in the $15 plan over winter when we aren't at our cabin where we have no wifi. But I have the 1Gb data bonus that they gave us to help out if needed.

So you have to start out on the $35 plan rather than the $15 or $25 plan but I bet when we get clarification it will be that you can switch up or down to whatever plan you want for your second month.

AE_Collector

But they can't switch plans until they use all of the bonus 5G or they will lose what is left. Apparently  the bonus 5G do roll over until all used up but only if they stay on the $35 plan. So if you are keeping the 5Gs as an " insurance if needed" you cannot move to a cheaper plan in the second month.

J-L

@AE_Collector wrote:

I would say this IS the "new plans for a Black Friday deal". And I can't see why it wouldn't be combinable with the additional $20 referral credit to the person making the referral! Excellent!

AE_Collector

It says it is not stackable with other offers/deals except referr a friend offer... In other words yes the referr a friend $20 bonus credit will apply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

popping

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

AJ9

Yes found it: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/blackfriday

"5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. "

popping

@GR wrote:

@AJ9  it is at 3g speed.   In the fine print it says if you lower your plan you'll lose the bonus data 

Where is the fine print?  I cannot find it on OP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ9 wrote:

@GROK thanks for confirming the speed. Where is the fine print of this promotion? I don't see any link to it in the first post.

A link to it is up on the home page. Click on the big logo in the upper left.

I still say this is a GREAT deal for anyone looking at the $15 plan and the $25 plan as well. These are people who don't need a ton of data but worry about possibly running out when needed on the lower end plans. Instead of paying more than needed monthly to ensure you don't run out stay low with these free add-ons to fill the gap if and when needed. I am surprising myself getting by in the $15 plan over winter when we aren't at our cabin where we have no wifi. But I have the 1Gb data bonus that they gave us to help out if needed.

So you have to start out on the $35 plan rather than the $15 or $25 plan but I bet when we get clarification it will be that you can switch up or down to whatever plan you want for your second month.

AE_Collector

AJ9

@GR OK thanks for confirming the speed. Where is the fine print of this promotion? I don't see any link to it in the first post.

@GR wrote:

@AJ9  it is at 3g speed.   In the fine print it says if you lower your plan you'll lose the bonus data 

GR
Mayor / Maire

AJ9

1. Is this bonus 5GB data at 3G/4G/LTE speeds?

2. Can a new customer who signs up for a $35+/mo plan, downgrade to any lower priced plan (such as $15/mo) in the second month onwards?

Thanks.

@Reek wrote:

As a prospective buyer who has been waiting for my moment to leave one of the big-3 to join P.M. or another BYOD alternative, I'll keep on waiting.

IMHO this deal strikes me as a welcomed, unexpected bonus for those who are already going to purchase the $35 plans. I can't imagine it's the deciding factor for anyone who's conciouslly thinking long-term.

For that (long-term), that's baed on the rate plans offered and the rewards program that can offer discounts.

Reek

As a prospective buyer who has been waiting for my moment to leave one of the big-3 to join P.M. or another BYOD alternative, I'll keep on waiting.

IMHO this deal strikes me as a welcomed, unexpected bonus for those who are already going to purchase the $35 plans. I can't imagine it's the deciding factor for anyone who's conciouslly thinking long-term.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately at least for me, it is not something that I would recommend especially since it is a one time thing 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.