Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW: Introducing even more 4G speed plans

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting today, we’re introducing three brand new 4G speed plans. These plans are available to all existing and new customers, plus new customers will earn 3x the Points-Back for 12 months when they activate. 

Plan Details: 

$55/month

• 3x Points-back: Earn $8.25/mo in points value²
  • 8 GB Data¹ at 4G speed
  • Unlimited  Canada-wide minutes
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display5

$60/month

• 3x Points-back: Earn $9/mo in points value²
  • 10 GB Data¹ at 4G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes

$65/month

• 3x Points-back: Earn $9.75/mo in points value²
  • 15 GB Data¹ at 4G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes

How to Get These Plans: 

Existing Customers: 

1. Log in to My Account
  2. Go to ‘Plans & Add-ons’
  3. Click ‘Change my Plan’

New Customers

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online. 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- The Public Mobile Community team

Details:

Spoiler

²Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

Points bonus will automatically be applied separately from the regular 5% points-back to eligible purchases within 4-5 business days. Points bonus will expire if the account is deactivated.

As of August 16, 2022, 1 Public point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. By redeeming 15 points, you can save $15 off the price of your phone bill, applied to your next renewal. Minimum redemption of 15 points required to receive a bill credit. Public Points have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or any other benefits except under the Program.

¹Plans with 3G speed may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, and plans with 4G speed may reach download speeds up to 100 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For more information about speed experience in our rate plans, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wireless_Video_Experience_Optimization_fr.pdf

39 REPLIES 39

Unfotunately, the plans just go worse. I also believe that none of the above plans are new.  The only new one that I see is the $37.50 plan. In my opinion, the only plan worth considering was the $55 plan with 20GB of data. From a customer standpoint, these changes are extremely disappointing.

@wetcoaster- Oh my. Sobering is an interesting choice of words. I guess we'll hear from others if that plan got killed while scheduled. Wow.

@dust2dust wrote:

@hTideGnow- You can't. It's gone. I was speaking to those customers that might have scheduled the plan change to that no longer available plan. They'll still get it.

Adding - or maybe...

@hTideGnow wrote:

Cool.. this i was a true "limited time" offer then, get it while you can

Yep... Last week I had scheduled to the $55/20GB for next renewal, to have the option on my second data plan. Stupidly I was in a hurry and forgot about the screen shot, but am sure that the plan change did show up. Well, fast forward to a minute ago and my haste is biting me in the rearside: The plan change is, conveniently for PM, deleted.

I hope for the people that don't have other options that my account is the exception to the rule.

Things are really getting sobering around here.

I think he was referring to customers who have selected the plan to be applied at Next Renewal date already.

If you haven't done so...it's not available at all now.

@hTideGnow- You can't. It's gone. I was speaking to those customers that might have scheduled the plan change to that no longer available plan. They'll still get it.

Adding - or maybe...

@hTideGnow wrote:

Cool.. this i was a true "limited time" offer then, get it while you can

@dust2dust wrote:

For those that might ask about their set up plan change for their next renewal and had selected any of the previously available plans like the $55/20gb plan then you will still get that.

Cool.. this is a true "limited time" offer then, get it while you can

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

For those that might ask about their set up plan change for their next renewal and had selected any of the previously available plans like the $55/20gb plan then you will still get that.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V hi so you take away the 20 gig 55 dollar plan and replace it with these? what a joke!!

Need Help? Let's chat.