Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier with Public Mobile

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1669903282782.png

Season’s Greetings Community, 

During this season of giving, we’re bringing back our Holiday Rewards and we’ve got some amazing things to give! 

Starting December 1, we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST. We are excited to share these gifts with you all:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Plus 1GB of free data, redeemed through Public Points   

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES2” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2022 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of (1) one-time 2GB data add-on and one time 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used. 
  • Public Points members can redeem an extra one-time 1GB of data, free from their My Rewards account. 
    • Customers must be opted in to Public Points to redeem the 1 GB offer.
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

306 REPLIES 306

@Chrissyrioux12 

Login and redeem for the data. Ask @LitlLdy they did it.

@WippyShippy 

The World Cup is a new tradition that won't stick like snow on my shovel! Have you tried calling the Netherlands? You may be surprised....?

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious @mitchnet12

SUBSCRIBE doesn't work. I tried a few other words but got the same response. Is there a list of 'valid keywords'?

Screenshot_20221201-232048_Messages.jpg

@Jonavin 

Changing your phone number should make no difference recieving the text.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12 

Your friend might want to text SUBSCRIBE to 4911 first.

messenabout

@purewater 

Nice!

messenabout

@mitchnet12 

I was wondering the same thing

lejbonk99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I love getting this gift every year!

Community_QA

Thanks @J_PM  and Thanks PM.

Who said no promotion for exiting customers. 🙂

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

After you respond to the text, what happens?

1. Receive a “you got it” text in return 

2. Shows immediately after in your My Account?

Thanks...sorry I forgot how it worked last year. 🥴

Yes, that's how it works again this year.

After you respond to the text, what happens?

1. Receive a “you got it” text in return 

2. Shows immediately after in your My Account?

Thanks...sorry I forgot how it worked last year. 🥴

@dabr wrote:

@mitchnet12    I believe it's been mentioned that the text for this will come from 4911 shortcode.  Your friend could add that shortcode to his contacts and reply YES2.  The only problem is these texts are going out in batches to customers until the 15th, so it might be a good idea for him to wait until the 15th before sending his response.

Last year, if you were not sure if you had received the text you could text YES2 “to” 4911. It worked for me as my SIM Is in a ZTE box and it does not receive texts. I removed the 

SIM from the ZTE and put in my phone and texted back.....and it worked. 

josina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lovely way to start the holiday season!

This way they make sure you're aware of it, it creates engagement, and with any luck some good PR as you tell your friends and family about it.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

🌲  Thanks Jade and all your helpers. 🌲

mitchnet12

Thanks @dabr , I was thinking of making the same suggestion.

@mitchnet12    I believe it's been mentioned that the text for this will come from 4911 shortcode.  Your friend could add that shortcode to his contacts and reply YES2.  The only problem is these texts are going out in batches to customers until the 15th, so it might be a good idea for him to wait until the 15th before sending his response.

Tammer9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New customer here, awesome!

mitchnet12

I have a friend that unsubscribed from the text reminders. Would anybody have experience with having those notifications re-instated? Could they technically not be elegible for the promotion?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Nice to see this again this year! 

@brettster99 wrote:

@purewater @dabr @will13am @J_PM 

I tried to speed it up. Didn’t work 

C6E48A9E-78A5-4470-8E50-834C9D8DB58B.png

This is the same message as last year if a customer sends to reponse without first waiting to receive the text message from Public Mobile.  Customers need to wait until Public Mobile sends the text message to each specific customer (or the account otherwise marked as eligible).  Each account will become eligible some time from now until December 15.

@purewater wrote:

I checked my account and they already applied after I reply YES2

The add-ons are not named differently, so it is hard for me to tell whether I got this year's bonus or not.  

purewater

I checked my account and they already applied after I reply YES2

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh crap you are right. @will13am  PLEASE I BEEN GOOD BOY @J_PM 

@brettster99 wrote:

I wonder if this message has meaning, like you are not going to get the offer anymore.  🤣

Thanks @will13am  and  thanks @brettster99 for testing it.  I guess I will wait patiently 

Surprise posts not flood in asking why they don't get the text.  Last year was pretty much instanntly on day 1

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @will13am what is the short code this time??

4911.  I checked my account and I am not sure I got the reward yet.  The announcement does not say when it is applied.  

purewater

I got text at 2:44pm today. I reply with a YES2

image0.jpeg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Thanks once again PM for more free data and international minutes.  Great tradition!  😊

Need Help? Let's chat.