cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

SteTem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ive tried firefox and chrome with no luck

hopefully tomorrow will be a merrier day for me

It really wouldn’t matter when the announcement happened, everyone would log in and bog the web site down to a crawl even if this were July 1. Exact same thing happened last year.

The best way to speed it up for everyone is to forgo claiming your gifts in order to help others. Or maybe just delay claiming them for a week or three. Once you’ve been here for awhile you stop complaining about small annoyances as they really are put here on purpose. If everything ran perfectly smooth here ... too many Telus and Koodo customers would migrate to Public Mobile and adversely affect the companies earnings. Life is full of trade offs.

AE_Collector

SteTem

Thank You

I will try a different browser

victorialu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Merry Holidays

@SteTem wrote:

Ive tried several times and all i keep getting is verification expired

is this the error that was posted

You might want to try later. The servers might be overloaded with everyone after the free promo and draw entry. Lots of time. Deadline is end of the month.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SteTem wrote:

@SteTem   It's hard to know because I've a feeling customers are getting different error messages.  Try clearing your cache/cookies and and use a fresh browser before retrying.

SteTem

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ckl wrote:

Can't enter the contest... Keeps asking me to "Please enter the valid Number" under the "Your Public Mobile phone number". I've tried every combination of number formats I could think of. What phone number format are you guys using?

@ckl  It worked for me after eliminating hyphens and spacing in the number format, ie: 2345678901. 

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can't enter the contest... Keeps asking me to "Please enter the valid Number" under the "Your Public Mobile phone number". I've tried every combination of number formats I could think of. What phone number format are you guys using?

Oneshot

That is a response i would get from the big guys bell and Rogers.

Dont get me wrong i am happy with PM been great and cheap.

Next yr roll this out sooner and let people collect freebees earlier, and have your tech team prepared for the onslaught of users

Oneshot

nice promo, if I could even get to website lol

try back in a few days, you got to be kidding right

sa7375

@Fandango1978 

These will remain available to you for month(s) & year(s), that is, for as long as you haven't consumed these. These gifts keep rolling over to the next year till exhausted. Hope that helps!

You are in and with the right company, the PM. 🙂

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for thinking of your customers.  This is a great offer for everyone to enjoy.

jor123

Pretty sure the same thing happened last year with self serve going unresponsive with all the extra load from the holiday rewards. Either way, it's great to see the extras being offered! 

jor123

This is awesome, thanks for doing it again this year! 

jor123

For me nothing happens after I click Enter Contest (no message, or error or anything else) 

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Love "More is Merrier"!  Considering the crazy year that it has been, thanks for making it merrier with the free gifts.  Happy Holidays PM!

MikeCheck

It says, "Please enter correct number".  I have entered my correct number.

What is going on?

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the free gifts PM!  Keeping my fingers crossed for the contest! 

nikgenius

Thank you but the selfserve webpage/portal is down.

I just tried from multiple devices and both from phone data and home internet.

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The free add-ons were finally available on my account!  Added them!  Yay!  Thanks PM!

mkg20

This is such a nice surprise! Especially that I just recieved a message that I am 75% to the end of my data haha!

kaytus

Good luck to everyone for this contest. The add-ons. while a small thing are nice to receive as an existing customer and the Newbie

@Bandsaw wrote:

I think it is right on that PM is doing this annual event for it's members.

However, these offers see the server absolutely flooded each year.  I am now into hour 2 of trying to apply these offers to my three accounts.

Why not just add these gifts automatically to any qualified account holders instead of making us go through this awful server experience?

(@mh1983 I can answer your question above!)

PM should get some appreciation from customers for doing this but if they just add it to customers accounts, large numbers of customers wont even realize it was added and is a gift. Even if they unknowingly use it that doesn’t stand out to them as a good deed from PM. Thus no playing up PM to friends and relatives comes from that. I see no problem with asking people to claim it as a gift in order that they actually see it as a free gift. 

JMHO AE_Collector

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Thanks for the FREE items PM.  Here is something for all customers for those saying PM never does anything for existing customers!!!

Exactly! What will they complain about now? 😉 Thanks so much, PM! Happy holidays, all, enjoy the add ons, and best of luck in the contest!

@Ed404 wrote:

Yay! Public Mobile is finally doing something for existing customers! I still haven't used any of my rewards from last Christmas I just like hoarding stuff 😋

Hi @Ed404 , good to hear from you. Yeah Many of us like hoarding these freebies! I have used a little bit of the 1Gb of data we got last Christmas.

AE_Collector

@Dunkman wrote:

@Catherine_T 

Thanks for another gift.  Happy holidays.

Just to clarify.

Is this long distance add on special?  

The new long distance international add on does not include Canada and US and is only for 300 minutes.  

My first thought as well. I haven’t paid too much attention to the new LD plans but I too thought there was a Canada plan (yes the $5/500 add-on), a US plan that maybe is actually US and UK, an International plan for a bunch of other countries EXcluding Canada and US etc....

AE_Collector

@Bandsaw wrote:

However, these offers see the server absolutely flooded each year.  I am now into hour 2 of trying to apply these offers to my three accounts.

Why not just add these gifts automatically to any qualified account holders instead of making us go through this awful server experience?

@Bandsaw It would be great if PM did that. But there really is no rush or need to try for 2 hours, you have the next 30 days to sign up.

Bandsaw

MrBidwell

I don't think you can right now, there seems to be a bug.

Here is the bug, until this is fixed it's useless to apply: 

vendor_8bc400a8c337b5925c79.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) a: Bad Request
at r (https://publicmobile.ca/static/vendor_8bc400a8c337b5925c79.js:2:196157)

Need Help? Let's chat.