Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer Than Normal Support Wait Times

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times for support tickets due to high volumes. Our team is diligently working through each request and will respond to each ticket as soon as possible. 

To ensure that you get a resolution to your issue as soon as possible, follow these tips: 

We thank you for your patience as we work to get to every support ticket. 

- The Public Mobile Team

72 REPLIES 72

KCda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am curious to know whether the longer than usual wait times relates to your decision to remove the rewards program, effectively increasing the cost of plans.  Your customer loyalty program is effectively gone, along with addressing your customer inquiries about the change.  This is unfortunate.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman 

Thank you. I now have a pressing issue on top of the other couple of issues that need addressing. Nothing seems to be working as far as accessing support. You would think that with all of the money they are saving by canceling the rewards program that they might spend a little to fix things around here?!!

Edit: FYI...I just sent a new private message.🤞

@funpig1 wrote:

@Tiana_V @Dunkman @RavingRaven 

What does PM do with the unanswered messages ot tickets?

Some of mine are a month old and there was never a formal reply or acknowledgment. Do they just go into the trash?

@funpig1 

I have a feeling that your tickets were not registered initially for some reason.  Assume that they are gone now.  

If still issues, need to submit another ticket.

Here is what suppose to happen:

The Cx's journey goes like this: they send a ticket/ private message on Day 0. Usually in up to 48 they get a response from CS_A. Let's day they get it on Day 1. If Cx does not reply, during the next 24 hours there is a follow-up message and Cx are warned their message will be closed if unanswered. If Cx still does not reply, their ticket/ private message gets closed on Day 3. 

@RavingRaven 

I tried to update your situation on the oracle side.  No response yet.  

funpig1

@Tiana_V @Dunkman @RavingRaven 

What does PM do with the unanswered messages ot tickets?

Some of mine are a month old and there was never a formal reply or acknowledgment. Do they just go into the trash?

RavingRaven

@funpig1 

Lol...but seriously I might have to because I still have no reply.

funpig1

@RavingRaven 

Maybe, you should file a complaint to CCTS and get them to intervene with regard to delayed response. Good luck .

RavingRaven

@Dunkman 

Losing faith. 48+8 hours since I submitted a ticket with the chatbot. 17 days since my initial message. I'm going to send a follow up message to my ticket and pray. I don't know what else to do? Completely unacceptable level of service.

RavingRaven

@Dunkman 

Thank you I did submit a ticket via the chatbot yesterday. I will wait another 24 hours before sending a follow up message.

@RavingRaven 

According to CSAs, the backlog is caught up and wait times for initial contact from CSA is within 48 hours.

There has been a discussion in the oracle forum about wait times for CSA response.  I used your case as an example of the delay.  According to PM, your  "tickets" did not show up on their end at all.  Did you private message or submit a ticket via the chat bot?   You may need to resubmit your request.    Might want to screenshot the confirmation of ticket for verification purposes. 

If anybody has not gotten a response from their initial request within 48 hours, they should resubmit the request.  If you tried ticket via chat bot initially and it did not work, try to directly private message CS_Agent.  And vice versa.  If you used private message initially, then try the chat bot next. 

RavingRaven

@Tiana_V 

Two weeks. Three separate "tickets" submitted. 6 follow up messages sent.

0 response from customer support. What gives?

@Austinlc12 wrote:

Hi I can't login because I'm on a new device no access to my sms  and no code is being sent to my emai

@Austinlc12 

Website is finicky.  Try to clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  If still unable to receive email 2FA code, then you will need to contact customer service agent.

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Austinlc12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I can't login because I'm on a new device no access to my sms  and no code is being sent to my emai

Jack16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Si vous poser la question a vos problème a la communauté quelqun peut peut être vous répondre et peut être pas, car dans la communauté je viens ici que de temps en temps,

Pour que un agent puisse vous répondre dans les deux jours faut demander au robot Chabot et demander un ticket , aussitôt que tu aperçoit le ticket tu cliques dessus et écrit ce que ta besoin, on terepondra en dedans de deux jours 

RavingRaven

@cliffordruns 

Start over and submit a new support ticket via the chatbot or a new private message. Send a follow up message after 48 hours if no reply is recieved.

Only use a charge back if you intend to leave Public Mobile for ever. Make sure you port out first.

cliffordruns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It has been a month since I've received any kind of response! When is someone going to resolve my issue? I'm ready to request a credit card chargeback

RavingRaven

@computergeek541 

Sorry. Poor terminology. I meant performed by Telus employees who live in other countries (for the most part) and do not use Public Mobile service personally.

Regardless what do you suggest I do to get the attention of customer support after 9 days? 2 support requests sent by both methods each with 2 follow up messages?

@RavingRaven wrote:

3 more days still no reply. Luckily my urgent issue seemed to resolve on its own but even that support request has been ignored? What is going on with support? Even before outsourcing support recieving a reply rarely exceeded a week.

Support isn't being ourtsourced.  Public Mobile customer support agents are all Telus employees.  This hasn't been outsourced for more than 5 years.

RavingRaven

3 more days still no reply. Luckily my urgent issue seemed to resolve on its own but even that support request has been ignored? What is going on with support? Even before outsourcing support recieving a reply rarely exceeded a week.

funpig1

@furball1  -103 dbm is not bad. I am dealing with -125 dbm at My home location which is terrible and explains my drop calls and slow speeds. Technical support has confirmed that my issue is linked to a known issue and they're trying to resolve it for me. All I can do is wait.

These are a couple of easy things you can try to see if they help make your calls more stable. The steps can reduce but not necessarily eliminate your problem.

Go to phone settings and set your network type to "LTE" (or even 3G); just remember to switch back to 5G if you want faster mobile data speeds.  Turn off the automatic network selection and manually select Public Mobile. Click reset network or switch airplane mode on and off occasionally. Restart your phone every once in awhile. See if these steps makes a difference in your location. 

Try changing your location to a strong location area. You can use the coverage map and a tower locator app to find a Telus tower. If you can get signals stronger than -95 dbm and still have dropped calls, then there's something seriously wrong with your phone or the way that your phone interacts with the network. Try putting your SIM cards in a different phone to see if the problem persists. If it does not, it may be in that you need to upgrade your phone.

If you continue to have a coverage issue at your home location, contact PM by messaging CS_Agent. They can refresh the network on their end. If problems still in persist, it may well be that the network hardware/network in your area needs to be upgraded to fix the problem or to accommodate the number of users in your neighborhood. There is a reason that Telus needs to spends $73 billion over the next few years and maybe your particular location is a target area for a few bucks.

Also, note that it takes two to tango. If there's a particular person that you are having dropped calls with regardless of your location and signal strength, find out what network the other person is on, their location, signal strength and phone model. It may be that the dropped calls are a result of the other guy and has nothing to do with you. 

Good luck.

RavingRaven

@funpig1 

Thank you for your advice. While my support request was not an urgent one I do have one now.

RavingRaven

@furball1 

Change your network setting to 3G.

furball1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My cell calls are dropping frequently now and my signal strength from home Here in Hamilton is -103 dBm. This is really annoying! What is your advice about fixing this issue?

Thank you.

funpig1

@RavingRaven   Just be patient and persistent. And when you get a response, be civil. It is not the agent's fault that there is such a huge backlog. Once I got a hold of an agent, we had several back and forth messages to address a host of issues.  They even escalated a coverage issue to Telus tech support and I actually received a telephone call from a live person!   Good luck.

RavingRaven

I guess I'm joining the queue. 5 days no response. Sent a follow up message after 48 hours and still no reply. Sent another today. 🤞

Jack16

J'ai reçu 5g de public mobile pour fidélité et probablement pour avoir accepté de changer pour le nouveau système de récompense 

funpig1

@Sansan this morning, I received subsequent message where PM returned 5 GB of the 240 GB loyalty bonus data (and reset the 150/150 days expiry), which is acceptable to me under the circumstances.

smurfit

For a so called "self-serve carrier" they are not giving us enough control of our services. Requiring us to submit tickets to do simple tasks like turning off a buggy feature like VOLTE is ridiculous. 

@funpig1  I'm glad you finally had a response. Sorry to hear of the refusals. Boy are they sticking to their guns!

I have a plan on the original $15 250 mb never switched.

When I asked to switch for the Boxing day, they denied it. I asked again to switch to this new $21 plan they denied again!! I escalated to a 'manager ' who said no and that I will continue to get the same answer each time if i ask!!! They are not will to give me one time exception here. 

Oh well.

Guess we have to keep 👀 the shop to see what comes up. 

funpig1

@Tiana_V   

It took 23 days, two tickets and six separate threads before I received a response from a @CS_Agent .  The crazy thing is that the agent only responded to my dormant message thread from January, 4 months ago. When I finally got the attention of an agent, I got him to deal with my outstanding inquiries from the last 3 weeks.

Results:

- No immediate solution for dropped calls/slow data speed in our area. Request for for installation of additional transceiver was noted and hopefully escalated.

- Refusal to switch on any promo texts for me.

- Refusal to switch me from $15 plan to new activation $21 4G 3GB plan. When I pointed out that I was able to get a switch to a new activation plan during boxing week deals, they said that was a one-time exception. 

- Finally, refusal to return any of the cancelled so-called loyalty bonus.  [EDIT:  The following morning, CS_Agent returned 5 GB of the 240 GB bonus data (and reset the 150/150 day expiry), which is acceptable to me under the circumstances]

It took a long time to achieve nothing. I have no complaints about the specific agent who finally got around to responding to me. It was not his fault that there is such a backlog, probably because of people complaining about the loss of legacy rewards and bonus data, as well as increased new activation issues from existing customers porting out and porting back in to get the plans that they want.

Jack16

Si cela fait plus d'une semaine alors je conseille de renvoyer un autre message pour être certain qu'il est pas égaré, le message envoyé ira a la même place.

Need Help? Let's chat.