cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

@hanh112 You would have to buy a new SIM and activate a new account to get this promotion. You cannot switch your current plan. Would reccomend going to a retail store ie Walmart and activate your account there (You may get a free SIM) . Also, don't forget to add a referral code for an additional $10 credit. If you don't have private message  someone and ask them for theirs.

Regarding cancelingyour old plan remove autopay and it will close itself.

@hanh112 wrote:

I just registered for a 15$ plan a few days ago without knowing that there is a promotion for Lunar New Year. I think I am eligible for the Lunar New Year promotion.

The question is if I switch to 40$, I am still eligible for the promotion, or do I have to cancel the current 15$ plan and buy a new sim card for 40$ plan? 

The promo was as of Jan. 20th. You should be eligible if it is a new account.

hanh112
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just registered for a 15$ plan a few days ago without knowing that there is a promotion for Lunar New Year. I think I am eligible for the Lunar New Year promotion.

The question is if I switch to 40$, I am still eligible for the promotion, or do I have to cancel the current 15$ plan and buy a new sim card for 40$ plan? 

My math is really bad. When I closed the browser window, I realized, how bad my math was...$40-10 = $30 - $2= $28! I realized you already factored in the auto-pay in! hehe

@mpcdesign wrote:

@ShawnC13 

And if you refer them to Public Mobile, you could make the change and say, you will even save even more with the auto-pay too + the $10 credit that they receive!

Granted, the auto-pay will be set-in after the promo is over, and the $10 credit will be used up in a month too. 

ETA.  WOW: 5GB for $26 for 8 months that is a great deal!!

@mpcdesign  your first renewal with autopay and a referral would be $16 then the next 7 renewals would go to $28

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

And if you refer them to Public Mobile, you could make the change and say, you will even save even more with the auto-pay too + the $10 credit that they receive!

Granted, the auto-pay will be set-in after the promo is over, and the $10 credit will be used up in a month too. 

ETA.  WOW: 5GB for $26 for 8 months that is a great deal!!

@lwu no, the $5 credit will appear in your account within 30 days and be applied in months 2 to 9. As long as you don't switch and your account is in good standing .

@lwu wrote:

I activated a 15$ plan today but I do not see this promote applied to my account. Do I have to enter some kind of promotion code?

@kelvin2 The credit will appear within 30 days. And will be applied in months 2 to 9. Welcome to PM .

@kelvin2 wrote:

I activated my plan this week and I dont see the credit on my account

kelvin2

I activated my plan this week and I dont see the credit on my account

@lwu wrote:

I activated a 15$ plan today but I do not see this promote applied to my account. Do I have to enter some kind of promotion code?

@lwu  You are eligible and should get the promo automatically.

Heres how it works:

You pay full price upon activation ($15 + taxes).

Your 1st renewal will be discounted:
+ $5 promotion discount
+ $10 referral credit if you used a referral code
+ $4 off if you registered your card for AutoPay ($2 x 2)

Discounts for renewals 2 thru 8:
+ $5 promotion discount
+ $2 off if you registered your card for AutoPay

Discounts for subsequent renewals:
+ $2 off if you registered your card for AutoPay

Also any surplus credits earned will remain on your account (for future use).

Emilyweaver16

lwu

@electrical2771 
Sometimes London Deugs gives the SIM Card free with an activation as well. London Drugs is in the west but not sure about the east. If you have access to them I would try them before Walmart as Walmart seems to be one complaint after another on here but not London Drugs.

Make sure you have the referal code from your wife's account and a bit of the account info concerning your phone to help get the port done when you head there.

AE_Collector

@Loks Yes it will. But since you are going up to a higher plan, you may try contacting a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen .This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). Welcome to PM .

@Loks wrote:

Question: I just set up a $25 prepaid plan that has 1GB of data. If I change my plan during the promo to the $40 plan with 5GB will the promo credit stop occuring?

Loks

Question: I just set up a $25 prepaid plan that has 1GB of data. If I change my plan during the promo to the $40 plan with 5GB will the promo credit stop occuring?

kuri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@electrical2771 wrote:

When does the promo end?

I asked earlier too. Apparently it's still not determined. I assume the mods will update the first post once there is a known date.

Some people think the promo will end on Jan. 30th to match the end date of Lucky Mobile's promotion.

electrical2771

When does the promo end?

@raulg try going to a Walmart ,some of them will give you a free SIM if you activate your account through them.

@raulg wrote:

How do you get the SIM for free? I was planning on going to a London Drugs or ordering it on Amazon.

@electrical2771 , no one knows when it will end. We only know that when it's announced you will have up to 12 midnight eastern to take advantage of it. The rule is still the same 1 account per email address. You can use email aliases.In order to get the promotion it may be beneficial to you to activate immediately with a temporary number. Then port your chair number over frommy account  . Also, as far as Im aware, there are no problems with porting from chatr. Go to the same Walmart, if you activate with them, you may get a free SIM.

@electrical2771 wrote:

1. I already have a PM phone number in my name which my wife uses and I am Currently with chatr but was thinking of transfering over. Is it still policy/rule with PM that each line must be linked to a different email address? 2. What is the procedure for porting from chatr to PM? 3. I was at a Walmart today wanting to buy a PM sim card but the guy said that he could only sell if it is a new activation, is this true or bs?  4. When does the $5 or $10 dollar off sale end?

raulg

How do you get the SIM for free? I was planning on going to a London Drugs or ordering it on Amazon.

electrical2771

1. I already have a PM phone number in my name which my wife uses and I am Currently with chatr but was thinking of transfering over. Is it still policy/rule with PM that each line must be linked to a different email address? 2. What is the procedure for porting from chatr to PM? 3. I was at a Walmart today wanting to buy a PM sim card but the guy said that he could only sell if it is a new activation, is this true or bs?  4. When does the $5 or $10 dollar off sale end?

@whhjust The promotion is still valid. So you got it. They are pretty good at honouring them here.  And @rioluk  mentions when it comes in. And it will be applied from months 2 to 9. Welcome to PM. 

@whhjust wrote:

How do I confirm I get this promotion? I just activated and port in is in still in progress.

rioluk

@whhjust wrote:

How do I confirm I get this promotion? I just activated and port in is in still in progress.

The $5 or $10 credit will be applied to your account automatically within 30 days, if you just activated earlier today, I think you should be qualify.

whhjust

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to PM @autumnborn . Glad to hear that it all works. 

@autumnborn wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. 

Everything went ok, and I got my old number ported in just about 30min or so...  so far so good!

rioluk

@autumnborn wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. 

Everything went ok, and I got my old number ported in just about 30min or so...  so far so good!

Welcome to the PM family, enjoy the service.

autumnborn

Thanks for the welcome. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@autumnborn 

Welcome to PM.

autumnborn

I just got this and I am now waiting to be ported....  hi everyone!  

Yes they very recently started doing this, leaving them open ended. I believe that they promised to announce the end of this one in the community on the morning that it would end, presumably ending at midnight eastern. It would be nice to have several days notice on an open ended promos expiry but 8-12 hours is better than no notice.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.