cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How would that work when porting over from Koodo prepaid and needing the mods to complete the port.  It says "online or in store" neither of which is possible coming from Koodo prepaid.

@Basienka 

Are you attached to your number?

You can just abandon it and save a bit more.

You will need to pay $10 for the new sim, so it is total savings of $30. 

Just don't forget to remove your credit card info so that you don't get charged on both accounts

sandalwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you refer someone to public mobile during this promo does the referer get their referal fee and $1 every 30 days off their bill still ?

@Basienka wrote:

Very frustrating, I signed up a couple of weeks ago for the $15 plan missed all these great promos.  Any chance Public Mobile is willing to work with me on this? As a senior any money saved is a really big deal.

Very unlikely, sorry I know it's frustrating but that's always the case for existing customers.  Your best option is to port out and then port in if you feel it's worthwhile, or activate a new account with a new number if the savings are worth it? 

Basienka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Very frustrating, I signed up a couple of weeks ago for the $15 plan missed all these great promos.  Any chance Public Mobile is willing to work with me on this? As a senior any money saved is a really big deal.

@Luddite wrote:

@Organixca wrote:

Hey,

I am SOOOOO desapointed..... I activated 10 days ago!

Those offers are always an affont to those who are already clients and a way of making business for big corporation.....

I though that your company would be different, but no.... 

Johanne Poulin

@Organixca Indeed, one of the very annoying practices among service suppliers. If you are not wedded to your phone number, do the math and consider opening a new account. You could also port out and then back in, provided it's worth the aggro.

@Organixca   That's a great suggestion by @Luddite for porting out and then porting back in if you feel it's worthwhiile to take advantage of the new promo.  The cheapest plan to port out to would be Bell's prepaid plan of $5/10 minutes plus the cost of a new SIM, then you could port back to PM.  You could lock in the promo by activating a new account with PM and then port back the number for Bell?

@Luddite 

I'm sure somebody out there is thinking just that.

If Wal-Mart sim is free in their neighborhood, if they just recently started and have no referrals or loyalty especially if they dont need their number, they can just abandon their account for the new one and save $80. 

I'm actually thinking of buying it as a gift for somebody, in already called and sim here is not free, but it's still savings of $70.

I think I'll order couple of sims off of Amazon if they are still discounted.

@darlenereid wrote:

Does this include activations with a referral friend link?

There has never been an offer that was disqualified from having a new customer have someone refer that person. Yes, a new customer can be referred and still take advantage of this new promotion.

@Organixca 

You SO didn't do your homework!! You activated one week AFTER about 40 days of straight promos at PM (about Nov 20 to Jan 3) and now 10 days later you blame "the Big Corporations"? You have to do a bit if research to see that PM kicks in activation promos on a very regular basis. When you activated without a promo what did you think would happen, they would mail you a cheque if they ever ran a promo in the future?

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

A great way to save money for the new year.

@Organixca wrote:

Hey,

Those offers are always an affont to those who are already clients and a way of making business for big corporation.....

Johanne Poulin

Yes it's always disappointing to miss out on specials, but you're lucky it's 10 days, some customers here have missed promo specials by activating a day or two earlier.  But hopefully, you're saving by paying less than what you paid with your previous provider.  Either way, welcome to PM:)

@Organixca wrote:

Hey,

Johanne Poulin

@Organixca Indeed, one of the very annoying practices among service suppliers. If you are not wedded to your phone number, do the math and consider opening a new account. You could also port out and then back in, provided it's worth the aggro.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Organixca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

Johanne Poulin

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Tiana_V 

Is this valid only for today?

All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion

Thanks

That is what it says.  I would doubt that they would split hairs and disqualify an activation that occurred at 3:50pm eastern time. 

@arconk wrote:

Is there any way to lock in the deal while I wait for my sim card to arrive?

@arconk 

Yes this is always an issue with flash sales.

Call your local Wal-Mart and see if they give it for free

You will find an extra sim very useful trust me, even if they don't you are still saving

@arconk wrote:

@arconk  Unfortunately, no. Are you unable to get out to a store? https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

@arconk wrote:

No. You can just go to a Walmart and pickup up a sim card or places like London drugs.

arconk

Great

Don't you just love it

homer

Great promo for new customers 🙂 

darlenereid

Does this include activations with a referral friend link?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@SomeFriend wrote:

No love for new customers again?  You really should start giving us some rate plan discounts, even if it involves, say a upgrade to the next rate plan available in exchange for a discount!

This is for new customers but I am sure you meant existing customers.  PM just gave everyone 1GB of Data and 400 international calling minutes just before Christmas

Plus 1 GB in Sept.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Tiana_V 

Thanks

@totalUser 

Tiana clarified in the Oracle area that all customers who activated today (or later until the promo ends) will qualify.  That line about Jan 20th means that the promo is backdated to include customers who activated earlier today before the announcement was made.

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Tiana_V 

Thanks

It is valid starting today until further notice. We will announce when this offer is no longer available. Although we only announced this at 4pm ET, anyone who activated on January 20th will recieve the offer. 

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Tiana_V 

Thanks

@totalUser  It is on for a limited time.  All plans activated on the 20th qualify for this promo not ones just after 4 PM ET

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Tiana_V 

Thanks

For a limited time. AKA hurry while it lasts.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tiana_V 

Thanks

@SomeFriend wrote:

No love for new customers again?  You really should start giving us some rate plan discounts, even if it involves, say a upgrade to the next rate plan available in exchange for a discount!

This is for new customers but I am sure you meant existing customers.  PM just gave everyone 1GB of Data and 400 international calling minutes just before Christmas

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SomeFriend

Need Help? Let's chat.