Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Time Sale: 5G 60GB Canada-US plan for $50/month on a 90-day plan

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Public_HomepageImagery_Seasonal-Fall.png

Hey Community, 

Get ready to rake in big savings with our October Limited Sale offers. Starting today until October 9th, customers can select the following subscription plans:

30GB for $40 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card.  
  • Available for new activations only. Limited time offer.

Offer Details 

• Unlimited data at a reduced speed. Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted.  
  • First 30GB of data at 5G speeds up to 250mbps 
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • Earn $2.00/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

40GB for $45 $40| 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $5 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• Unlimited data at a reduced speed. Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted.  
  • First 40 GB Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • Earn $2.25/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

Canada-US Plan | 40GB for $50 | 5G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 40 GB Canada-US Data at 5G Speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
  • Earn $2.50/month in points value with our Public Points

50GB for $55 $45 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $10 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• 50 GB Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
  • Earn $3.25/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

Canada-US Plan | 60GB for $65 $50 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $15 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details   

• 60 GB Canada-US Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps

20GB for $39 $34 | 4G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $5 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• 20 GB Data at 4G speed up to 100mbps
  • Earn $1.95/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀ

1GB for $25 | 3G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 1 GB Data at 3G Speed¹
  • Earn $1.25/month in points value with our Public Points

250 MB for $15 | 3G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 250 MB Data at 3G Speed¹
  • 100 min Canada-wide calling
  • Earn $0.75/month in points value with our Public Points
Spoiler
applicable to all offers above*
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • Total data allotment is provided upfront for the 90-day subscription plan at time of purchase. Discounted price we continue post 90-day until the plan is changed on the account.

- The Public Mobile Team

49 REPLIES 49

@Korth_ My personal opinion is that Public Mobile has increased the value of their plans significantly in the last year. I think their goal is that $35-$40+ range, with anything more being gravy. And I agree that they don't seem too interested in that $25 and under segment. It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten much better either.

And plan price aside, they brought back 4G and then 5G, VoLTE, esim, an app, Canada/US plans, made the roaming add-on's better etc. I'm sure there's more.

I was on a $40/5GB 3G plan a little over a year ago, and I was getting ready to jump ship because it was too slow and the higher data bucket plans were way too expensive. Now I'm on a $50 Can/US plan that only costs me $44 with discounts, which is amazing. And if I didn't need US coverage I'd be on the $39 plan, which is incredible value IMO. And I don't need 5G per se, but 4G I do. I'm definitely a more engaged and higher spending customer than I was a year ago.

I'd love to see some options for international roaming outside of the US. Wifi calling would also be a nice to have. A year ago I would have said no chance at PM, but they've really surprised me recently, so you never know. And funny you mention Koodo, because I actually have been thinking since May that Telus may be looking to collapse Koodo by rolling their post paid into Telus and their prepaid onto Public Mobile. I could be out to lunch, but I just don't see the value Koodo brings anymore. It was really telling to me when Public Mobile got an app and 5G access first.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DennyCrane wrote:

... I don't see them adding unlimited data to any of the lower spend plans, as the idea is to provide incentives to move up our spend. As for being able to purchase unlimited throttled data as an add-on, that's an interesting concept. I doubt we'll see that either, but a neat idea that could generate revenue.

The idea is indeed to move customers up the revenue ladder. Public Mobile now supports VoLTE, eSIMs, 5G data - which were all marketed as "flagship" commodities not so long ago, and that is good. But Public Mobile's plans are all designed towards a $50+ "sweet spot", which is definitely higher than the $30-ish or $35-ish or $40-ish plans they used to promote quite aggressively.

I'm happy to have my cheap-cost old dinosaur legacy plan. But in recent years it's become more and more difficult to recruit referrals - Public Mobile is rather high-priced for a "value-tier" brand, it's basically just Koodo in disguise - and without the low costs, the rewards/discounts, the gifts/freebies, there's really nothing compelling about Public Mobile anymore. None of the advantages it used to have, but all the disadvantages of a "phone company without a phone number" (no real physical stores, stupidbot support ticket model, etc) are still in place.

The unlimited/endless/infinite data add-on was Freedom Mobile's idea, not mine. The grand appeal of the thing was that it cost only $5. But such a low price may not be compatible with Telus increase-the-numbers thinking.

hi @geeloo this is not as good but still a good plan for existing subscribers 

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/activation/plans/20GB-4Gspeed

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@geeloo

The $40/30gb plan has been for new activations only. Nothing to do there....but you should be able to schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $45/40gb plan? Same price as your current plan but 10gb of extra data?

geeloo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

***EDIT*** Never mind. It's for new activation only

I'm currently on the 30GB $45 5G plan.

The 30GB for $40 5G plan is not showing as an option for me to change to in My Account. And I prefer this over the $40 40GB/month with a 90 day subscription. 

Can anyone, @J_PM help?

Would sure rather see standard practices be adopted for implementation of volte and 5G. If a phone can use those features with other providers then they should darn well work here.

Thanks for the response though.

RSP93
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your post still indicates you will received US data with the $45 90 day plan. If you could add that to the recent October deals that would be great! 

50GB for $55 $45 | 5G speed | subscribe now

For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card.
Savings of $10 a month with a 90-day subscription
Offer Details

Unlimited data at a reduced speed. Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted.
50 GB Canada-US Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps
Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
Earn $3.25/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

@dust2dust @RSP93 edits completed. The 5G speed carried over into 4G section. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM- Are you sure that 20gb 4G plan gets unlimited 512 data?

@Korth_ PM introduced unlimited data back in May when it launched 5G. It's only currently available to 5G plans, minus the Canada/US plans. We are just customers, but I don't see them adding unlimited data to any of the lower spend plans, as the idea is to provide incentives to move up our spend. As for being able to purchase unlimited throttled data as an add-on, that's an interesting concept. I doubt we'll see that either, but a neat idea that could generate revenue.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM wrote:

"Unlimited" data at reduced speed is nice to see. And 512Kbps is top-tier, far faster than the paltry amounts available at most other operators (SaskTel being the rather obvious exception, for Saskatchewan residents).

I'm not the sort who'd use "unlimited" data much (or at all) - but it's been requested/demanded by a lot of subscribers for a long time - and it's been offered by other providers for a long time - so it's about time Telus Public Mobile actually made it available.

But will it be available only for the specified plans - or for all 5G/4G plans - or for all Public Mobile plans?

And, if it's not available for all Public Mobile plans - will it be available as an optional expires-after-30-days data add-on? (This is something that Wind/Freedom used to offer, and giving your subscribers more add-on options can only mean more add-ons get sold.)

hi @RSP93 it is normal.  Quebec has a different competition from other carriers and their plans are different, there are many Quebec only plans.

RSP93

Just noticed Quebec Residents are being offered a Can/US plan with 50gb for $40 if you sign up for 90 days. 

Wow! That would be nice if that was offered to the rest of Canada

@SusanC2 Same in BC. Only 2 US options. That plan you quoted is not a US plan. 

EDIT: Sorry I see the plan details list Can/US which is an error.

Screenshot_20231003-105926.png

@J_PM 

SusanC2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't see the below Can-US plan that is listed in the US-Can options section in the post above in the options on plans on the website.  In Alberta, I only see the two US-Can options the $50 a month one with no 90 day option or the $65 that is currently discounted to $50 if you sign up for 90 days.  Is the below plan not available in Alberta?  As a note, I do see the below plan in my options, but only Canada wide, not Canada-US.

50GB for $55 $45 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $10 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• 50 GB Canada-US Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps

RSP93

Nice! 

Any chance you will match Freedoms $45 US/Can Plan 50GB plan?

Correction!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM You sure about unlimited data on the $65 Can/US plan? That's not what the website says.

Screenshot_20231003-094420.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @J_PM 

Great lineup of plans!!

Need Help? Let's chat.