Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers affected by slower renewal process

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

10:30 ET - November 19, 2018

Hey Community,

If your plan is renewing between November 19- 21, 2018, and you sign into Self-Serve, you may notice that your plan is showing an expired state, despite the fact that you’ve made a payment equal to the amount due. This is a result of system maintenance that’s causing the renewal process to take longer than usual. You will not lose access to your services during this time and you can continue using the talk, text and data included in your plan as you normally would.

However, there are two things you need to know if you fall into the above category:

• Your plan should move from ‘Expired’ to ‘Active’ by 1PM ET on the day of your renewal. Our system is currently slower than normal, but will catch up by this time.

• When you are in an ‘Expired’ state, you’ll be unable to purchase Add-Ons.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

95 REPLIES 95

LP1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it Safe to Change plans again ?

Is the Glitch fixed ?

Thank You

LP

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

Everything is all new galaxy s9+ bought it outright everything new sim card everything 

@Louis1993

Well it seems like mods are popping in indicating that they're answering things. Look for a red blob in the upper right corner over the little envelope icon. Click on it to see messages.

Did the phone possibly get upgraded to Android 8.1?

@Mary_M

Louis1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything is all new galaxy s9+ bought it outright everything new sim card everything 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

Ya still not working no one email me back yet like I am not happy like we tried everything they need customer support people to talk to like or a live person to talk to in some way. Like I need my phone on this is so stupid like they just took my money like I dont get it

@Anonymous wrote:

@Louis1993 wrote:

Still nothing how do.u add a single dollar only let's me add large amounts 

Are you trying the 611 or are you on the site?

Assuming site. Assuming you have a credit card registered for the usual purpose of autopay.

Click on Payment on the upper menu bar.

Click on One Time Payment big thing below that.

Click the drop-down Payment type and choose Other

Type in an amount. ie. 1

Let me know if my assumptions are wrong.

Please remind of what phone you have and the last provider it was on. (unless it's all new)

I hear ya. But you came here for the rates. This is the support model. When you need internal account/technical assistance then you can only do it through the private messaging system. They have few staff and all these friggin' promos that take all the time away from existing customers.

Louis1993

Ya still not working no one email me back yet like I am not happy like we tried everything they need customer support people to talk to like or a live person to talk to in some way. Like I need my phone on this is so stupid like they just took my money like I dont get it

@Anonymous wrote:

@Louis1993 wrote:

Assuming site. Assuming you have a credit card registered for the usual purpose of autopay.

Type in an amount. ie. 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

Type in an amount. ie. 1

Louis1993

yvonnesmith

Try adding another dollar to your account and see if that works that's what I had to do

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

What was the other option

@Louis1993

Sorry. I had imagined others would pipe in.

It's simple but you might not like it depending on your mood.

Add another $1 manually into your account. Then restart phone.

See what happens.

I like the other trick better because it doesn't cost anything. But it's just a $1 and it'll get used at your next renewal.

But at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Louis1993

What was the other option

Louis1993

Tried the lost and stolen trick still no luck absolutely nothing. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

No what is that what mean slamming all threads sorry. What the trick exactly 

@Louis1993

Slamming is screaming your problem in a bunch of threads. If you'd wait for some replies then you might be able to follow and get things resolved. Instead you slammed a bunch of threads one of which I had replied in but you lost track of it and so carried on slamming.

There's another trick that might work but we'll look at that after you try this one.

The lost/stolen feature:
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Louis1993

No what is that what mean slamming all threads sorry. What the trick exactly 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

A few days r kidding me I need my phone sooner then that like such a inconvenience:-( I need this issue resolved asap this so annoying it says I have a plan on my account when sing in but it says I dont when I call out. Cant text or receive anything and it also took my money says I have 0 funds available so because of the plan so why woul so I have no plan when it took my money and says on my profile I do I need my phone working i have kids like so annoyed right now and upset

@Louis1993

Seems you lost track of all the threads you're slamming.

One of them I had suggested you trying the lost/stolen trick. Did you do that?

Louis1993

A few days r kidding me I need my phone sooner then that like such a inconvenience:-( I need this issue resolved asap this so annoying it says I have a plan on my account when sing in but it says I dont when I call out. Cant text or receive anything and it also took my money says I have 0 funds available so because of the plan so why woul so I have no plan when it took my money and says on my profile I do I need my phone working i have kids like so annoyed right now and upset

Louis1993

@Laur1 @Louis1993 Unfortunately, you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message with subject line, "ACCOUNT PAID - NO SERVICE", to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This pushes you further back in the queue as the system takes into consideration your most recent message.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Laur1

I know I renewed November 20 and I still don’t have service. Now I’m being told I have to add another 15.00 when my plan has been 25.00 for the last 7 months. I still don’t have a phone. I don’t have another 15.00 to put on my phone. Someone needs to fix it!!! And I think you guys owe me. It’s almost been 2 weeks since I’ve had service

Louis1993

Pleaas some one help my phone wont work when I did purchase an add on and it shows on my account that there's an add on but wont let me call or text or anything says I have no plan on my phone if some one could please hell me fix this issue I would appreciate it

Louis1993

My phone wont work I purchased a plan pack for 35 bucks and it wont let me call or anything it just says to me when I try to call that I dont have an add on and I need call the number purchase one. But I do actually have an add on and plan when I sing in online to my account it says I have a plan but it's not working I need my phone to be working I have a kid and need my phone on 

Laur1

Yes expired because I hadn’t topped up yet. So I did and it said I was successful and I haven’t had a phone since. When I call 611 it says I’m suspended!!!

Laur1

I topped up my phone nov 20 and it said ii successfully topped up my acct but yet i’m still suspended. I am ready to cancel with u guys. All I need is someone to call me and for my phone to work. You can reach me at 647-495-4196. I’v Tried logging into my account and I can’t even  do that because its not  recognizing my email now. Help!!!!! I really need my phone to work.

MrsC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try turning your phone off and back on

MrsC

Have you tried turning your phone off and back on again? Sometimes where changes happen you have to pwr cycle the phone for them to go through.

MrsC

Did your phone start working again?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brooke_C since today is the 22nd, is this now resolved?  Or still ongoing?  If it's still ongoing, could you please update the original post with the revised time frame?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sure it would be nice to notify us,  but why would you want them to remind you?  You get your card from the issuing bank prior to the expiry date, you activate your new card when it is received and destroy the old one.

personally, I immediately update all my related information.  I have it setup on 4 or 5 systems, and it takes no time to ensure I’ve completed the steps.

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would make sense that the system would tell the customer that it's expired, as they have the expiry date.  They could also tell the customer why the card is being refused as well too...

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@RS_, is it possible your VISA had actually expired after you signed up for the new plan 90 days ago?  Public Mobile will not tell you the card has expired, because the system doesn’t have that functionality.

youve also stated this was your second manual payment, perhaps it was a new card before you made the first payment with this card, and hadn’t updated the Autopay card details?

The expiry date is a common issue.

@stonechucker   Good info there stonechucker.  Now I have to be extra dilligent in checking my credit card expiry date and renewing my information in a timely manner.  Glad you posted it in this thread for other to see.

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello Everyone. My plan auto renewed on the 19th of November applied auto pay and community credits all is well. Happy Customer

Just sayin lol Lemew

Need Help? Let's chat.