Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers affected by slower renewal process

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

10:30 ET - November 19, 2018

Hey Community,

If your plan is renewing between November 19- 21, 2018, and you sign into Self-Serve, you may notice that your plan is showing an expired state, despite the fact that you’ve made a payment equal to the amount due. This is a result of system maintenance that’s causing the renewal process to take longer than usual. You will not lose access to your services during this time and you can continue using the talk, text and data included in your plan as you normally would.

However, there are two things you need to know if you fall into the above category:

• Your plan should move from ‘Expired’ to ‘Active’ by 1PM ET on the day of your renewal. Our system is currently slower than normal, but will catch up by this time.

• When you are in an ‘Expired’ state, you’ll be unable to purchase Add-Ons.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

95 REPLIES 95

@RS_, is it possible your VISA had actually expired after you signed up for the new plan 90 days ago?  Public Mobile will not tell you the card has expired, because the system doesn’t have that functionality.

youve also stated this was your second manual payment, perhaps it was a new card before you made the first payment with this card, and hadn’t updated the Autopay card details?

The expiry date is a common issue.

RS_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You’re a life saver. Thanks a million.

Just deleted my VISA from autopay. Re-entered all my card/address/expiry information, same as I originally did when I signed up for autopay. Then… attempted to make $1 payment… SUCCESS. Then I made full payment for the 90 day plan (balance remaining) despite having my autopay function enabled. SUCCESS for my second manual (VISA) payment as well.

Logged out of my self-serve account… rebooted phone… and all works (as it was supposed to begin with). Not sure what the glitch was with Public Mobile but my bank did narrow it down to VISA expiry info that was being rejected. Anyway, it’s working now. New plan is recognized, payment accepted in full, and reward discounts were applied in full (in my case my custom plan was $90 minus reward discount of $12 = $78 + tax.

Done, done and done. Thanks again!

LP1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RS_ wrote:

I just attempted to make $1 payment… received an instant error message “Unable To Process Transaction” on the screen from Public Mobile. Called my bank and I was told that the $1 was declined due to “incorrect expiry date” on VISA card. Which makes no sense. The same VISA card number / info that has been used on Public Mobile autopay countless times in the past.

Then, out of curiosity, I asked my bank if Public Mobile has made ANY attempts to withdraw ANY funds today (Nov.20th)… the bank reply was “absolutely zero payment requests were made by Public Mobile either today or yesterday” against my VISA other than my own failed payment attempt of $1+tax. Last Public Mobile payment was August 22nd, with my 90 day plan renewal today = November 20th.  

I’l speculate that Public Mobile is (i) having another major issue when people switch from legacy plans to current plans; (ii) the payment issue is larger than expected on their part; or (iii) people that are on plan renewal between November 19th – 21st are the unlucky ones without ANY service, and are unable to make any payment in any fashion.

Rebooted my phone again (20th time today) for good measure… and still nothing. Wasted hours out of my day today and still no answers from Public Mobile directly.

Thanks to all those people for their attempts at helping. I’ll wait until midnight rolls over, to see if it resets automatically (not much faith at this point unfortunately)… exhausted all options at this point. Just waiting for a private message from Public Mobile rep…

When I paid my Dollar I had to enter my card number info even though I am on autopay Visa.

It took me approx 4 hours of fiddling trying different combinations to find the right order, I Should have made better notes.

LP1

@Anonymous wrote:

@LP1 wrote:

Yes I did know that, thank you.

But strange as this might sound when there is an allergic reaction on a School Bus it is up to the Driver to administer the epipen and then Immediatly change route to the nearest Hospital

@It's usually useful to either quote the post you're replying to, tag the user with the @ sign or even just type the username so as to know who you're replying to.

Ok I found quote, I did not look hard enough.
I also still look at keyboard when I type. :grin

RS_

I just attempted to make $1 payment… received an instant error message “Unable To Process Transaction” on the screen from Public Mobile. Called my bank and I was told that the $1 was declined due to “incorrect expiry date” on VISA card. Which makes no sense. The same VISA card number / info that has been used on Public Mobile autopay countless times in the past.

Then, out of curiosity, I asked my bank if Public Mobile has made ANY attempts to withdraw ANY funds today (Nov.20th)… the bank reply was “absolutely zero payment requests were made by Public Mobile either today or yesterday” against my VISA other than my own failed payment attempt of $1+tax. Last Public Mobile payment was August 22nd, with my 90 day plan renewal today = November 20th.  

I’l speculate that Public Mobile is (i) having another major issue when people switch from legacy plans to current plans; (ii) the payment issue is larger than expected on their part; or (iii) people that are on plan renewal between November 19th – 21st are the unlucky ones without ANY service, and are unable to make any payment in any fashion.

Rebooted my phone again (20th time today) for good measure… and still nothing. Wasted hours out of my day today and still no answers from Public Mobile directly.

Thanks to all those people for their attempts at helping. I’ll wait until midnight rolls over, to see if it resets automatically (not much faith at this point unfortunately)… exhausted all options at this point. Just waiting for a private message from Public Mobile rep…

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

Yes I did know that, thank you.

But strange as this might sound when there is an allergic reaction on a School Bus it is up to the Driver to administer the epipen and then Immediatly change route to the nearest Hospital

@It's usually useful to either quote the post you're replying to, tag the user with the @ sign or even just type the username so as to know who you're replying to.

LP1

911 works, Yes I did know that, thank you.

But strange as this might sound when there is an allergic reaction on a School Bus it is up to the Driver to administer the epipen and then Immediatly change route to the nearest Hospital.

Texting is available where cell or Radio is not, I would text Dispatch who calls Police and Hospital so they are ready and Police know what is happening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heathermd82 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue

So did you try some of the ideas here? Lost/stolen? Additional $1?

Heathermd82

I'm having the exact same issue

Heathermd82

My text and data are still not working. I renewed this morning. Says I need long distance add on when I try to make calls. I'm calling local. Very frustrating

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the heads up.

Tina1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I add 1$ dollars and restart my phone and it work for me as well 

yvonnesmith

Try putting $1 on your account then restart your phone I don't have auto pay but my phone expired and I topped up and my phone didn't work so I put an extra $ on it restarted the phone and it worked

RS_

My account has apparently been deactivated today even though I have autopay enabled. I selected a change from a legacy plan to a current plan before my renewal date. I’ve used my legacy plan seamlessly since November 2015… but wanted an unlimited international text option - hence the change.

Autopay should have happened yesterday (Nov.19th) with a plan switch occurring today (Nov.20th). Unfortunately neither occurred and now I have NO SERVICE whatsoever. Rebooted phone, logged into my self-serve account, etc.

*OLD* Legacy Plan $105 per 90 days

- 1GB Data

- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk

- Unlimited Canada-wide Text

*NEW* Current Plan $90 per 90 days

- 1.5GB Data at 3G speed

- Unlimited International Text

I need a Public Mobile rep to resolve the issue... STILL WAITING...

dumbdobie1

Yes excellent point you can always dial 911 and it will work regardless of any billing issues etc.

RS_

My account has been deactivated today even though I have autopay enabled. I selected a change from a legacy plan to a current plan, a few days ago, before my renewal date. I’ve used my legacy plan seamlessly since November 2015… but wanted an unlimited international text option - hence the change.

Autopay should have happened yesterday (Nov.19th) with a plan switch occurring today (Nov.20th). Unfortunately neither occurred and as of today I have NO SERVICE whatsoever. Rebooted phone, logged into my self-serve account, etc. I was hoping a Public Mobile rep could help me resolve this issue immediately. Thanks in advance.

*OLD* Legacy Plan $105 per 90 days

- 1GB Data

- Unlimited Canada-wide Text

*NEW* Current Plan $90 per 90 days

- 1.5GB Data at 3G speed

- Unlimited International Text

yvonnesmith

I topped up my phone this morning it expired yesterday I topped up this morning and my account says it's active but I have no data and can't make or receive calls or make or receive texts

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LP1 wrote:

If I have another emergency on my Bus and my cell texting does not work someone could die.

@LP1 I'm glad you got your service back up and running using the $1 manual top-up trick. I wanted to touch on this statement of yours that I have quoted:  you can always call 911 from any mobile phone provided it can get a signal.  You do not need to have an active plan with a carrier to be able to call 911.  As long as the phone has some charge in the battery and can get a compatible network signal, you can call 911.

For reference:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2017/8/rcmp-remind-citizens-deactivated-cell-phones-can-call-911

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ShawnC13

Great question. Unfortunately, if a customer is expired, they won’t be able to purchase an Add-On, even if they were to contact our Moderator Team. You account must be active and have the required funds to do this. 

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @yvonnesmith

Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to have this issue resolved.

Thank you!

Ashley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yvonnesmith wrote:

I tried the lost/stolen and it didn't fix the problem

Did you follow all the instructions for the lost/stolen trick?

If so then carry on to the $1 trick. That's where you manually pay a $1 into your account and then restart your phone again.

yvonnesmith

I tried the lost/stolen and it didn't fix the problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yvonnesmith wrote:

My account says active but I can't make or receive calls or send or receive texts

Good to know. Did you try the possible solutions?

yvonnesmith

My account says active but I can't make or receive calls or send or receive texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yvonnesmith wrote:

My plan expired yesterday and I topped it up this morning and I can't make or receive calls or send or receive texts and I want to know when this problem will be fixed

Did you read recent posts in this thread?

Try the lost/stolen feature.

Failing that then try the extra $1 manual payment.

LP1

You could read the first post and My posts to try fixing it.

LP1

yvonnesmith

My plan expired yesterday and I topped it up this morning and I can't make or receive calls or send or receive texts and I want to know when this problem will be fixed

LP1

12.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

First Thank You to All who helped me !

Cool !

$1 worked.

What a Giant pita,

I see a $10 credit I guess thats for pain and suffering ??

By the way when I say I give up it actually means ok its On ! Bring it !

I am very stubborn I never let a piece of hardware tell me No you cant do that.

My alias says it all.

LinuxPusher

That's a great attitude. I'm the same way with tech. Glad you got it going in the end.

@LP1, the graphic of the transactions at 11:31 you posted, shows two $10 activations today... The last graphic you posted, was it from before, or after you posted that transaction listing?

Can you post another transaction listing from now?

Need Help? Let's chat.