Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers affected by slower renewal process

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

10:30 ET - November 19, 2018

Hey Community,

If your plan is renewing between November 19- 21, 2018, and you sign into Self-Serve, you may notice that your plan is showing an expired state, despite the fact that you’ve made a payment equal to the amount due. This is a result of system maintenance that’s causing the renewal process to take longer than usual. You will not lose access to your services during this time and you can continue using the talk, text and data included in your plan as you normally would.

However, there are two things you need to know if you fall into the above category:

• Your plan should move from ‘Expired’ to ‘Active’ by 1PM ET on the day of your renewal. Our system is currently slower than normal, but will catch up by this time.

• When you are in an ‘Expired’ state, you’ll be unable to purchase Add-Ons.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

95 REPLIES 95

LP1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First Thank You to All who helped me !

Cool !

$1 worked.

What a Giant pita,

I see a $10 credit I guess thats for pain and suffering ??

By the way when I say I give up it actually means ok its On ! Bring it !

I am very stubborn I never let a piece of hardware tell me No you cant do that.

My alias says it all.

LinuxPusher

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

I am concerned to touch anything, I see $30.00 balance so pick my plan again ?

No. Plan Expired. Today. This thread. This answers my question from earlier that stonechucker and I had a little back and forth about.

It sucks that the service isn't working for you. That wasn't mentioned as a possible side-effect of the maintenance. But this is Public Mobile after all 🙂

Maybe now that it says things a little better you could try the $1 trick but with the site how it is these couple days who knows.

And sending a private message to them would probably take longer than this resolving on its own.

LP1

I am concerned to touch anything, I see $30.00 balance so pick my plan again ?

EDIT: I believe this now applies,..

"Your plan should move from ‘Expired’ to ‘Active’ by 1PM ET on the day of your renewal. Our system is currently slower than normal, but will catch up by this time"

LP1

I changed nothing and my bank paid the proper amount today.

Ok this is confusing see pic advice please.9.PNG

@LP1, looking at your transaction history, it appears you've changed to the $10 plan, from your $30 plan.  In fact, you've changed it twice today.

I'm sure this wasn't on purpose.

LP1

yes when in doubt reboot just did again now.

same cannot complete your call.

LP1

7.PNG8.PNG

dumbdobie1

Good luck buddy in reseolving your issue I feel your pain. PM  usually works  great but can be a major headache if you have any issue requiring support.

The mods should eventually resolve this so hang on tight. If all else fails grab a new sim / account and restart from there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

still no service at all, cannot complete your call etc.

And you restarted the phone after all the fiddling?

Did anything change on the overview page?

LP1

still no service at all, cannot complete your call etc.

LP1

did that already BUT...

I did it again this time the button seems to work rebooting cell.

Still "Cannot complete your call"

force search for available networks hangs.

Message says Can't complete your call you dont have long distance add on ??

6.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1:

It looks like you're still in Lost mode. Go back and click on Resume Service. See what happens.

Again...there's maintenance going on these couple days so the site could be troublesome.

LP1

1 more4.PNG

LP1

Screenshots there is an attach option "Photos"

1a.PNG1b.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

The self-serve system has been slow today (this morning at least), not saying it's the cause of your issue, but it may be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

I will be very dissapointed if I need to leave, I have been singing praise for Public Mobile to everyone.

I will try the add $1

EDIT: Will not even try to take $1 hit select amount and next,.. Nothing.

I will pay what it says $20 BUT I better see a correct amount of credit before next payment is due.

I was so happy auto payment no issues now this.

Will noy accept payment funds there.

I give up !

Can you post a screenshot of your overview page and payment history? (blank out personal info of course).

Try another browser or private/incognito mode or clear cache/cookies maybe.

LP1

I will be very dissapointed if I need to leave, I have been singing praise for Public Mobile to everyone.

I will try the add $1

EDIT: Will not even try to take $1 hit select amount and next,.. Nothing.

I will pay what it says $20 BUT I better see a correct amount of credit before next payment is due.

I was so happy auto payment no issues now this.

Will not accept payment funds there.

I give up !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

This did not work for me.

I am becoming more than a bit agitated.

A lot of people depend on me and my Working Cell.

Public Mobile took my $31.64 and Turned OFF my cell.

Another trick to try is to manually put in another $1 and restart the phone.

It has been suggested many times on this forum that for those that need as close to 100% reliability as possible to not use this service and use one of the upper tier services. In the Telus world that's Koodo or Telus themselves.

LP1

This did not work for me.

I am becoming more than a bit agitated.

A lot of people depend on me and my Working Cell.

Public Mobile took my $31.64 and Turned OFF my cell.

EDIT: Says Suspended

If I have another emergency on my Bus and my cell texting does not work someone could die.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bennett9130 wrote:

My service won't work at all. Who do I speak with to fix it?

@bennett9130, @LP1

The point of this thread is that there's some maintenance going on. You might need to wait until 1pm ET. The announcement did NOT say there would be down times though.

Check to verify if your plan says active. If it says Plan Expired in red then you're being affected by the maintenance. If it says suspended in a box along the top then your payment hasn't gone through.

But if it says active then maybe you both could try the lost/stolen feature.

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

LP1

PS My Cell does Not work at all right now.

Message demands more money.

I am paid in full autopay

Bank shows payment in full

LP1

I drive School Bus in a Remote area text only.

Is this a common occurance with Public Mobile when changing plans?

I do not plan any more changes right now.

My cell should work before 2 pm today ?

Can Walmart Public Mobile rep fix it if it does not auto fix itself ?

Thanks

LP

bennett9130
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service won't work at all. Who do I speak with to fix it?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Awesome news @Brooke_C thanks 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the info.  My next renewal is on Nov 24.  I hope that the maintenance will be completed on time and not be extended beyond Nov 21.

Patrick4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve tried both the reboot and the lost/stolen phone. Suspended and reactivate service and still nothing.

Patrick4

I have tried the reboot a few times but I’ll try the lost and found thanks.

@Patrick4, have you tried a reboot of your phone, as funny as that sounds, it could be the fix.

Also, you can attempt setting your service to LOST for 5 minutes, then returning it to FOUND to see if that works for you.

Patrick4

My plan expired on Nov.18 but I didn’t pay it till the 19th @ 12:30am but I have not yet received my service back. Online it shows I paid and I’m active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, the final step before renewal is complete is the Expired stage.  Why would it be in suspend, if Brooke has said expired 3 times?

I don't know why you're picking a fight. I understand that plans go to Expired state first. Then they go to a pseudo-suspended state. Then they get the payment and renew.

My question for clarity in light of your comments is...is the status going to stay as Expired throughout this time rather than the normal pseudo-suspended?

How's that? Is that better? I can read that she said expired repeatedly. I just wonder if that's what's going to happen. I try not to assume. It's hard sometimes but there it is. People do type things that might not be clear from time to time.

Need Help? Let's chat.