cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Important Service Update

Mine still hasn't been rectified - I still don't have any service on either of my public mobile numbers. Contacted moderators days ago, and all I got was 'we're working on it'

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone able to confirm how long this particular "dropped calls" issue has been going on, because mine have been getting dropped for weeks, in the evenings. Sometimes after 15-20 mins, sometimes after 30 mins. 

I'd like clarification if what I've been experiencing is the same issue, or something specific with my account.

JHC

I have two numbers with them. One on a $30 account has had issues since 23rd April (had started working the other day, but quit again yesterday evening and now has no service - presumably when they "fixed" the $15 accounts).

One on a $15 account has had issues since this tuesday. That one has some service - i.e. will receive texts and has internet access, but won't send any outgoing messages.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For me it started May 1st at around 4:30 pm til about 6pm. My calls were dropped randomly. 

SL5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the update. I experiance the dropped calls for more than 1 week and at least now I know it is not my cell phone issue.  

Mayor / Maire

@SL5 wrote:

Thanks for the update. I experiance the dropped calls for more than 1 week and at least now I know it is not my cell phone issue.  

Exactly right! Now you know. Wouldn't it have been preferable to come here asking questions to see that "oh it's a known issue" when it becomes known rather than a day or two later. And go away thinking I guess they're on it.

Sure, customers can add their comments to a growing list of affected customers before it has become a known issue. It's at that point that announcements of acknowledgment need to be made. FAR sooner than what they currently seem content to do which allows these large-scale upset customers to fester.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@SL5 wrote:

Exactly right! Now you know. Wouldn't it have been preferable to come here asking questions to see that "oh it's a known issue" when it becomes known rather than a day or two later. And go away thinking I guess they're on it.

Sure, customers can add their comments to a growing list of affected customers before it has become a known issue. It's at that point that announcements of acknowledgment need to be made. FAR sooner than what they currently seem content to do which allows these large-scale upset customers to fester.

Absolutely agree.  Unfortunately, this is their standard operating procedure.  The users end up being exasperated at the lack of information.  A fews days for most people affected, but frustrating nonetheless.  Can't imagine waiting several weeks if my account's security were ever breached.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for finally acknowledging the issues and assuring us that you are working on it.  It's about 3 weeks late, but at least it's here.

Based on how this incident has been handled (or not handled) up to this point, I have lost pretty much every bit of confidence I have in PM to offer a reliable service.  I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you fix the issues quickly and learn (A LOT) from these two incidents.  I think this would be a good time to implement some incident tracking policies, sit down and fill out some lessons learned and SHOW us how you're going to improve in the future.  Just coming out and saying "we think it's fixed, let us know" will not be sufficient.  

I get dropped calls at any time it seems......and it's more then an "issue". In today's world of communication, it's a catastrophe.

Are any details available regarding the dropped calls?  Every call I've had in the past couple weeks that's been more than a couple minutes long seems to have dropped at least once.