Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

ambkms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Issue not resolved. I have had at least 10 dropped calls today, 5 being in the last hour.  Crazy service!

JoeBush

5 dropped calls within 30 minutes.

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can confirm that the issue persists for both of my lines(S7 and S6) as of just an hour ago or so.  Have reached out to the moderators but wanted to add my voice here about the problem not being resolved.

Ron22

Hi, I having lots of drop calls, Friday  was so bad drop call every minute. 

Today it was dropping calls again.

sinmaxmedia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @hairbag1 

Yeah, I've read the comments and am aware of the issue. I chimed in simply to offer insight to the mods who posted a fix at 12pm PST today. My latest dropped calls have occurred since then. They asked us to provide feedback. Maybe I'll double up and do the same on the link you supplied.

Cheers.

UPDATE: Posted feedback to moderators as well.

primarytech

And now it’s every 3 mins dropped calls. Wow. Yeah me thinks I’ll just burn rest of my data and port out. 

@lukeg wrote:

Calls dropping on me constantly. Even when I have full strength connection. I use my phone for work and this is starting to look very unprofessional. Just paid for my bill up until July...is there any way I can be reimbursed for June and switch providers?

Don't blame you but PM is a pre-paid service so there are no refunds. Good luck wherever you go.

JoeBush

I've had so many I've lost count.

primarytech

5:31 - 14 min call got disconnected. 3 beeps. Nothing has been fixed same old.  

sp1826

I am experiencing same in last 1 week. I thought it might be occational but it is becomng regualr now.

JoeBush

Just had a dropped call. 3:50 PM this date.

@sinmaxmedia wrote:

Telus customer 15 years. Now a Public Mobile customer 1.5 months. 4 dropped called today alone, in the last hour or so (1-3pm PST). I've also experienced maybe 6 or so dropped calls in my regular coverage area (strong network) since I switched over. That would be the equivalent of 2 years worth with Telus. I appreciate they are the same network, however nothing has changed from my end (S8+, same coverage area).

Suggestions?

It's a known issue that they've been working on.

Send a message to moderators and see if they can help...Click this to message them.

Let us know if they help you.

lukeg

Calls dropping on me constantly. Even when I have full strength connection. I use my phone for work and this is starting to look very unprofessional. Just paid for my bill up until July...is there any way I can be reimbursed for June and switch providers?

sinmaxmedia

Telus customer 15 years. Now a Public Mobile customer 1.5 months. 4 dropped called today alone, in the last hour or so (1-3pm PST). I've also experienced maybe 6 or so dropped calls in my regular coverage area (strong network) since I switched over. That would be the equivalent of 2 years worth with Telus. I appreciate they are the same network, however nothing has changed from my end (S8+, same coverage area).

Suggestions?

HNR

Still dropped a call 3:30 pm today.

Secondhandsomke

May 6 2019 

Dropped calls

pm 4:33

pm 4:47

pm 5:01

pm 5:03

Same old story and no reply from moderator

geoteo

I submitted a support request to the private moderator on this issue on May 2, following other advice to do so, and have heard nothing back. This issue started on Friday May 26th while in Whitehorse, YT and has persisted while back in Vancouver, BC up to right now. This is incredibly frustrating and terrible for work calls. This is also the very reason I switched to PM from Freedom - to have a reliable network. For 3 months it has been great but now horrendous. Especially strange because I thought PM uses the Telus network.

The issue is obviously NOT FIXED because it just occurred at May 6 1.54pm.

Can someone advise as to:

- how long does it take to receive a response from the Private Moderator?

- what does PM do, e.g. refund and tech fix, when outages affect the subscription?

- whether similar outages have happened in the past, and if so, how often and for what durations?

I may have to switch providers again. Too bad because to date PM has been awesome.

Thanks.

FY

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

Just to report to you:

I have dropped call three times around 1PM Vancouver time.

ipkonfig

@Secondhandsomke wrote:

Android

Oh ok. My iPhone still shows Public Mobile. That is why I was curious.

ctringham

Hello team,

In the past 4 days I've dropped at least 15 calls. 

I am using an iphone 7. 

Can you please check my account to see if anything needs to be done to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Secondhandsomke

Android

ipkonfig

@Secondhandsomke wrote:

Also wondering if anyone else has noticed the service badge on their phone has stopped displaying "public mobile" and now only displays "telus" I have checked all available networks and its no longer an option but I know when I set up the phones and as recently as 3 weeks ago it said public mobile. Just to be clear Im not talking about apn settings but the provider badge on the lock screen or top left corner.

Are you seeing this in an Android phone or an iPhone?

harsh2767

Hello,

All my calls are dropping today. Was in the middle of two important calls and both got dropped in the middle. Kindly request you to resolve this. thanks,

doctorbe

I am still experiencing dropped calls as of 12:30PM PDT today, May 6th.  I have PM'd the Moderator Team and request your assistance in investigating our lines specifically and whether they are affected by this issue. 

This is affecting our communication with a family member's cancer care team while he is in hospital and is having a huge impact on our lives.  Thank you for your efforts to resolve this.

Secondhandsomke

Also wondering if anyone else has noticed the service badge on their phone has stopped displaying "public mobile" and now only displays "telus" I have checked all available networks and its no longer an option but I know when I set up the phones and as recently as 3 weeks ago it said public mobile. Just to be clear Im not talking about apn settings but the provider badge on the lock screen or top left corner.

tissertc

My line does not have service at all, A WEEK LONG FROM NOW having it paid by automatic payment.

Mia

This is not fixed!!!

I have been droppung calls for over a week and again today 3x already. This frustrating myself and the other people on the other side of the phone. I talk to specials and government people and they don't have time for a dropped call.

nbourdakos

Hello

I have been having issues with this for some time, including off-peak hours. In the last 30 minutes I've had my call drop 3 times, after your announcement was posted and outside of your peak hour window. I don't know if my issue is unrelated, but I ask that you keep looking into this, as this is getting very disruptive.

Nick

tissertc

I have the same problem since the day they took my money by automatic payment, is so nice to not have service from A WEEK BY NOW without any resolution!!!!!!! I have wrote an email to someone from PM who in the pass resolved another similar issue (after many days though) and haven't heard from her. Then I sent a message to a Moderator, same thing, I'm so tired of the Canadian Cellphone Service Rip Off style, people would ask why I'm still with them, simple: We all have different life styles and some of us don't need to pay a fortune for a cheap quality (anyway-comparing US) cellphone service! Is not too much to ask for a reliable service, it does not matter how much you pay for it. POOR SERVICE PUBLIC MOBILE, I have another line with CHATR, they are ok with service but I paid twice than in US in order to have a working line...........

Need Help? Let's chat.