cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Oracle

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

Nice! No more phone number sharing which will help to protect us from privacy concerns and koodo migration issues. But this will lead to posting codes all over the place without any fear. So folks, be careful sharing unsolicited codes here in the community. We will do our best to detect spams. So don't make us report you. 

 

@Alan_K On the activation page, the "Were you referred to Public Mobile?" checkbox is unticked as a default settings. It was set to Yes before this change so i think default setting should leave the box ticked. 


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

I just checked my list of referees on self-serve portal which shows only the last 4 digits of my referee's phone number.  This is a great update to protect the privacy of referees.

Oracle

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

@Alan_K Nice but not perfect. I would like to create my own personalized code, please. Robot LOL


>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

Great!  Thanks for implementing this, PM.

 

I also see, as PM promised, referred customers' phone numbers are now also masked in our rewards page, except for the last 4 digits.

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!


@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K Nice but not perfect. I would like to create my own personalized code, please. Robot LOL


@Alan_K, I've seen someone's code that has zeroes and the letter O in it.  May I suggest not using 1, I, L, 0, and O if at all possible?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

This is great, BUT, I fear that it could still be misused by certain people, EVEN IF it's NOT on the PM Forums.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

Maybe PM should start the Code with first 3 Digits PM0 then the 4 or 5 individual picks, sent off for final approval, then ready to go

 

Like the Code needs to chang EACH time it's been Used

 

One-Time use Referral Code Each time

Oracle

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!


@NDesai wrote:

......

@Alan_K On the activation page, the "Were you referred to Public Mobile?" checkbox is unticked as a default settings. It was set to Yes before this change so i think default setting should leave the box ticked. 


@NDesai 

Well, at least if the box is not checked, the code field is greyed out, so customers would have to check it in order to enter anything.

Oracle

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!


@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

......

@Alan_K On the activation page, the "Were you referred to Public Mobile?" checkbox is unticked as a default settings. It was set to Yes before this change so i think default setting should leave the box ticked. 


@NDesai 

Well, at least if the box is not checked, the code field is greyed out, so customers would have to check it in order to enter anything.


Right, but it should be checked as default just like it was before and assume customer has a referral code rather than customer forgetting about it and later mods have to take care of that. 


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!


@makkahn28 wrote:

This is great, BUT, I fear that it could still be misused by certain people, EVEN IF it's NOT on the PM Forums.


Who cares how it gets "misused". What is misused in this case anyway? Sure the intention is for friends and family but the business gets more customers. That's what *their* intention is. So the referral enables that. And the existing customer gets a little something.