Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points Rewards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are happy to announce the launch of Public Points! 

Starting on January 25, 2022, Public Mobile customers who activate, will automatically be part of Public Points. This means that customers who activated prior to January 25, 2022 will remain on old Public Rewards without any change to the way or amount earned. Don’t worry, these customers can still join Public Points. 

Jade_S_0-1643120205986.png

What is Public Points? 

Public Points is our newly improved rewards program. Sure, we loved Public Rewards, but in our endless pursuit of making things better for our customers, we’ve given it a makeover and made it more flexible than before. 

With Public Points you can:

• Earn points. Public Points are so easy to earn, you’ll be rich in no time.
  • Redeem points. We make redeeming points simple. 1 point earned = 1 dollar when redeemed.  
  • Start saving. Redeem points on things that matter to you - like money off your bill, free add-ons, or the chance to win awesome prizes. 
  • Join whenever you want. Learn more here

Ways to earn Public Points:

With Public Points, earning points is so easy, you  can do it just by saying, "I'm in." And that's actually one of the ways you can earn points – by joining Public Points. There are a lot of other ways you can earn too:

Reward

Points Earned

How do I earn it?

When do I receive it?

One-time

Welcome Present

5 points

As a little welcome present for joining Public Points, we’ll give you 5 points.

Your Welcome Present will be added after we’ve set up your profile, you’ve signed into My Rewards, and you’ve accepted the Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

Reoccurring

Points Back

5% back for every dollar spent

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

Within 48 hours of your spend

Anniversary Points

10 points

For every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversary present!

Note: time spent in suspend status is still counted towards your Anniversary.

On your Anniversary date

Give Back

1-20 points

Earn up to 20 points every 30 days by asking questions, helping others and voicing your opinion on the Public Mobile Community.

Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours. 

Refer-a-Friend

1 point every 30 days / active friend you referred

Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. 

Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code.

Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage. 

Every 30 days from your renewal date

Ways to redeem Public Points:

Unlike some other rewards programs, there isn’t a specific way or time limit to cash-in yourpoints. When and how you redeem your points is entirely up to you! Just keep in mind that 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. Really, that’s it!

Rewards include: 

Catalogue Item

Points Cost

Description

When do I receive it?

Lower Your Bill

15 points

By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

This will be applied to your next renewal

Add Some Extras

Varies

We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming? Add-on a little. Long distance minutes? Add-on some more. Extra data? Add-on a whole lot! It’s entirely up to you..

Add-ons will be added immediately. 

In rare cases, it may take a few hours to appear in your account. 

If you haven’t received your add-on, please contact us for support. 

Jackpot

1 point

Enter our contests for a chance to win some exciting prizes. Contest details vary, but we'll send you an email with all the details whenever we launch new ones.

Contest winners will be contacted soon after contests close. 

Rewards Calculator 

Wonder how many  Public Points you could be raking in? Check outour rewards calculator. This tool will compare your old Public Rewards against Public Points. Simply input your information, and watch your points pile up! 

Note: this tool is only for estimation purposes. There may be inaccuracies between the estimated amount and your actual Public Points earning amount  

How to access Rewards:

My Rewards is your new home for all things rewards - all your points are kept in one neat, little place. Simply sign in with your My Account information to start earning and spending points. 

Do you have more questions about Public Points? Check out these FAQs here 

Thank you Community for your support! Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Happy earning! 

- Public Mobile Team

297 REPLIES 297

KK688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, I'm sticking with the old rewards.  For anyone who has been with PM for a while and intends to stay, the loyalty portion makes the old rewards the clear winner.  I have no interest in wasting points on contests.

@killer23d wrote:

You can't revert, I tried and there is nothing CS can do about it.

@killer23d thank you for the confirmation on that and sorry about the outcome for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rrajnish 

Did you actually sign in and go thru all the steps to switch to the points program or did you just get an email saying you had been switched? If it's the latter then you are still in the rewards program as the email was sent out in error. If its the former them there is no going back unfortunately.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can't revert, I tried and there is nothing CS can do about it.

@rrajnish wrote:

Hi Jade - can I revert back to Rewards program as the points are less attractive than Rewards?

Thanks

@rrajnish, I don't think you can revert back.  This isn't something that you can opt into by mistake there are many steps and a final check box that you have to say you are accepting the new rewards program.  You can raise a trouble ticket by clicking the chat bubble in the lower right corner if you think PM didn't give you enough information and see what happens.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rrajnish

Hi Jade - can I revert back to Rewards program as the points are less attractive than Rewards?

Thanks

@Greg45  if you felt that my comment correcting you as to how to create a trouble ticket was publicly shaming that is unfortunate.  I wasn't sure if you knew the proper way and was just making sure the correct information was out there

Greg45

Thank you. Appreciate your time and effort put in.

If those numbers represent 30 days then I guess they earned it.

Thankfully my life has enough going on to not have the time to 600+ posts lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The absolute minimum 1 post/5 bravos=Top 50%=$1 or 1pt. Your stats reflect the average earned for the top 1% and the higher end of the top 5%'s contribution level. Of course time spent on replies can vary on their length, originality, if they are a copy and paste from the help articles or a members own original post and the time and effort put in to research the answer or commentary within the post. I have many posts that may have taken several hours to compose whereas we all know one word "Congratulations!" in the top contributors thread could earn enough bravos for a top 50% reward and probably a top 25% if one really looked for it.

@Greg45 

I've looked but can't currently find the post but to earn a top 1% reward the post/bravo/solution levels are about:

• 600 to 900 posts
  • 800 to 1100+ bravos
  • 40 to 100+ solutions

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@killer23d wrote:

I always PM the CS team in here because the chat bubble never work for me during the verification part. 

Any chance you got mixed up with the which login they asked for?  It usually will ask you to enter the Community login in the beginning.  Then at the end , before you submit your ticket, it asks you for your self serve My Account login or 4 digit PIN.   It is confusing , and honest a bit trouble to enter both logins in different part of the ticket opening process 

Greg45

Best that you do it quietly or else you'll be publicly shamed by an **oracle** in the Announcements forum.

*rolls eyes and laughs*

@darlicious wrote:

@Greg45 

The absolute historical minimum participation level contribution when compared to the contributions of other members in any one month is 1 post/5 bravos=Top 50%=$1 reward or 1 point. 

1 post = $1

I think the reality is it is around 1.3 cents to 2.5 cents per post 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Greg45 

The absolute historical minimum participation level contribution when compared to the contributions of other members in any one month is 1 post/5 bravos=Top 50%=$1 reward or 1 point. This doesn't mean you will earn a community reward with that contribution just that a member has previously earned that reward.

Somewhere on here I have listed the current contribution levels needed to earn a community reward. I will try to find them for you.....its much harder with this new stupid community forum.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@killer23d

The 250mb data bonus for the $15 plan is already coded to the plan. Autopay registration is not required to recieve the bonus. You should launch a CCTS complaint before your scheduled change plan on next renewal occurs on your current plans promotion. That issue has a legitimate CCTS complaint because pm is not delivering on the promotions monthly plan data bonus.

killer23d

I always PM the CS team in here because the chat bubble never work for me during the verification part. 

Greg45

The post was not about putting in a trouble ticket.

It was about asking a for a clarification about after switching from Rewards to Points as the Excel file posted didn't correlate with what was being offered on the points page.  Specifically, the $2.00 pre-paid credit which is gone on the Excel page but still exists on the Points page.

I've used trouble ticket once when P.M. wasn't pulling my payment via my Visa. The link highlights sending a private message (question) to a customer service representative, which will usually be picked up and responded to within 24 hours.

killer23d

The thread is super long but I started posting the screen shots of the points portal of what you get. The add on are less money on points. Since I was under the assumption from their past emails that I must change over and later found out it's optional, CS couldn't do anything... Therefore I am just going to reduce my spending.

I am not going to give them the satisfaction of fixing the plans page with autopay $2+250MB before my cycle starts. If I am getting charged $15 next month, I will do a brief chat with the rep, take the evidence that they couldn't fix it and let them deal with CCTS. 

@Greg45 that is not the link to put in a trouble ticket.  To put in a trouble ticket you click on the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner of the screen

Greg45

It might be worth a try to put in a ticket and tell them that you clicked on it to see what exactly the points system was about? (it wasn't clearly stated until today when they posted the Excel document today)

$2 auto pay is GONE

One needs to now go into P.M. My Account and direct your points instead of having them automatically applied.

Here is the link if you wish to put in a ticket?

Keep us posted on what transpires.

Greg

killer23d

I changed to the new points system by mistake a few days ago and there was no reverting. The $2 autopay reward is still being advertised on my Plans page and I just changed to $15/m in my next cycle to exhaust all my add on. 

Since the autopay $2 and 250MB bonus is still advertised when I changed, I took a full page screen shot. I will bring this to CCTS if they do not honor what they advertised.

If in fact new points system removes autopay, then my plans page should reflect the new changes. If not, then Telus will have to deal with the consequences. 

Greg45

@Anonymous  

Respectfully disagree, though I am happy you posted your points to give members food-for-thought.

1) the auto pay $2 reward is removed for the points system.

2) currently, I don't even have to log in to have my current rewards applied but would have to check monthly on the new Points system.

3) As far as using the 'points' to purchase add-ons or refurbished phones that really isn't a direct benefit. Costco sens you a rebate but you HAVE to spend it in their store. I would rather not payout extra in the beginning and keep my money for me to decide.

4) If you read my post with jpg of the PM excel chart it shows that benefits are short term (one year) and by year two you are doing better with the old system.(it would appear that if is $5 more/year)

If you or anyone can prove that the new Points system is better then I will happily switch but even their own Excel chart shows it isn't worth it.

Sincerely appreciate your response - cheers, Greg

PubliicMobilePts.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg45 : The old rewards system is unchanged. Many people are finding that the old system is better for old customers. I think there are two benefits to the new system: 1. using points to enter contests, 2. seemingly better value for many add-ons when thinking of 1 point = 1 dollar.

Greg45

Two things worth noting in Public Mobiles' Excel chart:

1) YEAR 2: The benefits are better when staying with the old reward chart

2) Note that nothing is filled in on the Loyalty rewards (years of membership) 

Has this been removed or was left blank on purpose to mislead members?

PubliicMobilePts.png

Greg45

I'm reading your excel chart and I do have a question.

Has the yearly $1/month reward for loyalty (up to 5 years = $5) been removed from the old rewards system?

It seems to have been omitted on your chart.

Greg45

GIVE BACK (rewards and point system):

Assuming the "Give Back" points system still exists for Rewards... 

How exactly does it work?

It seems opaque and convoluted. I haven't been able to find a detailed explanation on the forum.

1 to 20 points/rewards can be earned each month for contributing to the P.M. forum by giving/receiving Bravos along with Solutions but doesn't appear to be clearly explained.  Is there a guide?  Members don't actually know what the minimum is to achieve credits back on their next bill. Is this randomly decided by someone? How do members know that they are being rewarded appropriately for their contributions?

If anyone can give me a link to a detailed explanation that allows any member to figure out what they should be receiving (if anything at all?) each month it would be appreciated - thanks in advance, Greg.

@Ogorek wrote:

Hey Public Mobile you should have a downvote button this way you would see how unpopular your new points rewards program really is. 

Your existing dollar rewards program is clear and easily understood. 

With the new points program the PC Optimum points from Shoppers Drug Mart come to mind. The ever changing points structure, with more and more points needed for the same dollar amount. 

With the existing dollar rewards program it was easy to promote Public Mobile service to colleagues and friends. With the new points program it will be buyer beware.   

They know it's unpopular. Nobody wants to receive less rewards but it's only new customers stuck on points.

Ogorek

Hey Public Mobile you should have a downvote button this way you would see how unpopular your new points rewards program really is. 

Your existing dollar rewards program is clear and easily understood. 

With the new points program the PC Optimum points from Shoppers Drug Mart come to mind. The ever changing points structure, with more and more points needed for the same dollar amount. 

With the existing dollar rewards program it was easy to promote Public Mobile service to colleagues and friends. With the new points program it will be buyer beware. New customers should also have a choice between the dollar amount and points rewards.

Somebody in the marketing department really messed up with this one. 

.. and join the new reward system early for their First ever contest!!!

I guess not too many of exiting customers joining, and new customers do not cumulate enough points and might be be willing to use it towards contest.    A low contest participation rate means HIGHER chance of WINNING!!

So, if anyone want to join, no better time than NOW!!!  🙂 

The only advantage I can see for people who are on the current rewards plan, is if you want to be able to use points to buy things and enter contests.  Now when the contests come rolling around no complaining that you can't enter because you stayed on the old rewards plan. lol

Need Help? Let's chat.