Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

Great news! We wanted to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing a known issue in our Self-Serve portal. We also want to extend a big thank you to our customers who flagged this issue for us. 

Previously, on the Overview and Payment pages in Self-Serve the Payment Due Date was overstated by one day. It actually reflected the plan renewal date. We’ve since changed Self-serve to reflect the renewal date. All payments are due before the renewal date in order to ensure continuous service on your account. You’ll see this as “Payment Due Before” on the Overview page, for example. 

We're constantly working to improve our systems and fix any bugs. We’re excited to be able to cross this one off our to-do list. Let us know what you think below!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

109 REPLIES 109

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

Renewal issue is back for me, should have renewed today and again left with no phone service.... thank you for never properly fixing anything then call it resolved 

@Klane hello try to make a manual payment with your cc in your self serve or dial *611 I normally pay a couple of days in advance to avoid this issue good luck 

@Klane the issue with autopay failure was never addressed. All they fixed here was some confusing writing in the self service account that inferred that the payment was due a day earlier than it was. Stay safe. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Klane wrote:

Renewal issue is back for me, should have renewed today and again left with no phone service.... thank you for never properly fixing anything then call it resolved 

@Klane don't thank me contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket    check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

BearFBI

@susanregs wrote:

It is saying issue resolved, yet we still cannot use our phone and it will not allow a payment to be processed.  when we try to call out it says that we are not a customer.  When we try to call in, it goes directly to voicemail.  When I tried to make the payment and the payment would not go through, I then called the credit card company and there is no issue with the credit card.  We are on autopay but nothing is working.  service is suspended.  How can we get this resolved?  We use our phone for work!  it's imperative that is is resolved.

@susanregs It says issue resolved but you have to read what issue got resolved. The Subject says

"[ISSUE RESOLVED] Renewal and Payment Due Date in Self-Serve" 

By reading this post i assume that they resolved an issue with wording of the payment due date. No where does it say issue resolved with payments not being processed, or calls not working, or any of the problems you are having.

To get your issue resolved you can contact a moderator by clicking on the ? at the bottom right of your screen. Explain your problem to SIMon and he will get you help with a human. Make sure to check the envelope on the top right corner of the screen for a response back from the moderators.

FIY auto-pay is not fail-proof. There could be the rare time that auto-pay can fail. If your phone is important that it works 24/7 then i recommend manually adding the funds a few days before renewal to avoid any failures. You will still get the 2$ reward.

susanregs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is saying issue resolved, yet we still cannot use our phone and it will not allow a payment to be processed.  when we try to call out it says that we are not a customer.  When we try to call in, it goes directly to voicemail.  When I tried to make the payment and the payment would not go through, I then called the credit card company and there is no issue with the credit card.  We are on autopay but nothing is working.  service is suspended.  How can we get this resolved?  We use our phone for work!  it's imperative that is is resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kdhillon wrote:

@Anonymous how to tag and quote? 

Thanks 

You just tagged so you got that. Quote is available on desktop browsers. Click the Reply button of a post you want to reply to and then click on the 3 dots at the right end of the row of little icons above this text entry box and more icons will show up. Click on the "99" quote icon. That will pull in the text of the post you replied to. You can edit that text. Not the content! But you can trim it down or bold a sentence or whatever. Then type your reply after or before or embedded.

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous how to tag and quote? 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@telemonster wrote:

Good!

@telemonster 

Welcome back. So, since you are participating again, it's useful to know who or which post you're replying to by tagging or quoting them/it.

telemonster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good!

@NaepalmI was simply commenting on the fact that if someone says STANDARD time when it is currently DAYLIGHT SAVINGS times, it is wrong because the trigger is NOT based on STANDARD NOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS time... it is based on CURRENT time based on the EASTERN timezone. In other words, it changes based on the applicable time standard in effect at the time.

So in this case, it is ALWAYS 2AM...regardless of whether it is STANDARD or DAYLIGHT SAVINGS.

@pm-smayer97

@zblackma wrote Eastern Standard Time which is for Fall and Winter. Our time right now is Eastern Daylight Time. Right now we are in EDT. There is also an AST Atlantic Standard time in the fall winter and ADT Atlantic daylight time Spring summer. @zblackma reference was not to confuse but to recognize that AST is behind EST and EDT is behind ADT. Either way, you need to recognize that your payment will not come out at 2 am AST or ADT but 2 am EST or EDT depending on what time of year it is but will actually come out at 1 am ADT or 1 am AST the day prior. Atlantic Canada is one hour behind EST and EDT not 3 hours @zblackma 🙂 But I do understand how you might say Eastern time or Atlantic time without the standard or daylight inserted. I have always used the centre reference though.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@zblackma

I would ignore any references currently stated in *611 recordings or the help pages about the exact time of renewal. The renewal times are constantly changing for each of my renewals. The only thing I believe that Public Mobile should say is that the renewal will happen some time early in the day listed in self serve.

Renewal times START being processed at 6 AM EASTERN time. How long it takes to get to YOUR account may very well vary...That said, for me it has been fairly consistent to occur with minutes of 6AM on all my current 5 accounts. I'm in the GTA.

@zblackma wrote:

The message is still off  it should  " Pay before 2am Eastern Standard Time" on your due date if you are in PEI or out East your payment actually comes out at 11pm Eastern the day before.

Not correct. It is NOT 2 AM STANDARD TIME...it is at 2 AM EASTERN TIME...meaning, in the Winter it is STANDARD TIME and in the Summer it is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. So, in PEI, which is in ATLANTIC TIME, it should be one hour earlier, or 1AM. Strange if you see it at 11 PM the day before.

Anyway, good luck trying to get PM to post accurate info on Self-Serve. This is probably as close we are going to get it. It took A LOT of effort just to have them make this change...all because it was off by almost 24 hours and cause people to miss the expiry time. Now at least the worst that can be said is you would be a few hours early.

@zblackma

I would ignore any references currently stated in *611 recordings or the help pages about the exact time of renewal. The renewal times are constantly changing for each of my renewals. The only thing I believe that Public Mobile should say is that the renewal will happen some time early in the day listed in self serve.

zblackma

The message is still off  it should  " Pay before 2am Eastern Standard Time" on your due date if you are in PEI or out East your payment actually comes out at 11pm 1 am Eastern the day before.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

It can be SO HARD to get PM mods to see a problem, as they often get stuck with "this is how it should work" that they cannot see or understand anything else when it is not.

I do fully believe that moderators are trying to their best to do what they can in a timely manner. However, it can sometimes be difficult to fix something when they can only go by the information that they have in front of them.  Moderators are not Public Mobile customers, so in that sense, they're at a disadvantage, and when it comes to some matters, the customers will know more about a particular issue.

Well actually, no. It is just plain bad customer service when they literally argue with you and stonewall you because they do not believe there is any issue to address when the documentation is plain as day (I am VERY thorough). Instead, many of them just quote the "policy" which is irrelevant when you show them that the system does not even work a particular way, not even according to what they are saying. Then you get the same thing from some managers and the tech support team, I suspect probably because in part it becomes a case of broken telephone.

The simple example is THIS thread...this fix should NEVER had required that many interactions to get them to see what the problem is...and it is NOT even technical. Imagine when the problem is technical?!?!?! I have had that experience too.

That is why what is still missing from the service scope is a clear and easily accessible escalation path to avoid or bypass this when really necessary. Maybe one day when someone wakes up to how this affects the company image.

There have been many potential customers I have steered away from PM because of these types of scenarios because I know they could not handle it.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

It can be SO HARD to get PM mods to see a problem, as they often get stuck with "this is how it should work" that they cannot see or understand anything else when it is not.

I do fully believe that moderators are trying to their best to do what they can in a timely manner. However, it can sometimes be difficult to fix something when they can only go by the information that they have in front of them.  Moderators are not Public Mobile customers, so in that sense, they're at a disadvantage, and when it comes to some matters, the customers will know more about a particular issue.

@pm-smayer97 

Yes you really have to be a dog with a bone around here to get a fix for certain things. When the time comes and I need to suspend for more than 30 days I'll to tap you for your work around and then see if I can get the fix done for my account (s). It's a little hard to raise an issue when it's not yours! Now if I could only find a fix for my threads disappearing from the lounge.....maybe the **poof** the magic dragon disappearing post bug has grown a pandemic sized appetite and is gobbling up whole threads unfettered in the lounge!

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I see what you are saying and that is not how it should work....(yes but no)....as it was explained to me ( im trying to remember if this was explained to me privately or publicly.) If I understand it correctly....once you unsuspend (before or after you add the funds?)the autopay is enabled but the reward is not added but if you then manually add $1 it triggers the $2 reward to appear in the rewards section and be applied upon the next renewal. However the $2 reward should automatically appear and payment of the plan should trigger a second $2 autopay reward to appear (like at activation where the first renewal receives $4 in autopay rewards)and the $4 is applied on the following renewal. What happens with other rewards on these accounts in this situation?

Interesting explanation. It seems to contradict what they have documented and what I have experienced in the past such that the AutoPay does not accumulate and so $2 is lost each time. I have tried to have them fix it only to have them argue that it IS working as it should, even though it is not.

I do not know why they make it so complicated... all they would need to do is apply the AutoPay as soon as the account is re-activated if the account is past the Renewal date and AutoPay is registered. So simple...but I have yet to get someone to actually understand that or even look into it. So I have given up for now and found another "hidden" work around but it is a bit of a pain.

As for other rewards, I do not know because I never had others applicable at the time to see what happens before I figured out this work-around. I do now but with my work-around I never have to worry about it (as long as I am willing to put up with a minor inconvenience each time). I could try it but risk losing the other rewards, so no sure I want to risk it.

It can be SO HARD to get PM mods to see a problem, as they often get stuck with "this is how it should work" that they cannot see or understand anything else when it is not. Getting them to see the very SIMPLE problem that was fixed in this thread (which was just changing some text and dates) took WAY TOO MUCH effort (dealing with 9 different mods before they were willing to escalate it to Alan_K/Tiana_V). Imagine for anything that requires even remotely a little more thought how much effort that is?!?!?! I have tried many times on this and other issues and it is A LOT of work!

@pm-smayer97 

I see what you are saying and that is not how it should work....(yes but no)....as it was explained to me ( im trying to remember if this was explained to me privately or publicly.) If I understand it correctly....once you unsuspend (before or after you add the funds?)the autopay is enabled but the reward is not added but if you then manually add $1 it triggers the $2 reward to appear in the rewards section and be applied upon the next renewal. However the $2 reward should automatically appear and payment of the plan should trigger a second $2 autopay reward to appear (like at activation where the first renewal receives $4 in autopay rewards)and the $4 is applied on the following renewal. What happens with other rewards on these accounts in this situation?

@Jaelle an add on is a two step process. One you add the funds to your account which sounds like you have done this now. 

2. you need to go to the add on section choose the add on then click purchase add on at the bottom. 

Screenshot_20200604_101825_com.android.chrome.jpg

Jaelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ipaid my bill 2x a d still did not add on my data

@MoreYummy wrote:

I had auto renew issue recently, it doesnt auto made payment, and suspended my service. 

I had to manual pay it and it works after that.   So there is bug still... 

Too bad...I thought this bug was fixed.

@darliciousthanks for the extra info on the fix. My use of Lost/Stolen feature on up to 12 accounts has mostly be over renewal periods so never encountered what you describe but have read about. Nice to see that addressed. I had never heard of double payment of rewards in any context so not sure if that is prevelant (hard to get someone to reveal if they are getting double rewards 😉  ).

I still have an outstanding issue with the AutoPay reward. Based on current written policy, it should still apply when someone reactivates their account after turn off the Lost/Stolen feature, if AutoPay is still registered. But after turnign off Lost/Stolen setting, the account does NOT trigger AutoPay. But strangely, IF/WHEN you add even $1 manually...then AutoPay DOES trigger. As such, the AutoPay Reward SHOULD be paid out...but alas it does not.

So there are two problems with that... one, at the very least that AutoRenewal should occur when re-activating a Lost/Stolen account if AutoPay is registered, and second, that since AutoPay is still registered, the Reward should be applied (it actually is registered as earned in the Rewards section but simply is not applied). Not sure if these will ever get addressed.

As for Telus, my last major experience predates yours. Sorry for your experience. If this truly represents a shift in their customer service, that would be a sad day, as I have always valued the excellent service I have received in the past 20 years too.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

I had auto renew issue recently, it doesnt auto made payment, and suspended my service. 

I had to manual pay it and it works after that.   So there is bug still... 

@pm-smayer97 

I have used the lost/stolen feature for no longer than a few days and it was never used thru the renewal process. Up until the fix they did to the rewards ( of which there were several tweeks they were doing) of which one of the fixes to come out of it was no longer having your rewards not apply upon renewal in your account. These allowed the lost/stolen feature to be used again as a trouble shooting technique and not tie up moderator time having to manually apply rewards. The idea behind not applying rewards when suspended  is not to deny the rewards to the customer but not allow them to for use to pay an outstanding payment due to a month long suspension. (or longer) My take on this was you could still earn rewards while suspended (if you were on vacation) but you had to pay for your service with "real" money to reactivate and your accumulated rewards would then be applied the following renewal so a doubled autopay, doubled loyalty etc....

I left telus at the end of August last year.....

@darliciousI see. Interesting. When sing the Lost/stolen feature was that applied to go beyond the renewal date? Also, can you explain more what what would go wrong and what was fixed?

How long ago did you leave Telus?

@pm-smayer97 

You may have misunderstood....it was his loss of the autopay reward by using the lost/stolen feature that eventually got a fix for the loss of rewards when using that feature. His promo is now finished but it was never affected despite suspending his account numerous times including at least once a month through out his six month promotion.

Telus used to have a good loyalty/retention department it was their last offer of signing me on a contract and charging me twice the price for a replacement flip phone when i asked for an account credit that drove me to public mobile......they are out $500, I've saved about $800 with my two accounts I've switched and now I'm free........so I'm happy they gave me zero loyalty for 20 years as a customer!

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I can tell you this.....from the amount of times I have had to use the lost/stolen feature on the bf's account it never affected his promotions (we all know the whole autopay reward saga.) I have never heard of a customer complain (to date) that an autopay failure that temporarily suspended their account for non payment has affected their promotions. So while not confirmed i would imagine that suspension over 30 days is what would cause the loss of a promotion. As in a full 30 day cycle passes without payment would then cancel a promotion in the account. The terms and conditions by pm notwithstanding.....

I think the key difference is that when AutoPay fails due to a system failure, AutoPay technically has not been interrupted by the use, i.e. they have not selected to disable it.

Interesting if you say that you have used the Lost/Stolen feature with a bonus tied to having AutoPay and this did NOT cause your feature to be lost. What feature do you (or you bf) have tied to AutoPay?

Need Help? Let's chat.