cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Jared_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

Effective December 15, 2018 until December 31, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from December 15 to December 31, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 30 days of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

89 REPLIES 89

Bhg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are correct and thank you

@Bhg wrote:

You can still file a formal complaint to CRTC as Public Mobile has breached the contract. In addition, they modified the website after the fact to determine customer eligibility for the free 30 day service.26495A3E-A808-46F4-8B1D-87DCAECB1E23.png

If I customer deciedes it necessary to do this, it isn't the CRTC who should be contacted.  They will not accept complaints of this nature from consumers.

It is the CCTS that would need to be contacted.  https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Bhg

You can still file a formal complaint to CRTC as Public Mobile has breached the contract. In addition, they modified the website after the fact to determine customer eligibility for the free 30 day service.26495A3E-A808-46F4-8B1D-87DCAECB1E23.png

Bcde4321

Seeme like mods have gone completely silent on this issue. Completely unethical company. There's no way I'm recommending PM to anyone if this is how they handle promotions.

Bcde4321

Thanks

reidt

I saved a screen shot on Jan 1'st/19 of the web page for this offer if it helps

2019-01-01.png

@Bcde4321 wrote:

The expiry date was Jan 1 at 11:59pm on the public mobile home page. They are not giving the 30 day credit to those who activated on Jan 1. Of course the home page showing the Jan 1 expiry date has now been removed. Complete false advertising and bait & switch by PM!

This page still has some evidence of the Jan 1 expiry:

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-december-sale-30-days-free/

@Bcde4321 wrote:

The expiry date was Jan 1 at 11:59pm on the public mobile home page. They are not giving the 30 day credit to those who activated on Jan 1. Of course the home page showing the Jan 1 expiry date has now been removed. Complete false advertising and bait & switch by PM!

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-december-sale-30-days-free/

@Bcde4321, when don’t you read the fine print?   If you’re a smart consumer, you always read the fine print.

Do your research, spend wisely.

Bcde4321

so get penalized for reading the fine print? damned if you do and damned if you don't? screw the customer

c70nut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It does say "December sale"- why would someone wait until Jan 1 to sign up and then act suprised that the sale is over?  More "snooze you lose" than "bait and switch." IMHO.

Bcde4321

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barneyb wrote:

It's been 2 weeks since I activated my new sim card in the store, but have not received the credit yet. It should be credited in 5 days, shouldn't it?

If you activated in-store on or after the 15th then yes you should have received it. If you're expecting it on your credit card then no...it will appear in your Available Funds in your self-serve.

barneyb

It's been 2 weeks since I activated my new sim card in the store, but have not received the credit yet. It should be credited in 5 days, shouldn't it?

c70nut

No the credit hasn't shown up in "Available Balance" but is shown as a transaction.  The terms say, " "Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 5 days. "

but the credit seems to be unavailable until closer to the renewal date or there's a glitch in applying the credit.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@c70nut wrote:

In theory it looks that way, however my rebate hasn't appeared yet on my card or in my PM balance, although there is an entry in my Transaction History showing a credit (?)

@ykadn180 wrote:

So you will get charged on your mastercard and then credited back again? For the first month payment that is.

Thanks,

Adrian

@c70nutIs it in available balance? It should show up before your next renewal, if not the mod team willl be able to correct it manually.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@c70nut wrote:

In theory it looks that way, however my rebate hasn't appeared yet on my card or in my PM balance, although there is an entry in my Transaction History showing a credit (?)

@ykadn180 wrote:

So you will get charged on your mastercard and then credited back again? For the first month payment that is.

Thanks,

Adrian

@c70nutIs it in available balance? It should show up before your next renewal, if not the mod team willl be able to correct it manually.

Carld123

@c70nut wrote:

@ykadn180 wrote:

Thanks,

Adrian

@c70nut

You wont see any rebate added to your credit card...the credit will be recieved within the first 30 days of activation in time for your next renewal..not within 5 days

c70nut

@ykadn180 wrote:

Thanks,

Adrian

Dunkgirl

@ykadn180 wrote:

Thanks,

Adrian

@ykadn180Yes. "your next 30 days of service for $0" next being second. After you pay upfront for the first. Which will be enough to cover your second month.

ykadn180

Thanks,

Adrian

c70nut

The details say, "Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 5 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal."  and, "Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account."

In my case I paid upfront for the plan like you did, then the 30 day credit showed up in my Transaction History on the same day as a credit to the card.  Problem is it wasn't credited back to the card nor was it credited to my ongoing balance. It's way past the 5 day window so I've pm'ed the moderator for an explaination. 

Carld123

@Andie1980 wrote:

I signed up for this deal through my local Wal-mart a couple of days ago. I'm showing a transaction on my credit card for 33.90 though I was told I would not be charged.  Is this going to be refunded back to me?

@Andie1980

Your next 30 day plan will be the free one...you pay for the first month

Andie1980

I signed up for this deal through my local Wal-mart a couple of days ago. I'm showing a transaction on my credit card for 33.90 though I was told I would not be charged.  Is this going to be refunded back to me?

c70nut

Yes, any 30 day plan.

Kind333

If any plan work for this promo?

c70nut

@Jennamie wrote:

Did you activate the SIM card at Walmart or online? 

At The Mobile Shop in Superstore.

dumbdobie1

Good deal please keep the great offers coming. I love Public Mobile 🙂

Jennamie

Did you activate the SIM card at Walmart or online? 

@Harry4

AS above, you will not receive $25, but instead the $10 friend referral.  Your friend would only receive ongoing $1 monthly credit (not $25) if you sign up instore.  

Also, if you sign up at home, if your plan is $30+ per month, you would qualify for $10 per month credit x 6 months as well as $25 friend referral.  

So, see which promo makest the most sense for you.  For most people, buying your SIM and activating at home is the better deal (especially if you are getting $30+ month plan).  

If Walmart won't sell to you, you could also get the SIM card from London drugs, WOW mobile, K mobile and Mobile shop (inside superstores).  

Carld123

@Harry4

Hi....no 25$ referral credit for an instore activation

Harry4

I asked a Walmart asociate, he said you will get a SIM+ your  next 30 day and $25 refer a friend for $0 when activate in store, he won't be able to only sell SIM card to me.  Is it true? seems $25 refer a friend only on-line. 

AR-IM

Should be online offer too. 

Need Help? Let's chat.