cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@wetcoaster wrote:

@Beer wrote:

@pweidman wrote:

I have just switched from the well researched CHEAPEST plan in Canada (speakout 7-11). I was paying $10/month. I had 100 MB of data and 25¢/min pay as you go call & outgoing text. I was on it for over 10 years. It suited my needs.  This random deal that showed up on Google made me make the switch. Thanks Public Mobile!


WOW !!!!! That seems like a very expensive plan - unless you never used it and just kept paying $10/month JUST  in case of an emergency. Just a simple text conversation --for eg. 1. where are you 2.at the store. 3. buy some milk 4. ok    would cost you $1.00

If you oly intend to use your phone for emergencies then Bell has a $5/month plan.  Hope this helps.

Bell Prepaid $5/month Minutes Anytime local 10 minutes Text messages3

 
 
 

Define emergency use....

Unexpected situation requiring immediate attention - such for example - stranded with a flat tire or out of gas or you get seperated in a mall or you may need to call 911 etc.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@Beer wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Beer wrote:

@pweidman wrote:

I have just switched from the well researched CHEAPEST plan in Canada (speakout 7-11). I was paying $10/month. I had 100 MB of data and 25¢/min pay as you go call & outgoing text. I was on it for over 10 years. It suited my needs.  This random deal that showed up on Google made me make the switch. Thanks Public Mobile!


WOW !!!!! That seems like a very expensive plan - unless you never used it and just kept paying $10/month JUST  in case of an emergency. Just a simple text conversation --for eg. 1. where are you 2.at the store. 3. buy some milk 4. ok    would cost you $1.00

If you oly intend to use your phone for emergencies then Bell has a $5/month plan.  Hope this helps.

Bell Prepaid $5/month Minutes Anytime local 10 minutes Text messages3

 
 
 

Define emergency use....

Unexpected situation requiring immediate attention - such for example - stranded with a flat tire or out of gas or you get seperated in a mall or you may need to call 911 etc.  


911 is available on any modern cell phone whether activated or not.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@computergeek541 wrote:

@Howiepm wrote:

Hi new member but not a Public customer yet.

My wife is with Telus at the moment. She is on the $10 talk and Text plan. No data.

I know Public is part of Telus do you think they will match this plan?

Am I better off switch to this $15? Also would like to know if it is against forum rule to ask for referal?

 

Thanks


The Public Mobile plan includes much more for only $5 additional.

 

If she is on Telus Starter 10, that includes:

50 minutes and 50 "incoming/outgoing" sms/mms messages

Telus prepaid Texting 15 has:

no minutes (pay-per-use)

unlimited messsaging

 

 

Public Moible $10 plan includes;

50 minutes

50 ougoing text/unlimited incoming texts

 

Public Mobile $15 plan includes:

100 minutes

unlimited messaging (sms/mms)

 

 

Even if we don't factor in autopay discount and bonuses, Public Mobile's plans are better at both price points.

 

At the $10 price at Public Mobile, you'd be gaining unlimited incoming text messages, and at the $15 price, you'd be gaining 100 caling minutes.

 

After Autopay (preauthorized payments) are factored in , you would get a $2 discount per 30 days at Public Mobile, but on the $15 plan, you'll also get 250MB of data.


Yes --it's a no brainer PM is the best --  offering very attractive and reasonably priced  plans. However as I said in a previous post the following saying may apply " give a mouse some milk and it will ask for a cookie". Have noticed that most -including myself-- seem to like the game of trying to get as low a price as we can -- Let's face it just buying a medium Tim's coffee and a sweet costs more then $3 that we are willing to pay a few times each month, while we chat in this forum complaining about 2 or 3 $$$.  

I'm so glad that after more then 10 years with bell I discovered PM and switched to the very reasonable $30 plan with 1GB data - that allows Internet access wherever I am to be able to compare item prices and save save save. (And more savings -- the $30 plan has been reduced to $25)

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Thank you @CalgaryBen , appreciate the further insight and confirmation for iphone users!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Good evening,

 

Currently I am using Fido. I'd like to switch to your plan $15 (unlimited text, 100-minutes national talk & 250MB data). I have the following questions before I go ahead:

 

1. is the $15 a fixed rate? Or is it on promotion? Will it be increased after some time?

2. 100-minute talk includes incoming calls and outgoing calls?

3. What does the 30-day plan mean?

4. When the payment cycle starts?

5. I'd like to keep my current cell phone. Can I keep it if I change my SIM card?

 

Thank you for your attention.

 

Highlighted

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@amyjxlin wrote:

Good evening,

 

Currently I am using Fido. I'd like to switch to your plan $15 (unlimited text, 100-minutes national talk & 250MB data). I have the following questions before I go ahead:

 

1. is the $15 a fixed rate? Or is it on promotion? Will it be increased after some time?

2. 100-minute talk includes incoming calls and outgoing calls?

3. What does the 30-day plan mean?

4. When the payment cycle starts?

5. I'd like to keep my current cell phone. Can I keep it if I change my SIM card?

 

Thank you for your attention.

 


The $15 price is going ongoing price ($13 if you enable autopay).  100 minutes is the total combine incoming and outgoing usage, with each parrtial minute of usage rounded up.  30 day plan meas that you prepay for 30 days of service, and that you have to pay before the start of the next renewal period to keep the plan going past that point.

 

Whether you can keep using your current cell phone device dependds on compatiblity and whether or not it is unlooked.  Which model is it?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Yes. 

It is $2 autopay discount with AutoPay.

   

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@sergeylancare wrote:

Yes. 

It is $2 autopay discount with AutoPay.

   


@sergeylancare 

For clarity, it's a good idea to either quote the message to which you're replying, or tag the author of that message (just like I've done with your name here).  That way, people don't have to go hunting for or wonder whom you're talking to in a very long thread.  That message you replied to was from two days ago which makes your reply hard to follow.  (I was only able to determine this by clicking edit on your post and then hitting the quote button, which only moderators and oracles can do.)

 

To quote the message, hit that big black "quote" button above the message box right after you click reply.  Note: For users who have enabled Quick Reply on community settings, the quote button is only available if you click the regular "reply" button instead of "quick reply."  Be sure to type your own text outside of the orange bar indicating the quoted message.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

What happens if autopay is disabled?

 

Eg Month 1-11 on autopay so get 250MB bonus

Month 12 disable autopay for whatever reason (eg travel)

Month 13 re-enable autopay; does the 250MB bonus return or is it gone for good?

 


@computergeek541 wrote:


It's a recuring bonus as long as account stays active and autopay is enabled.


 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15


@kav2001c wrote:

What happens if autopay is disabled?

 

Eg Month 1-11 on autopay so get 250MB bonus

Month 12 disable autopay for whatever reason (eg travel)

Month 13 re-enable autopay; does the 250MB bonus return or is it gone for good?

 


@computergeek541 wrote:


It's a recuring bonus as long as account stays active and autopay is enabled.


 


Try it out and report back with your results Smiley Happy