cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

smp99

@popping wrote:

Great plan for teenagers who do not talk alot on phone.

I hope the photo/video MMS continues to work after the 250MB data is used up. 

MMS pics/videos does not use data and the feature works on plans that have no data. You do need to turn on data on your device 

smp99

oops

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well done PM again 

PM is proving that why they are Best in the market !

More importantly, it's not only the price PM network is also The Best !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great plan for teenagers who do not talk alot on phone.

I hope the photo/video MMS continues to work after the 250MB data is used up. 

slpless
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Alan_K,

The Spoiler says, "leaving a voicemail message uses up minutes." However, with $10 50/50 plan, I tested a few days ago whether leaving a voicemail message uses minutes or not with a brand new PM number. 

When my friend leaves a voicemail message, it appears as an outgoing call to local voicemail number in both call history (picture 1) and my usage as 1/50 min (picture 2). Then, after a second, 1 minute usage disappears, 0/50 min (picture 3). It looks PM fixed it so as not to count minutes for "leaving a voicemail message." Can you please confirm this and update the Announcement/Spoiler if it's indeed fixed?

Thanks!

Attention: 

Leaving a voicemail message (1).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (2).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (3).jpg

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Awesome!  Customers asked and PM delivered!  Smiley Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Great announcement to wake up to!!  PM is listening to the customers.  This will really become the goto plan for parents to get their kids as a first phone plan.  With these last two plan announcements it is showing PM is not just the feeder brand but still the brand for great plans at great prices.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Wonderful! Now i don't mind retiring the $10 plan...

c70nut

"Compare with Chatr $15.00 plan, no unlimited incoming call will not make $10.00 Senior users to change to this plan.  "

I don't believe Chatr offers refer-a-friend, autopay, or community contribution bonuses- all of which may figure into the equation.  As well there's a .40/min charge to retrieve voicemail which would, if used, quickly cancel out any price equivalency.

clee666
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, I havn't noticed that.  I don't need voice calls but could be worh it for 2$.

smp99

Nice. I was one of those asking for this a number of times. I wasn't expecting the 250MB data bonus however. Even better.

@douber wrote:

Great news. 

Is the 250Mb of data monthly, or just a one-time perk?

It's a recuring bonus as long as account stays active and autopay is enabled.

denis2

yes the $2.00 is always applicable with auto pay

douber

Great news. 

Is the 250Mb of data monthly, or just a one-time perk?

c70nut

Very nice, it shows PM  is listening to clients, not like most other telecoms.  Is the $2 autopay discount applicable?  

dna2016

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!  PM is on FIRE right now.  Sweet plan.  Definitely going to get a lot of the kids on a plan like this.  Very smart move, plus the additional data is a nice move as well.

Keep it up PM Smiley LOL

frankieshi

Compare with Chatr $15.00 plan, no unlimited incoming call will not make $10.00 Senior users to change to this plan.  

Chatr:

$15 Per Month
100 Canada-Wide Talk & Unlimited International Texts
-Details
INCLUDES
  • 100 Minutes Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Incoming Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text,
    Picture and Video Messaging
  • 40 ¢/min for voicemail retrievals

clee666

Nice!  I switched from the 10$! Suits my texting needs much better! Thanks Public Mobile!

Great job Public Mobile.

A great plan for lite user.  

meocon

Nice plan so far but hopefully I can choose this plan with option between unlimited text or unlimited call 😉

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Good deal! But does make the $20 3G 250MB data only plan kinda pointless.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Great job!  For the next request, please put together a well priced package with 3GB to complement the current lineup.

denis2

WOW !  How can PM keep offering these low prices when all other carriers prices keep going up, good job 

Need Help? Let's chat.