cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

LaOmbra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@pm-smayer97 I see an Oracle in your future!  Thanks for the details.

We all have dreams. Cat LOL

Pizzaeh

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@electrical2771 wrote:

So then if you go over the 100 minutes and if the call is urgent/ important you are SOL?

What's SOL stand for.....kidding, don't spell it out, this is a family oriented community.

The service will stop.  It's up the subscriber to know what's included in their plan.  If you think your're going to use more than the included mintues, an add-on might be a good idea or a different plan.  The $25 plan to me seems like the best bang for buck. 

I think that Public Mobile will send texts to the PM number when the subscriber is getting close to their limit.  Received one for data, not totally sure about voice and text....checking now.

According to this post, you will receive texts when getting close to your limits....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Will-we-be-notified-if/m-p/254474#M2988...

The fact is that you will get a text message when you have 10 mins left. Not sure what the threshold is for data. (BTW, for limited text plans, you get a text when you have 10 text messages left).

When you run low or out of minutes, you can call 611 and pay for a LD add-on that gives you either 200 mins for $8 or 400 mins for $15. These minutes never expire if unused. Instead unused minutes keep rolling over into next period. For data, it is $30 for 1 GB of FULL LTE data (Caveat...order this ONLY when your base is fully used up... otherwise the 1GB defaults down to match the data bandwidth you already have, i.e. 3G).

@pm-smayer97 I see an Oracle in your future!  Thanks for the details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@denis2 wrote:

you cant exceed, it's prepaid, The service will just not be available after that

Just to be clear, it is NOT BECAUSE it is prepaid that you cannot exceed and it will stop. Other carriers with prepaid service have pay-per-use charges when you exceed the prepaid amount.

The difference is that PM does NOT have pay-per-use options. Whatever you prepay for with PM is all you get until you buy another block of service for talk and/or data (there still is no option to by extra blocks of text with PM).

Very good. I don't know how those other "prepaid" services work. Is it that you pre-pay into a pot and it pays for a "plan" for the privilege of being on the network AND can consume some of that pot if you go over the amounts that the "plan" provides? Or is it really only just like a post-paid where you get charged for those over-uses afterwards?

I have seen pure pay as you go services in the states where you just pay for the use of each component out of a pot of money.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@electrical2771 wrote:

So then if you go over the 100 minutes and if the call is urgent/ important you are SOL?

What's SOL stand for.....kidding, don't spell it out, this is a family oriented community.

The service will stop.  It's up the subscriber to know what's included in their plan.  If you think your're going to use more than the included mintues, an add-on might be a good idea or a different plan.  The $25 plan to me seems like the best bang for buck. 

I think that Public Mobile will send texts to the PM number when the subscriber is getting close to their limit.  Received one for data, not totally sure about voice and text....checking now.

According to this post, you will receive texts when getting close to your limits....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Will-we-be-notified-if/m-p/254474#M2988...

The fact is that you will get a text message when you have 10 mins left. Not sure what the threshold is for data. (BTW, for limited text plans, you get a text when you have 10 text messages left).

When you run low or out of minutes, you can call 611 and pay for a LD add-on that gives you either 200 mins for $8 or 400 mins for $15. These minutes never expire if unused. Instead unused minutes keep rolling over into next period. For data, it is $30 for 1 GB of FULL LTE data (Caveat...order this ONLY when your base is fully used up... otherwise the 1GB defaults down to match the data bandwidth you already have, i.e. 3G).

@denis2 wrote:

you cant exceed, it's prepaid, The service will just not be available after that

Just to be clear, it is NOT BECAUSE it is prepaid that you cannot exceed and it will stop. Other carriers with prepaid service have pay-per-use charges when you exceed the prepaid amount.

The difference is that PM does NOT have pay-per-use options. Whatever you prepay for with PM is all you get until you buy another block of service for talk and/or data (there still is no option to by extra blocks of text with PM).

rcvanb1116
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is wonderful! I've been waiting for a plan that has unlimited texting without unlimited talk. 

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep, your basically SOL if your out of minutes.  You can still reach 911 if it’s an actual life threatening emergency.  You get a free text message letting you know when you are at 10 minutes or messages left but I think they don’t send a message when your out.  

While I haven’t tried running out of messages, calls that aren’t included due to out of minutes will tell you that you don’t have a LD Addon and that this call isn’t included.

If you really need a call completed, you can either try calling collect with an operator (not sure if this actually works) or turn on your data services and access self serve or call 611.  

From my experience, you can access self serve without data included but your access is really slow but with enough patience, you’ll be able to add a LD addon to your plan.  You can also call 611 to get it complete too.

Pizzaeh

@Manni22 wrote:

I have 40 dollars plan do you think it’s apply  on me too ?

the $40 plan currently listed has unlimited Canada wide calling, so no long-distance charges for calling from anywhere in Canda to anywhere in Canada.

@Manni22 wrote:

There are no pay-per-use charges on any of Public Mobile's plans.

Manni22

It’s shows I have 5 fb data

Manni22

@Pizzaeh wrote:

Simply (or Sad) Out of Luck, although there is a less nice version

Pizzaeh

@electrical2771 wrote:

Pizzaeh

@denis2 wrote:

@PizzaehI should change my name to  ninja Denis

LOL, I need to go back to school and take a speed typing class.

electrical2771

denis2

@PizzaehI should change my name to  ninja Denis

Pizzaeh

@electrical2771 wrote:

Ok, so can someone tell me what happens when you exceed the 100 minutes of talk and go over the 250MB of data?

Nothing.....literally nothing will happen, you won't be able to make calls and won't have any data, so nothing will happen.

@electrical2771 wrote:

Ok, so can someone tell me what happens when you exceed the 100 minutes of talk and go over the 250MB of data?

In either of those situations, that part of the service would stop working.

denis2

electrical2771

gerardorz

Aim the MODERATORS...this robot is useless...somebody has time to call LA FACTURE?

homer

great offer matching 😄

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is exactly what someone like my Mom needs. A phone for emergencies (ie if the car breaks down), being able to text the (grown) kids, and the ability to check her email if she forgets to before she leaves. She loves her land line, and won't let it go, but she will gladly jump on this to give the rest of us peace of mind.

ruif71

Another great plan for low use users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

What happens if autopay is disabled?

Eg Month 1-11 on autopay so get 250MB bonus

Month 12 disable autopay for whatever reason (eg travel)

Month 13 re-enable autopay; does the 250MB bonus return or is it gone for good?

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's a recuring bonus as long as account stays active and autopay is enabled.

Try it out and report back with your results 🙂

What happens if autopay is disabled?

Eg Month 1-11 on autopay so get 250MB bonus

Month 12 disable autopay for whatever reason (eg travel)

Month 13 re-enable autopay; does the 250MB bonus return or is it gone for good?

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's a recuring bonus as long as account stays active and autopay is enabled.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sergeylancare wrote:

Yes. 

It is $2 autopay discount with AutoPay.

@sergeylancare 

For clarity, it's a good idea to either quote the message to which you're replying, or tag the author of that message (just like I've done with your name here).  That way, people don't have to go hunting for or wonder whom you're talking to in a very long thread.  That message you replied to was from two days ago which makes your reply hard to follow.  (I was only able to determine this by clicking edit on your post and then hitting the quote button, which only moderators and oracles can do.)

To quote the message, hit that big black "quote" button above the message box right after you click reply.  Note: For users who have enabled Quick Reply on community settings, the quote button is only available if you click the regular "reply" button instead of "quick reply."  Be sure to type your own text outside of the orange bar indicating the quoted message.

sergeylancare

Yes. 

It is $2 autopay discount with AutoPay.

@amyjxlin wrote:

Good evening,

Currently I am using Fido. I'd like to switch to your plan $15 (unlimited text, 100-minutes national talk & 250MB data). I have the following questions before I go ahead:

1. is the $15 a fixed rate? Or is it on promotion? Will it be increased after some time?

2. 100-minute talk includes incoming calls and outgoing calls?

3. What does the 30-day plan mean?

4. When the payment cycle starts?

5. I'd like to keep my current cell phone. Can I keep it if I change my SIM card?

Thank you for your attention.

The $15 price is going ongoing price ($13 if you enable autopay).  100 minutes is the total combine incoming and outgoing usage, with each parrtial minute of usage rounded up.  30 day plan meas that you prepay for 30 days of service, and that you have to pay before the start of the next renewal period to keep the plan going past that point.

Whether you can keep using your current cell phone device dependds on compatiblity and whether or not it is unlooked.  Which model is it?

amyjxlin

Good evening,

Currently I am using Fido. I'd like to switch to your plan $15 (unlimited text, 100-minutes national talk & 250MB data). I have the following questions before I go ahead:

1. is the $15 a fixed rate? Or is it on promotion? Will it be increased after some time?

2. 100-minute talk includes incoming calls and outgoing calls?

3. What does the 30-day plan mean?

4. When the payment cycle starts?

5. I'd like to keep my current cell phone. Can I keep it if I change my SIM card?

Thank you for your attention.

Need Help? Let's chat.