cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

@z10user4 wrote:

@will13am wrote:
This service is the only one I know that has a completely broken password reset. 

Only for those usernames that start with stone. Smiley Happy It worked fine for me just a couple days ago.

Worked for me just now as well

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It will come and go.  

Good its back though! Smiley Happy

Get them while they are here when competitions have similar plans.

@z10user4 wrote:

@will13am wrote:
This service is the only one I know that has a completely broken password reset. 

Only for those usernames that start with stone. Smiley Happy It worked fine for me just a couple days ago.

Password reset/change seems to work if you are already logged into your account and want to change it.

If you have forgotton your password your, the link or process to reset it seems to have failed. 

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Password reset/change seems to work if you are already logged into your account and want to change it.

If you have forgotton your password your, the link or process to reset it seems to have failed. 

Not from my experience.

But the fact that it's not rock solid for all users makes it problematic. And frankly, embarrassing.

Oracle

@smp99 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I just did this.  I didn't login and hit forgot password went through the steps an got the email within a minute

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I just did this.  I didn't login and hit forgot password went through the steps an got the email within a minute

II the time since the issue was last marked [RESOLVED], I've never received the email - it's not in SPAM, it's not in the 'Bin', it's not in my 'all emails' view.  Back office tech at Public Mobile have monitored for my email address (the one I enter and confirm on the password reset process), and it's not being sent out.  They don't see it at all.  

I'm testing it again today - so far 10 minutes, no email yet.

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective October 24th, 2018 we are bringing back our 6GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only.

I don't feel like this creates excitement anymore.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Now PM is talking 😁😀

Mayor / Maire

@ute1978 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective October 24th, 2018 we are bringing back our 6GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only.

I don't feel like this creates excitement anymore.

@ute1978 to be frank, it's not really meant to.  It's meant to prevent a flood of people choosing the competitor(s) due to excitement there.  Zero innovation, merely zeroxing competitors' offerings (granted--thankfully as already noted--minus the dreadful zones).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not surprised by those plans. They want to push customers toward more expensive plans, even if they have to offer much more data for it. The money is in the plan, not what you offer for it.

I'm pretty sure that an aggressive, cheaper plan would make many people switch from the popular 40$/4.5GB to this new attractive cheaper plan. I have this 40/4.5 plan and I'm far from using all of this data. In fact, I would make the switch as well.

So I understand that they are reluctant to trigger a massive migration of customers toward cheaper plans and make less money. Indeed, there is no competition for those plans. The compeition is in the 40/50$ range. It's pretty much my budget, so I'm ok with that. They would offer 10Go for 50$, I would not take it.

A 30 dollars plan for 2 GB data would be perfect for me... but it's ok: I pay a bit more for more. I'm still very pleased with PM. I still can't find better right now.