cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of November 20, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective October 24th, 2018 we are bringing back our 6GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only.

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

What happens if the “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

72 REPLIES 72

@Poogzley, if you are in Quebec why aren't you jumping all over that?  As a National Carrier I can't see PM offering deals like that as it seems Quebec always gets the best deals.  How  long is that promo price good for and what does it go to after the introductory period?

As well if you go into the plans page it was updated you can get 6.5GB for $45 now.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K wrote:

Update as of November 20, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective October 24th, 2018 we are bringing back our 6GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only.

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

I guess Public Mobile no longer feels the need to be competitive. Smiley Sad Why can't you be a market leader and offer this deal year and others like it year round? This seems like a particularly bad decision to drop the promotion on the same day the FIZZ network launches!

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 7.55.56 PM.png

Now they FIZZ is the market leader offering the same plan you did but at $5.25! (only valid today) Why can't Public Mobile give promotions like this?!? Smiley Mad

@Alan_K @CS_Agent I would love to get your input on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @smp99: May I direct you to the repeated phrasing..."during commitment period". Our commitment period is 30 days (or 90). They are saying that they could change the rate anytime...but not during our commitment period so as to extract more money from us during so. After our 30 days (or 90) are up then we would see the price change and decide to continue or not and restart another commitment period.

But I'm no lawyer.

We haven't seen a price change for a while either so none of us are sure as to exactly what will happen when it does. I'm just going by what is written and my interpretation of it.

smp99

Settle down boys

Taken from CRTC website, section on the Wireless Code - you can skip down to point 2.1

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

Basically prepaid committment period is to end of your 30/90 days. 30 days before any changes

D. Changes to contracts and related documents

1. Changes to key contract terms and conditions
  1. A service provider must not change the key contract terms and conditions of a postpaid wireless contract during the commitment period without the account holder’s or authorized user’s informed and express consent.
  2. When a service provider notifies a customer that it intends to change a key contract term or condition during the commitment period, the account holder or authorized user may refuse the change.
  3. As an exception, a service provider may only change a key contract term or condition during the commitment period without the account holder’s or authorized user’s express consent if it clearly benefits the customer by either
    1. reducing the rate for a single service; or
    2. increasing the customer’s usage allowance for a single service.
2. Changes to other contract terms and conditions or related documents
  1. If, during the commitment period, a service provider wishes to change other contract terms and conditions or the related documents, it must provide the account holder with at least 30 calendar days’ notice before making such changes.
  2. This notice must explain the change and when it will take effect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, if you read my previous post above, I was notified via an SMS message from Public Mobile that the plan was going, raising the price.  How is this not notice from Public Mobile?

I'm done explaining.

That was then. You said it yourself... "tos at the time". The wording now seems to be that they can change the price without notice. I wasn't here then. Maybe after the big backlash they changed the wording. I dunno.

@Anonymous, if you read my previous post above, I was notified via an SMS message from Public Mobile that the plan was going, raising the price.  How is this not notice from Public Mobile?

I'm done explaining.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, @Poogzley,

Copied this from the Services Terms link available at the bottom of every page today, November 16, 2018, at 10:36 Eastern Time :

Can the terms of service change? Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

NOTE : the bold is my mark up.

Thanks stonechucker. Yes. I linked to that in another thread. But it's not *really* notice is it. Before renewing each time, who's going to go look and see if anything has changed.

Notice, to me, would be "Dear Mr. stonechucker: your rate plan price is about to change".

Would the regulars here hear about it? Certainly. But the many thousands of satisfied customers would just go about renewing their plans and then discover afterwards that the price changed. *Then* we would hear about it. 🙂

@Anonymous, @Poogzley,

Copied this from the Services Terms link available at the bottom of every page today, November 16, 2018, at 10:36 Eastern Time :

Can the terms of service change? Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

NOTE : the bold is my mark up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Here's my experience.  I'm a member since summer 2016.  I am on the Fall Promo (activated in December 2016) on the 12GB 90-day cycle $120 plan that everyone is envious of.

I am still on this plan.  In February 2018, Public Mobile advised by text message, they were going to raise my plan price in late March or early April of 2018 to $150.  There was a huge backlash.  They cancelled the increase, and I'm on this plan and price is still $120/90-day cycle.

I was given at least 30-days notice as agreed to in the terms of service at the time.

That is good to know 😁

Thank you for sharing!

@Poogzley: Check the specific keywords used. ToS "at the time". They've changed the wording. They can change it now if they feel like it. Really...like any business.

Poogzley

@stonechucker wrote:

Here's my experience.  I'm a member since summer 2016.  I am on the Fall Promo (activated in December 2016) on the 12GB 90-day cycle $120 plan that everyone is envious of.

I am still on this plan.  In February 2018, Public Mobile advised by text message, they were going to raise my plan price in late March or early April of 2018 to $150.  There was a huge backlash.  They cancelled the increase, and I'm on this plan and price is still $120/90-day cycle.

I was given at least 30-days notice as agreed to in the terms of service at the time.

That is good to know 😁

Thank you for sharing!

Poogzley

@Effort wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

If I select this plan is the price locked in or is it variable based on future rates/offers?

The price of you plan will be locked in.  It will not change as long as you do not change your plan.

Public Mobile as able to change rates without notice. Nothing is guaranteed.

This seems like it would punish those who have auto-pay enabled.  Has PM ever increased rates for their old plans?

Effort

@popping wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

If I select this plan is the price locked in or is it variable based on future rates/offers?

The price of you plan will be locked in.  It will not change as long as you do not change your plan.

Public Mobile as able to change rates without notice. Nothing is guaranteed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

As I understand it, the price stays until Public Mobile decides to give you a months (30 days) notice that they intend to raise the price. But that would of course also happen to everybody.

Edit: Effort is right. Actually they can just change prices whenever they like. If you renew with that price then you've agreed to it.

Offers are up to you to take up.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley wrote:

Poogzley

@Bubba

This specific promotion has been still time limted the last year.  Comes and goes.  Here for several weeks, then goes away for awhile and comes back.  

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I havent checked in in a while even though I actually put it on my auto calendar.

I thought this was the norm from last fall.

Does anyone know if this is the same price.

When they orininally introduced the 3G lower speed with the 1Gig + 1Gig (bonus), wasnt the price cheaper.  for people who wanted to switch from the original 1Gig (which became ( 4G speed)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

I want my 100 dollar andcmy plan expire Sunday and I wnqt the 100 back on the 45 unlimited canada wide and texting canada and USA with 6gb for 45 by sat 

Did you send a private message to the mods as suggested? That's about all that you can do. They are the ones to get into your account. Be sure to send all the proper identifying information or you'll enjoy more delays.

crystalholtby78

I want my 100 dollar andcmy plan expire Sunday and I wnqt the 100 back on the 45 unlimited canada wide and texting canada and USA with 6gb for 45 by sat 

Carld123

But you never know...the community is here for any question or problem...if there is a fix...it will be fixed....

Carld123

1=probably

2= maybe

3=maybe..but probably not..

srlawren

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

I had the 50 plan 8.5 and balance off 103 and now someone change it to 40 and took balance I want my 100 dollar back 

@crystalholtby78 Not sure how the happened--basically 3 possibilities:

1) You did it yourself in self-serve and didn't realize or forgot you changed the plan

2) Someone else with access to your self-serve username and password changed the plan

3) A moderator did this by accident while trying to help someone else

Regardless of the cause, the way you can get help with this is to private message the moderator team.  You can learn how to do that here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745.  Please be patient, they are currently taking approx 2-3 days (sometimes even a little longer) to reply.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

crystalholtby78

I had the 50 plan 8.5 and balance off 103 and now someone change it to 40 and took balance I want my 100 dollar back 

mimmo

@Susanbilly wrote:

Been trying to change my plan for 10 mins now. Sent a cpl messages yesterday to @CS_Agent and no repsonse back

Do you get5 an error?  what does it say?  last month i tried to switch plans and got an error.  renewed my existing plan and had mods  change plan after the fact  and credit my available balance.  i woudl do the same case in your situation.  if the new plan is more costly add teh difference and ask the mods to change it after the fact.

send a screen shot of the error message as proof etc.  mods are replying 72+ hours.

Susanbilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been trying to change my plan for 10 mins now. Sent a cpl messages yesterday to @CS_Agent and no repsonse back

Chanah

You can go to the build your own plan section and get 8 gigs, US and Canada calling, and unlimited text for $50. Which may or may not help, based on your number of !!! 

🙂

Djsavmarie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need more than  6gb !!!! 

CheeseMasta

Wow that is a really cool plan

ghostae

thank you!

Need Help? Let's chat.