cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

@smp99 wrote:

So with this 'new' plan at $25 it really brings into question the value of:

$20 unl ProvWide Talk only

$25 unl ProvWide Talk&text plans

They should drop the $25 plan to $20 and make it CdaWide talk & text

Drop the provWide talk only to $15 and possibly make that CdaWide as well.

Otherwise those plans at their current state are fairly weak. 

I'd definately be receptive to that. My folks are currently on the Province Wide $20 plan. If the $25 dataless plan became $20 I would switch them to that without a second thought as then I would be able to text them besides just call. I'd like to get them away from being Province locked because I travel for work, but they have no use for data or texting so it isn't worth upping them to one of the current Canada wides. If their current plan became $15 that would be nice too, but in all honesty, I think the current $20 Province Wide calling only plan just needs to retire rather than be reduced further.

People seem to be really impressed by this plan.  It's be interesting to see if this ends up being more popular than Fall Promo.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

People seem to be really impressed by this plan.  It's be interesting to see if this ends up being more popular than Fall Promo.

@computergeek541 I'm sure there's some overlap, but the two are aimed at different markets.

The 2016 Fall Promo was better suited to medium-to-sorta-heavy data users.  Others like @stonechucker for example may have gravitated to it simply because it offered very good value compared to other plans available at the time, from PM and elsewhere, even though it may have been more (sometimes much more) data than they needed.

This new plan is aimed more toward budget-conscious people that are pretty light data users but also need plenty of (aka unlimited) nation-wide calling and international texting.  I guess there could be people like I mentioned that took the 2016 Fall Promo plan but have never/rarely ever used most of the data and would like to save some $15/30 days.  That's the overlap.  I guess the question is, how big is that overlap? 

But yes....this should prove to be very popular!

I'm thinking about moving my mother over from Fido finally.  I'm (it's in my name and I pay the bill--I'm a good son haha) paying $40/month currently for BYOD plan that gives her 500 nationwide mins (unlimited evenings and weekends), unlimited texting (might be limited to Canada but she's not very global!), and 500MB of data.  It's been plenty for her for years (she also still has a home phone with unlimited nation-wide, which she uses for her long marathon calls with various family and friends out of town), other than 1 month she got close to her mins and did go over her data, but it only cost me $7.  She was visiting family in Ontario for a good chunk of that month and didn't think to connect to their WiFi networks and so on.  She doesn't need itnernational roaming, she doesn't need VoLTE or VoWiFi, she currently has RCS with Fido but wouldn't miss it since most of her SMS contacts don't have it.  She'd be a pretty good candidate, I think.  Oh and of course she has me to manage the account and such.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

[Deleted]

This is perfect plan! With 1GB data you should be able to do many things. You will not find any cheaper than this....

Perfect plan for low data users! You will not find any cheaper than this....

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I switch to this plan will I lose my monthly rewards as they are on my previous plan?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now ---now I think many would agree that it a great new d...

Now ---now I think many would agree that it a great new deal but really also very inconsiderate to present plan holders. Just a few days ago I signed up for the identical plan but for $30/month.

@judal wrote:

If I switch to this plan will I lose my monthly rewards as they are on my previous plan?

As long as you meet the requirements to earn those rewards, you willl continue to earn them.  The same with the credits, as long as you meet the requirements for the promotion credits (eg. $10 credit for 6 months, for plans at $30 or more) you will get the credits.

Re: Now ---now I think many would agree that it a great new d...

@coffee wrote:

Now ---now I think many would agree that it a great new deal but really also very inconsiderate to present plan holders. Just a few days ago I signed up for the identical plan but for $30/month.

And I renewed on my $30 plan 2 weeks ago? I'm not sure how offering everyone (on the old $30 plan), including you, a discount on their future payments is inconsiderate. Just go to your account and tell it you want to switch to this new offer at the time of your next renewal. I am quite happy they are being considerate to existing customers and not making it for new subs only.