cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

Nicolecurrie21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would stick with or go with Public! Even tho there is no customer service over the phone the community is amazing. If they can’t help you a Mod usually answers within hours. Their customer service is second to none and the community is the best! So many perks with Public. I wish I had know about them long before I did! 

ipkonfig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

Unlimited Canada wide calling and texting! Honestly a great plan for the price. 

Thank you for this info

Nicolecurrie21

Unlimited Canada wide calling and texting! Honestly a great plan for the price. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ipkonfig wrote:

One question - which network will my mobile latch on to, when I am roaming in USA?

If you're setting is on auto then it should find T-Mobile or AT&T. If manual then you'll need to scan for and find and connect to either of them.

ipkonfig

One question - which network will my mobile latch on to, when I am roaming in USA?

@Mayellah wrote:

Is this a rotating promotion? Will it always be 1GIG plus the unlimited feature for $25?
I've been having issues changing my plan and being charged ( New subscriber/yesterday & personal messaged a MOD in regards to above plan change issue )

Thanks!!!

If you schedule the change now for the next renewal day even if they terminate the deal you will still transfer to that plan. So you will secure it and get to use what you paid for this month.

If you switch now you'll basically lose your money. If yo happen to use up your data then maybe it's worth considering as 1g topup is 30

Hope this helps

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Now this is back to sticky.  easier to see.   Many though its over. Cat Happy

Pizzaeh

@Mayellah wrote:

Is this a rotating promotion? Will it always be 1GIG plus the unlimited feature for $25?
I've been having issues changing my plan and being charged ( New subscriber/yesterday & personal messaged a MOD in regards to above plan change issue )

Thanks!!!

Here is the link to the announcement; there has been no end date announced. 

Once you activate a plan, you pay for a 30 day cycle (or 90 days).  If you decide to change plans (effective right away) before the 30 days are up, you will forfeit the remainder of those 30 days; there is no pro-rating of fees for pre-paid service.  You will also be charged the full amount of the plan you're changing to right away.  Since you've already paid for the first 30 day cycle, it is better to schedule the plan change for the next renewal date.  

Mayellah

Thanks!!!

@MoreYummy wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

This special plan still availlable? 

Yes, see my post just above. ;o)

Yup. found it.  Isnt it available until end of march from the annoucement?

You're confusing this plan with a couple of promotions that did end on March 31st.  This plan has never had any expiry date attached to it.

Pizzaeh

@MoreYummy wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

No end date has been announced for it, so it may stick around for some time.

Get-500-MB-500-MB-AutoPay-bonus-at-3G-speed-for-25

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

Pizzaeh

@MoreYummy wrote:

Pizzaeh

@ipkonfig wrote:

Does this plan come with unlimited texting within Canada?

Heck yes! Check it out...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/25for500MB-3Gspeed

@ipkonfig wrote:

Yes, it does. You can actually send texts to any country while you are connected to the network in Canada.

ipkonfig

Horemansuk

Agréé. Best in Canada.

Data?... Almost anywhere i walk in has wifi.. my usage on wireless has definitely gone down.

a1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nice!

smp99

@Bhmikamistry wrote:

Hi,

$25 credit for referring friend still working?

bhumi

No, that promo is now over

SkimGuy

@uma1016 wrote:

I had a 30$ plan with unlimited Canada wide calls, international text, and 500mb data 

but this plan gives me 1gb instead of only 500mb and the plan costs 5$ less, n I switched definitely

$25 30-days
3G
  • 500 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • + BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

Yep, this new plan definitely is one of the leaders in the value department 

uma1016

I had a 30$ plan with unlimited Canada wide calls, international text, and 500mb data 

but this plan gives me 1gb instead of only 500mb and the plan costs 5$ less, n I switched definitely

$25 30-days
3G
  • 500 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • + BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bhmikamistry wrote:

Hi,

bhumi

@Bhmikamistry 

That promo expired Sunday, Mar.31 midnight ET.  However, if you did an online (not in-store) activation before that deadline, the credit could take up to 72 hours to appear in your account, according to the terms of the promo.

Bhmikamistry

Hi,

bhumi

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Psygineer wrote:

Swapping plans again for me! I was on the $30 for 500 MB, Unlimited Canada Call/Text, then uped that to 1 GB for no extra charge, and now I get all that and an extra $5 in my pocket, sold!

Me too.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lucky is Bell and on Bell's network. It is throttled LTE (limited to 3Mbps) which is the data rate for 3G.

One thing to note is that there is no LTE possibility with Lucky as opposed to PM where, if you find yourself wanting a 4G option, you can upgrade to LTE plans/add-ons.

There should be no difference in network coverage as Bell and Telus essentially use each other's towers.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I believe it is the same type of idea as PM, except it is run on Bell's Network. 

Only difference I can see, is that you don't get the 2$ off a month for Pre-Pay

@Speedypear Losses when moving Lucky would be all rewards plus no help from us.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Speedypear

This plan from public seems similar to Lucky Mobile's $25 plan. Both offer unlimited Canada-wide calls and texts, with 1gb data (500 mb + 500 mb for being on auto pay).

Anybody have insights on the pros and cons of Public and Lucky? Could Lucky's 3G data possibly be slower than Public's (which I've heard is throttled LTE or "LTE Lite" and acceptable in speed)?

What would I lose if I went with Lucky? Just referral and community bonuses I'm assuming. 

Thanks for your thoughts 🙂

I haven't been with pm long enough to see myself but I've read here in community about great deals expiring.

Since I joined everything i saw  disappeare was replaced by something more awesome, and this plan is a great example: there was the same plan that costed 30 and the day it disappeared it was replaced by this one. I don't know if it will go back to 30 or if it is here too stay for long time any more than I know if 25 referral would be offered every again (though I really hope the second one is true)

To be honest I just dropped in to check if referral promotion got extended again, it still shows up, so you never know:)

Need Help? Let's chat.