cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi,

Its I regular 500mb data and 500mb data for life time or bonus 500mb data for only one month?

Vimal

Same answer as above....Data bonus applies as long as plan is kept active and autopay turned on.

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Its I regular 500mb data and 500mb data for life time or bonus 500mb data for only one month?

Vimal

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Am I right to assume that this offer of 500 Meg Auto Pay bonus continues each month for the life of plan. If so I wanna switch right now Yahoo!

Or is it a one month sign up insentive?  Man Embarassed

By the way I just got my grandson on this plan this evening and he loves it.

Alberta Sewer Rat

DvAbCanEh!

Data bonus applies as long as plan is kept active and autopay turned on.

@DvAbCanEh 

As long as you sign up for autopay, you will get the extra +500 MB per month ongoing.  

Of course, Public mobile does have the right to increase the price of plans in the future.  No recent price increases though.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Am I right to assume that this offer of 500 Meg Auto Pay bonus continues each month for the life of plan. If so I wanna switch right now Yahoo!

Alberta Sewer Rat

DvAbCanEh!

Yes. But the company always holds the right to change whatever they like.

Edit: And then there are people still on a famed "Fall 2016" plan.

The duration of the special price is not specified.

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Alberta Sewer Rat

DvAbCanEh!

scaneysfc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow! Thank you so much for posting this!  It's the perfect plan for me, I've switched to it already.  Thank you again!Heart

@MagFhinn wrote:

Anyone know how long the offer is available until? This plan is perfect for my parents, I ordered the sim cards for them yesterday, hoping it doesnt expire before the SIM cards get here and I can get them setup.

Cheers!

No expiry date has been set for this offer.

MagFhinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know how long the offer is available until? This plan is perfect for my parents, I ordered the sim cards for them yesterday, hoping it doesnt expire before the SIM cards get here and I can get them setup.

Cheers!

Tooba

Thank you very much 

Sekiro

@Pizzaeh  Ahhh yes, I should have said he will also get the $1 refer-a-friend reward. Bad choice of words, I apologize!

@Tooba  You will get $1 for every year you stay with PM and up to $5 for 5 years/onwards.

Screenshot_13.png

Tooba

Thank you for your help 

Tooba

Hi i'm on a $33 a month plan. Am I still going to get loyalty points? 

Pizzaeh

@Sekiro wrote:

@Pizzaeh  You forgot to mention he should also get a $1 refer-a-friend reward from his son.

Thanks @Sekiro, no I didn't, they're asking to sort out the $25 referral credits.  

Sekiro

@Tooba  Hope this answers your question!

Screenshot_12.png

Sekiro

@Pizzaeh  You forgot to mention he should also get a $1 refer-a-friend reward from his son.

Tooba

Hi i'm a lagacy customer since 2013 if I switch to this special offer $25 a month am I going to get my loyalty points?

Pizzaeh

@zigkiss wrote:

I signed up about a week ago, activated at home using a referal number and I also activated a phone for my son using my phone number for a referal and I haven't got either $25 credit showing up?

HI @zigkiss, I answered your question in another thread, but the details here are slightly different, so I'll try answering it here too.

If you activated your line a week ago, online using a referral (not your son's account) you should receive a $25 referral credit and the person that referred you would receive a $25 referral credit.  Then if you activated your son's account, using your number for the referral, you would receive another $25 credit, while your son's account would receive a $25 referral credit.  If that is both activations occurred, then your account should end up with $50 in referral credits and your son's account should end up with a $25 referral credit.  

You can contact the mods by sending them a private message your account balance is incorrect.  

Sekiro

@zigkiss  Hey same thing happened to me, contact and mod and they'll manually apply the credits for you!

zigkiss

I signed up about a week ago, activated at home using a referal number and I also activated a phone for my son using my phone number for a referal and I haven't got either $25 credit showing up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you activated online in a store using their wifi then it's likely that your activation looked like an in store activation.

@Anonymous FYI there is a activation separate portal that retailers use, so just using a retailer's WiFi shouldn't make it look to PM as if it was a retail activation.  That said, the second part of your post is sadly true.

The theory that I'm going on is that the store has a fixed ip that the provider uses to know that an activation came from a store. I would assume that the store wifi would go out the same ip.

It only comes from the many people that have said that they activated "online" in the store from being told by the clerk that it was same activation as online. Lies? Probably. Possibility? Yes.

I obviously don't know what actually goes on behind the scenes technically.

Of course I could be wrong 🙂

seirin

You must have activated it in-store. If you activate it online yourself with a referral you should get $25

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

If you activated online in a store using their wifi then it's likely that your activation looked like an in store activation.

@Anonymous FYI there is a activation separate portal that retailers use, so just using a retailer's WiFi shouldn't make it look to PM as if it was a retail activation.  That said, the second part of your post is sadly true.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonniebones wrote:

Hi I signed and activated my account online how come I only got $10 credit?

If you activated in a store then you get the standard $10 credit. If you activated online in a store using their wifi then it's likely that your activation looked like an in store activation.

Stores have been known to lie, cheat and steal to get the activation. If they told you you would get the $25 promo credit by activating in store then they lied to you. If they said their activation system is just like the online system then they lied to you.

@Bonniebones wrote:

Online ..in a store? Or at home? 

Bonniebones
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahenz24 

And keep the SIM. Even better if you have the original card and if it's tri-SIM.

A Freedom SIM (active or not) is a known workaround for some Android 8.1 phones. You could save the day if you meet up with a fellow customer trying to get their data working.

Pizzaeh

@mahenz24 wrote:

Hi, 

I have sim from freedom can i use the number here in prublic or do i have to buy a sim from publicmobile. Cheers

You can port your number from Freedom to Public Mobile. Yes, you need to buy a Public Mobile SIM card.

Sekiro

@mahenz24  you would need to purchase a public mobile sim card and activate it online. Then port your existing number from freedom to public mobile using self serve by clicking on change number in your overview tab .

@mahenz24 wrote:

Hi, 

I have sim from freedom can i use the number here in prublic or do i have to buy a sim from publicmobile. Cheers

You can transfer the phone number but would still need to purchase a Public Mobile sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.