cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

@mahenz24 wrote:

Hi, 

I have sim from freedom can i use the number here in prublic or do i have to buy a sim from publicmobile. Cheers

You can port your number from Freedom to Public Mobile. Yes, you need to buy a Public Mobile SIM card.

Mayor / Maire

@mahenz24 

And keep the SIM. Even better if you have the original card and if it's tri-SIM.

A Freedom SIM (active or not) is a known workaround for some Android 8.1 phones. You could save the day if you meet up with a fellow customer trying to get their data working.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I signed and activated my account online how come I only got $10 credit?

Mayor / Maire

@Bonniebones wrote:

Online ..in a store? Or at home? 

Mayor / Maire

@Bonniebones wrote:

If you activated in a store then you get the standard $10 credit. If you activated online in a store using their wifi then it's likely that your activation looked like an in store activation.

Stores have been known to lie, cheat and steal to get the activation. If they told you you would get the $25 promo credit by activating in store then they lied to you. If they said their activation system is just like the online system then they lied to you.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

If you activated online in a store using their wifi then it's likely that your activation looked like an in store activation.

@z10user4 FYI there is a activation separate portal that retailers use, so just using a retailer's WiFi shouldn't make it look to PM as if it was a retail activation.  That said, the second part of your post is sadly true.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You must have activated it in-store. If you activate it online yourself with a referral you should get $25

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

If you activated online in a store using their wifi then it's likely that your activation looked like an in store activation.

@z10user4 FYI there is a activation separate portal that retailers use, so just using a retailer's WiFi shouldn't make it look to PM as if it was a retail activation.  That said, the second part of your post is sadly true.

The theory that I'm going on is that the store has a fixed ip that the provider uses to know that an activation came from a store. I would assume that the store wifi would go out the same ip.

It only comes from the many people that have said that they activated "online" in the store from being told by the clerk that it was same activation as online. Lies? Probably. Possibility? Yes.

I obviously don't know what actually goes on behind the scenes technically.

Of course I could be wrong Smiley Happy

I signed up about a week ago, activated at home using a referal number and I also activated a phone for my son using my phone number for a referal and I haven't got either $25 credit showing up?

@zigkiss  Hey same thing happened to me, contact and mod and they'll manually apply the credits for you!