cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

RobertWesley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I sign up for this plan do I forfeit my $10 a month for 6 months credit that I received for signing up last month?

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is what I am talking about Public Mobile.

Keep this up.

publicmobilesir

@theOG wrote:

Is this $25 before taxes right? Maybe this plan would be great for my parents.

Get them this. Because there’s nothing better out. 

sunflowershine

@theOG wrote:

@theOG , if your parents activate before Mar 18, you have referral rewards too. But make sure activation done online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@theOG wrote:

Yes to the taxes.

theOG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

publicmobilesir

Lol yeah. We got the SIM card from superstore. No problems from them. I think I need a beer after all this. 

Pizzaeh

@publicmobilesir wrote:

Sorry we went to the mall and walked by the Chatr kiosk and WoW mobile kiosk and I went to the washroom and she went to get the SIM card. She ended up going to the Chatr kiosk instad of the WOW kiosk and in my rage I got the information confused after she told me

Siblings are great! 

publicmobilesir

Sorry we went to the mall and walked by the Chatr kiosk and WoW mobile kiosk and I went to the washroom and she went to get the SIM card. She ended up going to the Chatr kiosk instad of the WOW kiosk and in my rage I got the information confused after she told me

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@publicmobilesir wrote:

Never mind there isn’t an official public mobile kiosk. My sister is crazy. 

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

publicmobilesir

Never mind there isn’t an official public mobile kiosk. My sister is crazy. 

SD08

@publicmobilesir wrote:

Omg sorry I mean Public Mobile. I was so mad I mixed them up. I went to a Public Mobile kiosk and they wouldn’t sell it 

@publicmobilesir 

Really?  Which location was this?

Least of all would I expect PM kiosks to give customers a hassle with SIM-only sales. Not good at all.  PM should be made aware of this.

Edit:  False alarm, not PM kiosk

publicmobilesir

Omg sorry I mean Public Mobile. I was so mad I mixed them up. I went to a Public Mobile kiosk and they wouldn’t sell it 

SD08

@publicmobilesir wrote:

I went to an official Chatr store not Walmart and they won’t sell me a SIM card. I need just a sim so I can go home and Get the full $25 referral

Chatr stores won't have Public Mobile SIMs.  They're a competitor, not even affiliated with the Telus brand.

If you need a PM SIM, you should to go to Wow Mobile, K-Mobile, The Mobile Shop, or London Drugs.

publicmobilesir

I went to an official Chatr store not Walmart and they won’t sell me a SIM card. I need just a sim so I can go home and Get the full $25 referral

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank so much PM you are the best in the market right now 

Best price, Best value, Best network.

Thanks Public Mobile

Pizzaeh

Who's on first?

vktoronto
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i sent you a pm

sunflowershine

@AJ9 wrote:

Sorry if this question has already been answered in another thread...

What happens after I use up all 1GB data in this plan? Do I still get data at reduced speed or not at all till next renewal?

@AJ9 , you need to buy an add-on data plan if you use up the 1 GB data. 

@zbhanji wrote:

How do I get referred so that I can get the $10 credit.

Am I correct in my understanding that unlimited International text includes unlimited Canadian texts as well?

Thank you

Yes, this plan includes text messaging while you are in Canada to anywhere.

To get referred, you will need to enter the phone number of the person who referred you during the activation processs.  You have to tell it, "yes, I was referred".  Also, if you do the activation yourself online at home, that credit increases for you from $10 and goes up to $25 (until March 18).

Pizzaeh

@AJ9 wrote:

What happens after I use up all 1GB data in this plan? Do I still get data at reduced speed or not at all till next renewal?

The data will stop working.  There is a 1GB add-on you can buy.

AJ9

zbhanji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get referred so that I can get the $10 credit.

Am I correct in my understanding that unlimited International text includes unlimited Canadian texts as well?

Thank you

Kind333

Thank you

AJ9

@Kind333 wrote:

good offer, anyone knows the deadline of this plan.

From the first post "the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days"

From what I understand from the above is this plan will be available as a regular offering...

@Kind333 wrote:

No deadline yet!! You can choose this new plan for the next renewal date and see if you are still interesting... if not you can report for the next renewal date again..till the plan maybe will disappear...

Kind333

AJ9

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

Excellent move by PM to lower the price of the plan.

I am on the $30 plan with the $10/6 months credit promo which was activated in Dec-2018. I want to keep the $10 promo for the remaining 3 months, and then change to this $25 plan.

When I go into self-serve > Change Plan option, I see the "change at next renewal date" option. How do I set it to make the change at a "future date", in June 2019 in my case?

Thanks.

Tips from @computergeek541 and @stonechucker ....

Instead of changing plans right away, the only other option is to set it up to change on the next renewal date; can't be set further than that.  When it gets close to the renewal date, cancel the plan change, allowing your $30 plan to renew (so you get the $10 credit), then immediately re-schedule the plan change upon your next renewal date.  Continue doing that, for the next three/four renewals, until you've received all the $10 credits.  The special offer plan must be available when setting up the plan change on your next renewal date.

OK thanks for the confirmation.

Pizzaeh

@AJ9 wrote:

Excellent move by PM to lower the price of the plan.

I am on the $30 plan with the $10/6 months credit promo which was activated in Dec-2018. I want to keep the $10 promo for the remaining 3 months, and then change to this $25 plan.

When I go into self-serve > Change Plan option, I see the "change at next renewal date" option. How do I set it to make the change at a "future date", in June 2019 in my case?

Thanks.

Tips from @computergeek541 and @stonechucker ....

Instead of changing plans right away, the only other option is to set it up to change on the next renewal date; can't be set further than that.  When it gets close to the renewal date, cancel the plan change, allowing your $30 plan to renew (so you get the $10 credit), then immediately re-schedule the plan change upon your next renewal date.  Continue doing that, for the next three/four renewals, until you've received all the $10 credits.  The special offer plan must be available when setting up the plan change on your next renewal date.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

good question, I dont know if you can,  curious to hear from the community

Need Help? Let's chat.