cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of 9:35AM ET June 25, 2018: This plan is now expired. 

Hey Community,

For a limited time only, Public Mobile is offering a $40 for 4 GB at 3G speed plan which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International text. This offer is available for new and current customers. Plus, if you sign-up or renew on this plan and refer a friend, you and your friend will also be eligible for our new and improved  Refer a Friend Reward. Let the savings begin!

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get this Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer, what is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

You may choose to change your plan immediately or on your next renewal date. Here is the difference:

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.
  • Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

256 REPLIES 256

tinale31
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, I know

@tinale31 wrote:

The money was sitting in my available funds, and today was the day it renewed to my old plan $30 for 500 gb. So I choose the 'active my new plan now' tab, and it won't let me. 

Then if you have already sent a private message to the moderators all you can do is wait for them to reply.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tinale31

The money was sitting in my available funds, and today was the day it renewed to my old plan $30 for 500 gb. So I choose the 'active my new plan now' tab, and it won't let me. 

tinale31

I have tried all of that

@tinale31 wrote:

It is active

So your line is active and you have made an additional payment for the plan change but not working?  Is the money sitting in your available funds?  If it is sitting there and you want to do an immediate change you can "re-Purchase" the addon and it should work.  Doing an immediate plan change will forfeit any of your current plan without refund or prorating of the new plan.  You can also future date your plan change to your next renewal date.  If none of this helps you should private message the mods.  The link to do tha is in my signature.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tinale31

Where are the moderators! I have personally messege them so many times. They never replied back. How do you find help around here. 

tinale31

It is active

@tinale31 wrote:

I've tried to switch to this plan, but it won't let me. Can I have some help. 

Is your account active and not in a suspended state?

gharz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Clayoquot,

I just switched to Public Mobile from Virgin Mobile yesterday Jun 18 and decided on the same day that I want to change my plan and go with the $40 promo.

I messaged the @CS_Agent last night when I had the chance but no response yet so far.

Thanks.

MBT

Nice this fair deal is back!

Could only be better if it were LTE 😉

Clayoquot

Definitely cause to contact the Mods then! I experienced some glitches with the billing myself, but they were able to fix it. Does your My Account page show the top-up $ by any chance?

tinale31

I did top up my account. It charged me $45.20 on my credit card, and I wasn't able to get the plan. 

Clayoquot

If you have it set up to change plans immediately, as opposed to on the next bill cycle, I think you need to first top up the funds to pay for the new plan (which won’t prorate what you’ve already paid). 

TW

tinale31

Yeah I think something is wrong. I need a moderators help, thanks though

tinale31

It just won't let me click anything. 

Clayoquot

You might want to contact a Moderator with a private message, they can have direct access to your account details. 

But let’s see if I can help ... when you try and change your plan, what message are you given when it won’t let you? 

TW

tinale31

I've tried to switch to this plan, but it won't let me. Can I have some help. 

Clayoquot

Hi  gharz

There's no specific penalty for switiching, but just be warned that if you're early on in your billing cycle that there's no prorating for the service you've already prepaid for, meaning that  depending on where you are in your billing cycle you could be re-paying some portion of that $40 again when you renew (and setting up a new bill cycle of course). 

Cheers,
TW

jp2

Unknown at this time. You can do a future dated plan change whenever that will lock it in so even if you plan renews after the promo is over you will still get it 

tsunami

When is the last day of this promo?

jp2

@gharz you will need to send a private message to the mods to see if they can change your plan immediately 

Or if you can wait until your renewal you can do a future dated plan change your self on your account that will come into affect at your next renewal 

gharz

@GreatCanadian wrote:

EDIT: Let me know exactly what it is you are trying to do. Are you trying to switch to the new plan on your renewal date, or do you want to switch immediately. We can walk you through future-dating your plan.

GC

Hi @GreatCanadian,

I just switched from Virgin Mobile today Jun 18, 2018 and I built my own plan - 30-day Canada and US long distance, int'l texting and 2gb 3g data. However, I just realized that the plan that I made doesn't meet my need and I wanted to switch it today to the $40-4Gb at 3G promo.

Can I still switch today without any penalty or something? Any idea?

Regards,

GY

HereIsNow

@smp99 wrote:

@HereIsNow wrote:

So just to verify, if I'm currently on the $40 2.5 GB plan, will it automatically switch to the $40 4 GB plan upon renewal or do I have to manually change the plan?

It will not automatically change. You have to manually go in to your self serve account and change plans to this new one. You should click 'change on next renewal' so you don't lose out on any days left on your current plan cycle.

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if this was a bonus to the existing $40 plan or a brand new plan. Changing it now, thanks!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LEERSMITH1969 wrote:

please change my plan to the $40 for 4 GB at 3G plus unlimited calling and texting for my new SIM number 306 580 2020

Go into self serve and make the change

tylah

I did the exact same thing earlier this month, it is super easy to change it yourself though. Thankfully these things are not just for new customers, just go to 'change plan' and adjust accordingly.

smp99

@HereIsNow wrote:

So just to verify, if I'm currently on the $40 2.5 GB plan, will it automatically switch to the $40 4 GB plan upon renewal or do I have to manually change the plan?

It will not automatically change. You have to manually go in to your self serve account and change plans to this new one. You should click 'change on next renewal' so you don't lose out on any days left on your current plan cycle.

GreatCanadian

@LEERSMITH1969,

You can do that in your self-serve account. It's not clear to me if you just activated, or are in the middle of a cycle. Also, you shouldn't post any personal information here (such as your phone number). This is a public forum.

EDIT: Let me know exactly what it is you are trying to do. Are you trying to switch to the new plan on your renewal date, or do you want to switch immediately. We can walk you through future-dating your plan.

GC

GreatCanadian

@Hurryupmoveit

The $10 will show up in their account as a credit a few days after the account is activated. So really, it would be applied to the second payment.

GC

Hurryupmoveit

Question about the $10 credit for my friend...

Will the $10 credit be applied on the very first payment or 2nd payment?

Asking because I have some friends visiting from outside of Canada for only one month and need a sim card.

LEERSMITH1969

please change my plan to the $40 for 4 GB at 3G plus unlimited calling and texting for my new SIM number 306 580 2020

Need Help? Let's chat.