Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Sale: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Sept 17 - 22

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 17 to September 22 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by September 22 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 22 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

49 REPLIES 49

@mstone923 

Open box and some factory sealed Huawei P-40 lite, Samsung Dual SIM A31 and A32, Google pixel 3a xl and One Plus 7t are running between $200 to $400 currently at swiftronics.

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/smartphones/products/open-box-google-pixel-3a-xl-64gb-factory-unl...

@mstone923 

The google pixel 3 is back in stock at B&H Photo for US$170. I picked it up in July for US$130. They will price adjust within 30 days I think if it drops in price. You can't go wrong with the price but you should unlock the OEM before you insert a sim card. (Easy to do if you buy it.) There are very few phone cameras that are better and none at that price. Swiftronics in Toronto offer some pretty good deals on phones as well.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1636459-REG/google_ga00465_us_pixel_3_64gb_smartphone.html

@mstone923   Costco stores always  have some decent phones, no contract required , but around the price of $200 - $350.  Check it out.

Yes, Phones in Canada are usually more $$  😞  You should have got one from States

mstone923
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are super basic when it comes to phones - I know very little about fun or flashy details. We do like nice cameras and good storage space, plus a phone that we can rely on for several years. I would have said something less than $150, but am realizing that, being from the States, our expectations for quality within that budget simply don't fit the Canadian market 😲 I've heard good things about Costco sales. I also have several friends who found great deals on marketplace, though marketplace sketches me out a bit. Do you have tried & true vendors?

@mstone923 

There's a lot of other places to buy phones other than public mobile. What's your budget and what brands interest you? Must haves? Deal killers?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My bet is based on the frequency of the promos, and it being a semi-permanent promo, they'll end up adding the data permanently by the end of the year or next year. At least to the $35+ plans and (hopefully) reintroduce the $30 2 GB plan for the semi-light data users.

mstone923

I just sent CS_Agent a message this morning to that effect! We are looking to join Public, but the timing really is almost impossible, especially since their pre-owned phones are out of stock.

@Nishant7 

Did you have an issue adding the promocode 2GBBONUS? Another new customer had the same issue yesterday. As long as you activated online with a $35+ plan you can contact customer support as previously provided and ask for it to be added to your account. It takes up to 2 business days to appear in your account.

@Nishant7 wrote:

I am unable to redeem offer on 2GB extra data. I purchased a new Public sim yesterday and activated my number with $35 plan.

You forgot to add the code when you activated ?  If so, you can try to open a ticket with PM and they might be kind enough to add it back for you.

Or you meant you activated the plan with the code and still not see the extra 2GB?  If so, I might wait another day or two as it might take 2 full business days for the bonus to apply to your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahiti wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

@Anonymous 

1.  Does the above details come from PM policy somewhere?  If so, I'd appreciate the direct link.

2.  Was there any customer complain about taking more than 48 hours?

I ask above just for curiosity, as it used to take 2-few dayssss for CS reply.  Thanks in advance!

@Tahiti 

that info i getting from Agent by CS_Agent, by private message, before when i have one issue, and you can visit Here link , to you know more info..

Tahiti
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Nishant7 wrote:

I am unable to redeem offer on 2GB extra data. I purchased a new Public sim yesterday and activated my number with $35 plan.

Do u mean u tried to activate new account with a PM sim 1st time failed, then success in the 2nd try?  If so, I think your 1st SIM may still be re-usable, since no account was opened.

@Nishant7...

@Tahiti...make certain you've taken all steps correctly to be eligible for the bonus data. Here's the deets...

Starting September 17 to September 22 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by September 22 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 22 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

Tahiti

@Anonymous wrote:
please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

@Anonymous 

1.  Does the above details come from PM policy somewhere?  If so, I'd appreciate the direct link.

2.  Was there any customer complain about taking more than 48 hours?

I ask above just for curiosity, as it used to take 2-few dayssss for CS reply.  Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nishant7 wrote:

@Nishant7 

if you did Activated online and you missing the 2GB Free Bonus, you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , Explain your issue to
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your Email address,

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Nishant7

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is the never-ending promo like a never-ending story or a never-ending summer! Wait it's the last day summer. Ah bummer.😕 Time to let's this promo fall by the roadside and shrivel away and die so we can get a flash sale of colorful new promos!!🤓🍃🍁🍂

@LeePublic 

Sadly this has become bland and boring and only of interest to larger data users. I've been waiting for some kind of a promotion for a referral on the fence that doesn't need 5gb of data every month and nothing! Come on @J_PM can't you stir up something else? An old fashioned two way referral bonus? Geez.....

LeePublic

@BlueB This could be a great idea! Keep the 2 GB promo the same, but include a one time 500 MB or 1 GB with every $10 referral as a promo too, could apply to every plan even the $15 and $25 plans. 

BlueB

@softech 

This promo is nothing new, however, what could be interesting is making it a bit better by having two options @J_PM :

1. Have a new and different promotion!  It's a good promo but it doesn't feel special any more - really should be a one time thing.

2. Keep the "promo" that people can access via referral... so it's generally not available, however people can get it when a friend/family's referral code

Otherwise, we'll see this back next week!  🙂

@Tahiti 

Go to your profile>>settings>>check the Don't email me box but that will shut off all emails including private message responses from CSA's you will have to dig a little deeper in your settings if you want to pick and choose what emails from the community you want to recieve.

Screenshot_20210920-051201~2.png

Tahiti

@darlicious wrote:

@Tahiti 

It depends on your device. If it's a phone you cannot. Some tablets like mine if you set it horizontal you can get the 3 dots under the "PREVIEW" to show up which allows you to open up the toolbar to reveal the quote option. Otherwise you can only use the expanded toolbar in a pc, laptop or a desktop version of certain devices.

Extremely helpful!!  Especially the pictures attachment, thanks for going through so much trouble for me!!  I only use desktop version. 

barndoor

Too quote .=, hit reply , then expand toolbar(top right of toolbar) then  the large quotation marks should bring up the post that you are replying to . 

Oops  ...of course Darlicious beat me to it and did a much better job .   😀 😀

Ok  ...why when I type @Anonymous does it sometimes not highlight  the @username ? Just yet another  PM glitch ?  edited to add  ..oh but it did work this time  .... FFS 🙄

It does seem that there may be a customer here with the label @username  (of course it did give me 6 close choices that time  )  I'm not going to apologize for accidently alerting you  if you actually chose that username  . 😁

@Tahiti 

It depends on your device. If it's a phone you cannot. Some tablets like mine if you set it horizontal you can get the 3 dots under the "PREVIEW" to show up which allows you to open up the toolbar to reveal the quote option. Otherwise you can only use the expanded toolbar in a pc, laptop or a desktop version of certain devices.

@Tahiti wrote:

I see some replies here managed to QUOTE original comment (I copied and pasted) which he/she is replying to, how can I QUOTE?  Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20210920-050733~2.pngScreenshot_20210920-050809~2.png

Tahiti

@barndoor 

Thanks, u do have a very good point!!

BTW, how do u QUOTE my comment in your reply?  Thanks in advance!

Furthermore, there is a "Email me when someone replies", I'm unchecking it in every reply as I don't want too much email.  Anyway to turn that off globally?

barndoor

@Tahiti wrote:

@Anonymous 

I'm aware of 1 or 2 suppliers whom u can order online, may even provide free SIM, hence one cas still get this promotion.  I'm not sure if I can name the suppliers online, hence private message me if u or anyone is interested to know name(s) of supplier(s)

@Tahiti  that is a way to side step the issue indeed  ... but I think the point @z10user4  was making was if PM wants to keep the the sale in house and offer sims they need to assure customers they are going to stand behind the delivery time instead of leaving the consumer in a state of confusion  with a delivery date that will no way be within the time frame of the offer .

Tahiti

I see some replies here managed to QUOTE original comment (I copied and pasted) which he/she is replying to, how can I QUOTE?  Thanks in advance!

@Tahiti 

It's normally not an issue if you are not associated with the business. So if it's Amazon.ca for example it's not a problem to mention that you can order a SIM card from them.

barndoor

Tahiti

@Anonymous 

I'm aware of 1 or 2 suppliers whom u can order online, may even provide free SIM, hence one can still get this promotion.  I'm not sure if I can name the suppliers online here, hence private message me if u or anyone is interested to know name(s) of supplier(s)

Tahiti

Mayor / Maire

and for existing customer nothing will provide
public mobile have to provide special deals for existing customer,
i hope they will do something

PM did gift 1GB data in August 2019 to all existing customers, have not seen repeat.  Last 2 Christmas, all customers received bonus long distance minutes and bonus data, hope PM will repeat it this year.

Need Help? Let's chat.