Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until August 3rd at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store or visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by August 3, 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

83 REPLIES 83

Homeground
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks PM, for the nice welcome bonus to receive when I finally got around to activating the SIM that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Serendipity strikes again. Manual port of my existing PC Mobile number is in progress, but everything working great so far. Looking forward to some sweet referral 💰

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great, thanks !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danchvn wrote:

Just happened to have a spare unused Public Mobile sim here and moved my wife's phone over here today. looking forward to the free second month on her plan and the 1st friend referral on mine. 😊

I was pleasantly surprised how easy and quick the porting went. I figure 10 to 15 min from start to finish and didn't get any errors at all. only weird thing I noticed was that she initially received a text with a PIN that didn't match what we entered and very shortly afterwards another with the correct one.

I hope you did that referral code properly. You should have received a text telling you about the referral almost right away. You should see it in the rewards area of your overview page too.

@Danchvn 

Smart thinking! Its always a good idea to have a spare sim card lying around you never know when you might need one! I keep one in my bag just in case......its always best to be prepared. Welcome your wife to public mobile for us !

Danchvn

Just happened to have a spare unused Public Mobile sim here and moved my wife's phone over here today. looking forward to the free second month on her plan and the 1st friend referral on mine. 😊

I was pleasantly surprised how easy and quick the porting went. I figure 10 to 15 min from start to finish and didn't get any errors at all. only weird thing I noticed was that she initially received a text with a PIN that didn't match what we entered and very shortly afterwards another with the correct one.

@winston11 

Yes but how much are you saving from your old providers plan?

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh I wish it was a little earlier, opened my account two weeks ago 😞

@jimbobs 

In your statement "easily avoidable " im unsure what you mean by this? A  flash sale is exactly that be prepared to jump on it quickly otherwise you'll miss it. Otherwise its just a promotion with longer or indefinite end dates. I had no referral code and activated the day before a flash sale....oh well i was a little disappointed but the approximate $750 i have saved over the last 361 days over my previous providers bills more than makes up for $50 lost out on activating without a promo or a referral code. The $75 +tax i used to pay for my services each month has now been reduced to $0.

davezzz07

Thank you for point that out. I really didn't see the "second".

jimbobs

@darlicious wrote:

@jimbobs 

This flash sale was the pre-pandemic norm because most people can access a local retailer to purchase a sim card. Once pm started having activation promos again....for safety and social distancing they introduced a flash sale email sign up of 2 or 3 days and then about 3 weeks to activate your sim card giving you enough time to order your sim card online and recieve it in the mail with time to still activate during the promotional period. The downside was anyone who didnt enter their email during the small window to do so didnt qualify for the promotion despite it having a three week period to activate .

Just something else - easily avoidable - to piss off rather than delight customers.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davezzz07 wrote:

Hello,

I joined PM on July 31st when the promotion of 0$ for 30 days started. However, I can see that PM charged my credit card the amount related to my plan. Could you please tell me what happened and if the promotion will ever be applied to my account?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dave

Note the keyword in the subject line... "second". Promos are never free up front. You should see the credit before your second term.

davezzz07

Hello,

I joined PM on July 31st when the promotion of 0$ for 30 days started. However, I can see that PM charged my credit card the amount related to my plan. Could you please tell me what happened and if the promotion will ever be applied to my account?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dave

@Victorious888 

@Victorious888 wrote:

I just activated my account 6 days ago  and would like to get the flash sale. How do I request/appeal for this since I joined less than a week ago.

Thanks

V

You are out of luck unfortunately.  Promotions are time limited and PM usually does not back date promos. 

Victorious888

I just activated my account 6 days ago  and would like to get the flash sale. How do I request/appeal for this since I joined less than a week ago.

Thanks

V

Victorious888

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for informing us about this @Catherine_T 

@Naik 

If you are a new activation then you can downgrade your original plan after you recieve the credit in your account.

If you are a current customer you would have to port out and port in again so its probably not worth the hassle and expense for a 30 day credit if you care about your phone number.

@Naik wrote:

Can you downgrade the same account or will have to port number to a new account.

Thank you

@Naik This offer is only for people who open a new account.

Naik

Can you downgrade the same account or will have to port number to a new account.

Thank you

@PatB 

Welcome to public mobile! Thats a nice surprise bonus for you on top of your referral credit of $10. After you recieve your 30 day credit you are free to downgrade to a cheaper plan if that suits your needs better ( or higher for that matter.) Some customers take a higher priced plan for the first 30 days to enjoy all the features and then downgrade to take advantage of making their credit go further.

Keep in mind that plans are 30 days. If you activated on August 1st your renewal and new plan cycle will start on August 31st. Not September 1st. Enjoy the savings!

PatB

Thank you LurganleUk. 

Personally, I had no problems receiving my Sim card. I didn't even know about this promotion, until the day after I'd received it. 

I waited until the first of the month to activate my account with PM, as I felt it would be convenient to keep track of the billing that way. 

This promotion was a really nice bonus to discover & I was able to make use of it. Kudos to Public Mobile for offering promotions during these tough times. Take care all. o/

There are ways to get a valid sim number to set up an account with and have it delivered later. 

@Sweetl 

Doesn't matter if buying here or canadiancellaupplies. Neither will get you sim in time for this promo.

Sweetl

Online you have to pay full price of sim order from Canadian cell you get cheap price or go to store free sim

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Me too....I even re-signed up just incase I somehow got missed, but still no notice.  
Luckily I found it on my Feedly account.
Great promo, as it covers all the plans! 😊

@jimbobs 

This flash sale was the pre-pandemic norm because most people can access a local retailer to purchase a sim card. Once pm started having activation promos again....for safety and social distancing they introduced a flash sale email sign up of 2 or 3 days and then about 3 weeks to activate your sim card giving you enough time to order your sim card online and recieve it in the mail with time to still activate during the promotional period. The downside was anyone who didnt enter their email during the small window to do so didnt qualify for the promotion despite it having a three week period to activate .

jimbobs

Promotions are always nice and favour some and just annoy others. 

This one: only open for 3 days but it takes (according to your own offer) 3 to 7 days to get a SIM. 

C'mon, you have to think these things through.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elijiah1234 wrote:

I did not get this promotion and my account was opened and activated in july

@Elijiah1234 

These promotions don't work that way. It's for new activations during the promotion period. Was there a different promotion that you think you're eligible for?

Elijiah1234

I did not get this promotion and my account was opened and activated in july

@PatB wrote:

It seems like I've joined Public Mobile at a great time! I received my sim card yesterday & decided to wait for the 1st. to activate it, so this was a nice surprise to find coming here this morning. 

I did use a referral code during the activation process & I've reviewed my account information to make sure that all is well there & it is. I don't see the $10.00 credit for the referral though & so I'm wondering if it's considered an "in-market promotion". In which case that makes sense as, "This (flash) offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions." 

You'll need to wait up to 72 hours before you recieve that $10 credit in your Public Mobile account balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.